“Excellent Detox Retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Atsumi Retreat Healing Center
Ranked #8 of 93 Specialty Lodging in Rawai
Maputo, Mozambique
“Excellent Detox Retreat”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my second trip to Atsumi! I love the place the people and will continue to go back. The green surroundings are perfect for relaxing and detox . The staff is very courteous and accommodating. Atsumi is perfect for detox or just de stress and rejuvenate . Thank you Sophie, Toh and the rest of the Team for making my stay an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Request for Chalets! More spacious and comfortable , beautiful views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Sophie C, Guest Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Nilofer,

THANK you so much for taking the time to review us :-)
It is always a pleasure for us to welcome returning guests back to Atsumi and we thank you for the loyalty and commitment that you have for our program and retreat.

We love to keep seeing our guests returning year after year, it is verification that we are doing a good job :-)

We're really happy that you had such a great time. Take good care of you and see you soon at Atsumi !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Courbevoie, France
Reviewed March 30, 2013

it was my first experience of fasting and a great idea I had to do with Atsumi:-)
It is the most beautiful gift that I never did to my body.
The staff is just amazing. Sophie, Gerry, Toh and Nam are so friendly, approchable and full of enthusiasm. Any questions or issues I had they were there to help me. Atsumi is really the place to clean your body but also your mind. It is such a spirit a spiritual place at the same time.
Thank you Sophie for your great talks about fasting and how to break a fast. It really helped me to change my lifestyle now that I am back home. Thank you Toh for your enthusiasm and daily smile. Thank you Anna for creating such a beautiful place.
I will definitely come back...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your great review ! we are really happy that you came and selected Atsumi for your first experience of fasting. We are really pleased that you enjoyed so much your stay. It was a real pleasure having you with us, your beautiful smile and always positive attitude were awesome :-) We have no doubt that you are applying what you learnt during Sophie’s talks at Atsumi to your everyday life and wish you continued success. And we can t wait for seeing you next time :-)
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Is my 3rd time at Atsumi, And i love it.
I think is an excellent place to cleanse And detox body And mind in a very natural way with the support of well trained staff in a green and peaceful ambience
This time I stayed for two weeks, one week full fast and one week raw fast and was simply perfect!!
I would like to thank Sophie, Sarah, Gerry, Toh and all the team for your support, love and passion in making feel every guest special!
Thank you all!!!
See you next year
I love Phuket!
Simonetta

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Simonetta44
Sophie C, Guest Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Simonetta
A sincere thank you for taking the time to review us :-).. We love welcoming returning guests back to Atsumi and we thank you for the loyalty and commitment that you have for our program and retreat. We're really happy that you had such a great time. we really enjoyed sitting with you everyday and just talk about life, spirituality, angels, etc... such lovely sharing moments. Take care and see you soon for your 4th time :-) cheers
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We visited Atsumi in December/January and were very surprised to be so disappointed.
Compared to other Wellness retreats we had been to, this was by far the least value for money, and non-spiritual experience ever encountered.
The prevailing attitude at Atsumi is that whatever the complaint, the guest is always wrong!
A initial deposit is demanded (to the owner's personal bank account) and you are expected to pay HER bank charges, as well as your own! On arrivial you are marched into the office to pay your entire bill in full, up front, before they even offer breakfast!
If you have any valid reason to leave prematurely, as we did, they state refunds are not available, no matter that they have treated any guest exceptionally badly. If a refund is eventually grudgingly offered, they don't action it for over a month having calculated the refund seriously skewed in their favour. They are totally unethical, and we are still owed TB 17,000 which we have no hope of recovering!
Our advice ? Do your own research thoroughly. There are other Wellness Resorts in or near Phuket that offer clean, modern and superior accommodation, with far better medical attention, better qualified staff, superior facilities, more useful programmes, more efficiently organised and all at far better value.
The inherent problems that are now evident in this resort are too numerous to list here.
However, if you ignore this advice, at least protect yourself by initially only booking for a minimal period, in order that you can leave more easily, and with less financial penalty, should you find it necessary.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank 81Val
Sophie C, Guest Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valerie,

In response to your feedback we would like to clarify a few points.

Our refund policies are no different to the majority of resorts/hotels or detox centers. The purpose of paying in advance is to secure the room for the duration of the stay. If you choose to cancel your booking or leave early we will obviously be left with an empty room that we could have otherwise have filled.

We do treat every case individually and have in fact given full refunds in the past. In your case we were fully aware that after 10 days here you decided you wanted to try a different detox center that had been recommended to you. We do not in any way consider this a valid reason to offer a refund.

The reason we did agree to offer a refund was purely in response to your threats of making the center “ living hell” for the staff and the other guests alike if we didn’t.

Since leaving we have spent many hours responding to your threats and demands for more money and we are fully aware that you are trying to profit on this situation. We have advised you all along to kindly contact a lawyer and deal with any outstanding issues in a professional manner. Strangely you never did…

Best regards,
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My commitment to my health is a huge priority to me. I came to Atsumi very healthy within my ideal weight range. I am a Certified Raw Food Chef and eat an 80% plant based organic raw food diet for the past several years together with my young children. I wanted a peaceful, beautiful, loving and kind tropical environment to cleanse in, to learn and grow spiritually, to rid my body fully and completely of toxins and mucoid plaque, and to experience a multitude of physical strength developing programs while learning more health tools and skills.

