“Love people and people will love you”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Atsumi Retreat Healing Center
Ranked #9 of 91 Specialty Lodging in Rawai
“Love people and people will love you”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Is my 3rd time at Atsumi, And i love it.
I think is an excellent place to cleanse And detox body And mind in a very natural way with the support of well trained staff in a green and peaceful ambience
This time I stayed for two weeks, one week full fast and one week raw fast and was simply perfect!!
I would like to thank Sophie, Sarah, Gerry, Toh and all the team for your support, love and passion in making feel every guest special!
Thank you all!!!
See you next year
I love Phuket!
Simonetta

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Simonetta44
Sophie C, Guest Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Simonetta
A sincere thank you for taking the time to review us :-).. We love welcoming returning guests back to Atsumi and we thank you for the loyalty and commitment that you have for our program and retreat. We're really happy that you had such a great time. we really enjoyed sitting with you everyday and just talk about life, spirituality, angels, etc... such lovely sharing moments. Take care and see you soon for your 4th time :-) cheers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We visited Atsumi in December/January and were very surprised to be so disappointed.
Compared to other Wellness retreats we had been to, this was by far the least value for money, and non-spiritual experience ever encountered.
The prevailing attitude at Atsumi is that whatever the complaint, the guest is always wrong!
A initial deposit is demanded (to the owner's personal bank account) and you are expected to pay HER bank charges, as well as your own! On arrivial you are marched into the office to pay your entire bill in full, up front, before they even offer breakfast!
If you have any valid reason to leave prematurely, as we did, they state refunds are not available, no matter that they have treated any guest exceptionally badly. If a refund is eventually grudgingly offered, they don't action it for over a month having calculated the refund seriously skewed in their favour. They are totally unethical, and we are still owed TB 17,000 which we have no hope of recovering!
Our advice ? Do your own research thoroughly. There are other Wellness Resorts in or near Phuket that offer clean, modern and superior accommodation, with far better medical attention, better qualified staff, superior facilities, more useful programmes, more efficiently organised and all at far better value.
The inherent problems that are now evident in this resort are too numerous to list here.
However, if you ignore this advice, at least protect yourself by initially only booking for a minimal period, in order that you can leave more easily, and with less financial penalty, should you find it necessary.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank 81Val
Sophie C, Guest Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valerie,

In response to your feedback we would like to clarify a few points.

Our refund policies are no different to the majority of resorts/hotels or detox centers. The purpose of paying in advance is to secure the room for the duration of the stay. If you choose to cancel your booking or leave early we will obviously be left with an empty room that we could have otherwise have filled.

We do treat every case individually and have in fact given full refunds in the past. In your case we were fully aware that after 10 days here you decided you wanted to try a different detox center that had been recommended to you. We do not in any way consider this a valid reason to offer a refund.

The reason we did agree to offer a refund was purely in response to your threats of making the center “ living hell” for the staff and the other guests alike if we didn’t.

Since leaving we have spent many hours responding to your threats and demands for more money and we are fully aware that you are trying to profit on this situation. We have advised you all along to kindly contact a lawyer and deal with any outstanding issues in a professional manner. Strangely you never did…

Best regards,
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My commitment to my health is a huge priority to me. I came to Atsumi very healthy within my ideal weight range. I am a Certified Raw Food Chef and eat an 80% plant based organic raw food diet for the past several years together with my young children. I wanted a peaceful, beautiful, loving and kind tropical environment to cleanse in, to learn and grow spiritually, to rid my body fully and completely of toxins and mucoid plaque, and to experience a multitude of physical strength developing programs while learning more health tools and skills.

My 35 days at Atsumi was wonderful and I experienced everything and more of what my wishes were for coming. I juiced for 7 days, full fasted for 14 days and raw cleansed for my last two weeks. On my 13 to 15th day I no longer had mucoid plaque lining my small or large intestine, that meant to me I was restored to my original state.... as clean as a baby! So exciting!! Now when I buy and eat organic fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds I will benefit by my body being able to completely absorb the full nutrient content of all the organic vitamins and minerals as my colon is no longer impaired with toxic and disease forming mucoid plaque.

