“Great diving outfit to contact during your stay in Phuket!”

Andys Scuba Diving Phuket
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Rawai
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy private tuition or guiding on your Phuket scuba diving experience with a professional, fun and friendly service. We are the original and only Phuket PADI dive centre to specialise in private scuba diving guiding or tuition at no extra cost. Whether you are brand new to scuba or looking to enhance your experience and certifications, we provide you with personal, professional service at all times. Scuba Diving is a passion for Andy and our team.... not just a job, and we aim to give you the best possible experience while scuba diving Phuket. You don't need to be staying in Rawai or Nai Harn to dive with us - we pick you up for free from Patong, Kata, Karon and Chalong areas too! We offer competitive prices on diving day trips and PADI courses, plus you get a great discount on all our Similans, Burma, Hin Daeng and Phi Phi liveaboard trips. And no credit card payment fee. We look forward to meeting you for a fun and exciting time!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Great diving outfit to contact during your stay in Phuket!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I recently went to Phuket for vacation and decided that I wanted to do some diving during my stay. Andy's scuba diving was recommended to me and I've gotta say that I was not the least bit disappointed. Not only was my trip/diving package very affordable, but it was also enjoyable from start to finish. Being that this was my first time diving and the fact that I was on a condensed timeline, I chose the 3 dive Discover Scuba package. They provided shuttle service from my hotel, all equipment needed for dives, private instruction, as well as breakfast and lunch on the boat. I was impressed to say the least. All of the crew were extremely professional and fun to be around. Dan was the instructor that I was assigned to and he seemed to be really dialed in. He was very knowledgable and had a way of teaching that had us geared up, familiarized with our equipment, proficient in demonstrating our skills/safety procedures and diving in no time. He also seemed to go out of his way to lead us into really cool spots where we could see more marine life. I'm not kidding, there were multiple times that I watched him flip upside down and under sections of reef to see if he could find an eel or something hiding in there that we could observe! Needless to say, this was by far the best money that I spent during my stay in Phuket and it made for a really enjoyable experience. 2 thumbs up as far as this guy is concerned.

Visited September 2013
andyscubadiving, Owner at Andys Scuba Diving Phuket, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hi Mike

Was great to meet you guys on the boat as well and was glad that you had a fantastic day with Dan completing your Discover Scuba Diving programme. Look forward too you coming back to come and complete your Open Water Course, again glad you enjoyed the day

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Andy is the bomb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was in Phuket in March for diving with another outfit, and had a good time, but on my last day Andy was on my boat, and he was such good fun and so welcoming and entertaining that I bookmarked their facebook page right away and swore I would do my next Phuket dive trip with Andy's.

Happily, I got THE Andy on my trip last week, so while there were other divers around, he was my very own dive master and it was just fantastic. I had 2 days diving with him around Racha Noi and Racha Yai. Great fun, great visibility, great finds... octupus, boxfish, moray eels, giant puffers, just to name a few.

I don't usually like to go to the same place twice, but I will be back for more diving in Phuket with Andy!

Also, Sally could not have been more helpful with getting sorted. Great recommendation on Friendship Beach - the food was indeed phenomenal!

Thanks Sally and Andy for a fab mini-break!

Visited September 2013
andyscubadiving, Owner at Andys Scuba Diving Phuket, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hey Robin

Thanks for a great few days diving and was so glad that we had fun not just underwater but on the boat as well. Sally is always so great at getting all your questions answered and also if you need accommodation Sally can help you with that too. I am looking forward too seeing you back in a few weeks to go and dive the Similans will be another great trip on the Liveaboard and lots too see. See you then for another great trip
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Andys Scuba Diving is a cut above the rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am a PADI certified Open Water diver. I was certified ten years ago in Phuket, and still come back once a year. Some years I have more time than others, and this year as it turns out I only had one day for diving. Over the past decade I have fallen in with a number of the tour companies that run from Chalong pier into the South Andaman Sea. Although I have never had a bad experience, of course, some are better than others.

So, this year I looked on TripAdvisor for a dive company and came across Andys. The reviews are good, so I figured why not give them a try.

First of all, Andy and Sally, who run the company, were great with the email communication. Everything went smoothly, and they were able to get me set up with the proper sized gear without having to come in early for a fit-up. I just arrived via minivan at Chalong, and all my stuff was ready. For this day, we went out with Seabees, a German dive outfit, but my guide, Andy, was dedicated to me for the day. Seabees basically provided the dive boat. As far as Seabees is concerned, they had an excellent boat and their staff was friendly.

Now back to Andys... my guide, Dan, was truly excellent. What made this dive trip different from so many others I have taken from Phuket was the level of preparation Dan made for each of our dives. He brought laminated color maps of all of the dive sites and went over, in detail, what is to be expected on each dive. Beyond just the underwater features, he was also familiar with the currents, which it turns out are stronger during the rainy season.

Also, after each dive, Dan brought out color books in order to identify the species we saw. This is nothing new, but I found that Dan was more thorough in his preparation before and research after the dives... more so than any other dive instructor I have encountered. Since I only had one day, I really wanted to make it count. Dan suspected that we might find some Black Tip Reef Sharks off Bida Nok, and that we should try the shallows for that. He was right on, we saw four sharks feeding like crazy in an area that was teeming with fish of many kinds. It was an incredible dive experience and I was totally thrilled. I could tell that Dan was also having a great time. Some dive instructors can be rather aloof with one-day divers, but I never felt that way at all with Dan. You would do well to use Andys, and if you do get Dan as your guide I am sure you will have a great day.

Visited September 2013
andyscubadiving, Owner at Andys Scuba Diving Phuket, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hey Jeff. I am so glad that you had a fantastic time and that you chose us for your day of diving. It is always our pleasure to give you the best diving you can have and this always starts with Sally who replies to you so quickly and is always fantastic at the replies she sends you guys with all the information you need for the day and also accomodation if you need it. Dan is great he finds lots underwater and that is great that you got to see the black tip reef sharks and all the other marine life you saw. We always explain about the marine life here with fish slates and books so you guys know what is here. Will be great too see you back here soon
mortlake
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

My family had two diving days with this company..My husband who is already an OWD, and my 11 and 14 year old girls. Both girls have never dived before, but after their first dive with instructor Mike, we rebooked and did the 3 dive trip to phi phi. On both trips, the organisation was top notch, from the pick up at the hotel, food for the day, to the knowledge of the underwater world to my girls. They did the Racha discover scuba 2 dive trip, and then the 3 day trip to phi phi. My husband who has dived many times before was also impressed by this company, as well as what he saw under the water. Thanks again for a memorable trip Andy, Sally, Dan and Mike.

Visited September 2013
Hey I am so glad that Maddy and Sophie had a great time with Mike both times and also Colin having a great time with Dan and the it was my pleasure to personally take Colin on your last day of diving. It was so great to see how the girls were so good underwater consedering this is the first time they have dived. It was a fantastic day at Phi Phi and when you guys come back next time it will be a pleasure to certify the girls. Sally and myself are looking foreward too seeing you back here soon
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent and very professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Prompt, polite and professional replies from Sally ultimately led us to booking a 1 day dive with Andy.

Andy himself is passionate about his job and explains everything in great detail - perfect for beginners or less confident people.

Would highly recommend the 1 day (3 dives) at Phi Phi.

Visited March 2013
andyscubadiving, Owner at Andys Scuba Diving Phuket, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hey Lisa It was our pleasure to your family for the day to the Phi Phi Islands and so glad that that you had a fantastic time. Sally is always fantastic at responding and letting you know what will happen for the day. We look forward too seeing you back here again soon