“Pampered diving - the best!”

Andys Scuba Diving Phuket
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Rawai
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy private tuition or guiding on your Phuket scuba diving experience with a professional, fun and friendly service. We are the original and only Phuket PADI dive centre to specialise in private scuba diving guiding or tuition at no extra cost. Whether you are brand new to scuba or looking to enhance your experience and certifications, we provide you with personal, professional service at all times. Scuba Diving is a passion for Andy and our team.... not just a job, and we aim to give you the best possible experience while scuba diving Phuket. You don't need to be staying in Rawai or Nai Harn to dive with us - we pick you up for free from Patong, Kata, Karon and Chalong areas too! We offer competitive prices on diving day trips and PADI courses, plus you get a great discount on all our Similans, Burma, Hin Daeng and Phi Phi liveaboard trips. And no credit card payment fee. We look forward to meeting you for a fun and exciting time!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Honiton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pampered diving - the best!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Andy has a big personality and is truly passionate about diving. He wants you to have the best diving experience you have ever had and he works tirelessly to ensure this is the case. My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful two week holiday in Phuket and the highlight for us was spending 5 days diving with Andy. His eagle eye means he spots everything and we have over 1000 photos to prove it. For a nominal extra cost Andy will photo your adventure which means you have time to relax and enjoy each dive. He has an excellent working relationship with all the boat crew and makes sure you are well positioned on the dive deck. Andy spends time before each dive providing a thorough briefing which puts all the other instructors/guides to shame. He gets all of the kit ready and even puts on your fins and completes your log book. You really don't have to do anything except jump in! We have dived all over the world but once you have dived with Andy you will not want to dive with anyone else.

1 Thank Hawkeyester
andyscubadiving, Owner at Andys Scuba Diving Phuket, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Hey it was great to dive with you guys and thanks for the great compliments it is always nice to hear from such great and experienced divers as yourselves. I am so glad that I could show you so much underwater and that you loved the photos. It was a pleasure for me also to dive with you guys. I really hope to see you guys back here again maybe to go to similans next time or just more fun diving with you guys. again thanks for the great review

• Korean first
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best dive guide in Thailand”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I read, and asked multiple people, who is the best guide/person to go diving with in Phuket, Thailand? After several responses (all the same) I found Andy Cross’s website.
After one look, I booked 9 months in advance. Then I joined ‘Love to Scuba Dive’ Facebook page and wow! I could not wait! The photos alone made us so excited with anticipation. This and the great communication I had with Sally, Andy's wife and admin Superstar about weather and even where to stay and eat, had myself and my fiancé counting down the days.
We did 4 days in total, 2 of which I did on my own as my poor fiancé got sick and I have to say - it was the best diving experiences of my lifetime! And I am an advanced diver who lives on the Great Barrier Reef. Andy's knowledge, experience, fun but 'get in there & get diving' attitude made it.
The boats and dive spots themselves where great. But I have to say - diving with Andy is truly pampered diving. A bit hard to get used to, but by day 3 you get the swing of things. Andy will make sure your experience is amazing and you literally don't worry about a thing - except your dive. And isn't that what it's all about?
I cannot wait too return and do my dive master course with Andy and other dives. If you are in Phuket - do not dive with anyone else; you will just be disappointed (trust me - I saw the faces of the divers when they heard about what I saw and did and they didn’t, and they weren’t happy!)

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Kristy J
Hey was really fantastic diving with the both of you and yourself for the days we did. It was so good to see the enthusiam you had under the water and watch you get excited on every dive nearly as much as me. Am so looking forward to you guys coming back so we can do some more diving and also complete your divemaster and maybe go to the similans as well. again thanks for the great time and the great review. see you next year already looking foreward too it
Gainesville, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't find a more enthusiastic insructor anywhere.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Andy is a man that truly loves his job. You are not just a number to him. You are not a paycheck. It apparent the first day you get to know him. It seems that these days most businesses are just out to get business. Andy is definitely not one of those close minded businessmen. It shows that he wants to do nothing more than ensure you the customer have the best scuba experience in and out of the water. Things that a typical company wouldn't think to even concern themselves with, Andy does. He chooses the boat bases on the comfort and the friendliness of the crew, not on how many extra divers one can fit on it to make more money. The pre-dive breifings he gives are like no others. You actually learn about the sea life you are going to see. He tells you every creature that you have the chance of seeing and a bit of information about it. He makes it a learning experience.

On a personal note, I had originally been recommended by someone I knew to go to him. I was originally supposed to do my OW, AOW, and Nitrox dive. After I completed those, I couldn't get enough of divng so I went ahead and changed my travel itinerary to allow for 3 more days in Phuket and did the EFR course and Resue diver course. Over all, I got 5 certs, all with great training value. I am going to come back and hopefully finish up my Divemaster with him. It is well worth diving with Andy.

1 Thank Mark S
Hey I am so glad you had a fantastic time diving with me. It was great to watch you go never dived before to a really good diver and fantastic to watch you in the water and see how relaxed you are. it was great that you also want to further your course so instead of just doing you Open Water, Advanced and Enriched Air to see you complete your Emergency First Responder and Rescue diver Course. I am so looking forward too seeing you back in Feb to complete your Divemaster course Great 8 days diving again well done
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Experience - made me think to register for Professional course”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

It was great Fun with Andy's team, exploring the sea beds..! Initially, I was bothered since Andy did not turn up for the dive, but sent 3 other instructors. I can say that the three were the calmest instructors I have met. Especially Mickey, who took special efforts to teach couple of my friends who were struggling to get to the bottom. Mickey took spent time with them and had them down to the sea bed. We were 7 and had enrolled for "Discover Scuba Diving" package.

The fun was so much that I am left longing to enroll for the Professional Diving Course with them.

1 Thank Devendra M
andyscubadiving, Owner at Andys Scuba Diving Phuket, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hey I am so glad that you guys had a fantastic experience and also that you are thinking about taking the Paid Open Water Course the first of many I hope. I am sorry i could not dive with you guys but as Sally had explained to you guys I was already booked on a open water course this is why I came to the pier just to meet you guys in person. We look foreward too too seeing you back here soon so we can show you more of the underwater marine life again so glad that all you guys enjoyed your first underwater experience
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If carlsberg did dive instructors...”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

first time experience on my discover scuba diving course which was nothing short of unforgettable, the enhusiasm andy brings to the job defnitely rubs off on you when you're going on your first dive, and no disrespect to the other dive instructors or companies operating off the boat with us that day but Andy looked after me a lot more than what the others did in comparison with their customers, very helpful and already recommended others i met when travelling round thailand to go with him, can't wait to come back to thailand again as a qualified diver to dive with him again!

Visited September 2012
andyscubadiving, Owner at Andys Scuba Diving Phuket, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
hey thanks for the great day I also had a fantastic day with you. I am so glad that i could show you so much marine life and next time we could go to Phi Phi to see the sharks. Thanks also for recommending me to other travels really appreciate it. Again thanks for a great day