My 35 days at Atsumi was wonderful and I experienced everything and more of what my wishes were for coming. I juiced for 7 days, full fasted for 14 days and raw cleansed for my last two weeks. On my 13 to 15th day I no longer had mucoid plaque lining my small or large intestine, that meant to me I was restored to my original state.... as clean as a baby! So exciting!! Now when I buy and eat organic fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds I will benefit by my body being able to completely absorb the full nutrient content of all the organic vitamins and minerals as my colon is no longer impaired with toxic and disease forming mucoid plaque.

The owner Anna was very personable. She made a point to come have a private discussion with me and was most easy to approach with any questions I had. The front office was very open and inviting especially with Toh always smiling and willing to be a man of so many traits. Nam was wonderful checking my blood pressure daily, providing health tips and facial demonstrations, but most of all a very kind and loving soul. Sophie the Fasting Consultant Supervisor had a wonderful way of being able to share her joy and knowledge and openly look for ways to learn and grow through all of her guests. Kris was an amazing instructor for abs and core, circuit, body measurements and testing..a real encourager. The colema girls were the happiest ladies I ever met, and the colema rooms smelled with the aroma of especial oils and were impeccably clean and sanitary. The gym had the most amazing view of the lily pads growing in the huge pond and massage huts. The young coconuts were fresh, cold and tasty everyday served with love by the kitchen ladies with the ring of a bell. The fasting talk was very detailed and informative outlining a multitude of health information, tips and useful pertinent knowledge. The morning meetings were always a friendly greeting to one another and often had health information shared by the staff team, usually three staff members attended to share with the guests and always delicious ginger lime tea was served with fresh cold face cloths. The beach walk, mountain hike, Big Buddah, and night market weekly outings were so much fun doing with guests from all over the world, lots of laughs and such a pleasant surprise to experience. I really enjoyed the daily beach mid day trips to swim in the beautiful turquoise warm ocean. Sarah put on the most amazing vision board workshop. I met life long friends from the UK, Austrailia, Europe, North America, Dubai, Mozambique and Thailand. The Thai raw food workshop was so professionally presented by Toh and everything was delicious. The fresh juices were amazing, i especially liked the fresh pineapple juice, so sweet and full of flavour. Jerry so brilliantly led morning gatherings doing Angel card readings as did Sarah, Nam and Sophie. So nice to reflect and focus on a beautiful positive thought for the day. I learned lots from Russ in our sessions on health, mucous, longevity, plants, herbs, lifestyle and a vast selection of recommend reading, doctors and web links he referred to me. I really miss the daily massages and beautiful environment. I loved steaming most afternoons.

I recommend Atsumi to any person seeking true internal health. I feel the best I have ever felt in my adult life right now. Thank you everyone at Atsumi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank DonnaLoveMyHealth
Sophie C, Guest Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for such a detailed and fantastic review my dear Donna, It was a real pleasure having you with us. As I often told you during your stay, you are such an inspiring woman and you brought a wonderful energy to the group. You are a beautiful person, inside and outside. We look forward to see you again. Cheers
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is the place to be to reset your body for a healthier living. I did a 7 day full fast and lost 5 kg in the time and I did not feel drained or tired possibly because of the delicious coconut juice and herbal pills. A daily highlight was the Thai / oil / shiatsu massage. The colema facility is clean and well managed- no worries there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank morizzi
Sophie C, Guest Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate your positive comments and we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay so much and achieved so good results. We hope to see you soon again. Cheers :-)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at Atsumi for a 5 day Raw Food Fast retreat. I loved it from the very first minute I arrived.
The staff were super friendly and helpful. Sophie the Fasting Consultant was very knowledgeable and explained about the colemas and the side effects of fasting. It was such a supportive environment.

My day started at 7:00am with yoga or a similar class, followed by the morning meeting which was a great chance to chat to other Fasters and meet new people. We all had a shot of wheatgrass and a lemon and ginger tea.

Then I had my morning colema, a 1 hour glorious massage (choose from 5 different types), a 2 hour daily trip (either to the local Nai Ham Beach or Big Buddha or Coral Island) or chill out time in my room or by the pool, followed by a 2nd colema and then a different class each evening at 7pm. My favourite was Muay Thai kickboxing. Meditation was also good.

I lost 2 kilos in 5 days. The raw food tasted delicious. i was a little hungry but in between meals I filled up on fresh coconut water and the daily juices.

I felt fantastic after the 5 days and I have kept up healthy eating for over 40 days now that I am back home and lost a further 3 kilos. I look and feel great. my skin and mind is clear.

I would recommend this retreat to everyone. i made some great new international friends too!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Bamboo House. Very spacious. Would recommend.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank TraceyAustralia_12
Sophie C, Public Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
How lovely of you to write such a wonderful and detailed review. Thank you so much. It was a real pleasure to have you amongst us and we hope to see you again in the near future. Cheers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
The LifeCo Phuket Well-Being Detox Center
Phu NaNa Boutique Hotel
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Amatara Wellness Resort
Amatara Wellness Resort
#3 of 13 in Cape Panwa
Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre

Been to Atsumi Retreat Healing Center? Share your experiences!