The owner Anna was very personable. She made a point to come have a private discussion with me and was most easy to approach with any questions I had. The front office was very open and inviting especially with Toh always smiling and willing to be a man of so many traits. Nam was wonderful checking my blood pressure daily, providing health tips and facial demonstrations, but most of all a very kind and loving soul. Sophie the Fasting Consultant Supervisor had a wonderful way of being able to share her joy and knowledge and openly look for ways to learn and grow through all of her guests. Kris was an amazing instructor for abs and core, circuit, body measurements and testing..a real encourager. The colema girls were the happiest ladies I ever met, and the colema rooms smelled with the aroma of especial oils and were impeccably clean and sanitary. The gym had the most amazing view of the lily pads growing in the huge pond and massage huts. The young coconuts were fresh, cold and tasty everyday served with love by the kitchen ladies with the ring of a bell. The fasting talk was very detailed and informative outlining a multitude of health information, tips and useful pertinent knowledge. The morning meetings were always a friendly greeting to one another and often had health information shared by the staff team, usually three staff members attended to share with the guests and always delicious ginger lime tea was served with fresh cold face cloths. The beach walk, mountain hike, Big Buddah, and night market weekly outings were so much fun doing with guests from all over the world, lots of laughs and such a pleasant surprise to experience. I really enjoyed the daily beach mid day trips to swim in the beautiful turquoise warm ocean. Sarah put on the most amazing vision board workshop. I met life long friends from the UK, Austrailia, Europe, North America, Dubai, Mozambique and Thailand. The Thai raw food workshop was so professionally presented by Toh and everything was delicious. The fresh juices were amazing, i especially liked the fresh pineapple juice, so sweet and full of flavour. Jerry so brilliantly led morning gatherings doing Angel card readings as did Sarah, Nam and Sophie. So nice to reflect and focus on a beautiful positive thought for the day. I learned lots from Russ in our sessions on health, mucous, longevity, plants, herbs, lifestyle and a vast selection of recommend reading, doctors and web links he referred to me. I really miss the daily massages and beautiful environment. I loved steaming most afternoons.

I recommend Atsumi to any person seeking true internal health. I feel the best I have ever felt in my adult life right now. Thank you everyone at Atsumi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank DonnaLoveMyHealth
Sophie C, Guest Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for such a detailed and fantastic review my dear Donna, It was a real pleasure having you with us. As I often told you during your stay, you are such an inspiring woman and you brought a wonderful energy to the group. You are a beautiful person, inside and outside. We look forward to see you again. Cheers
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is the place to be to reset your body for a healthier living. I did a 7 day full fast and lost 5 kg in the time and I did not feel drained or tired possibly because of the delicious coconut juice and herbal pills. A daily highlight was the Thai / oil / shiatsu massage. The colema facility is clean and well managed- no worries there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank morizzi
Sophie C, Guest Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate your positive comments and we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay so much and achieved so good results. We hope to see you soon again. Cheers :-)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at Atsumi for a 5 day Raw Food Fast retreat. I loved it from the very first minute I arrived.
The staff were super friendly and helpful. Sophie the Fasting Consultant was very knowledgeable and explained about the colemas and the side effects of fasting. It was such a supportive environment.

My day started at 7:00am with yoga or a similar class, followed by the morning meeting which was a great chance to chat to other Fasters and meet new people. We all had a shot of wheatgrass and a lemon and ginger tea.

Then I had my morning colema, a 1 hour glorious massage (choose from 5 different types), a 2 hour daily trip (either to the local Nai Ham Beach or Big Buddha or Coral Island) or chill out time in my room or by the pool, followed by a 2nd colema and then a different class each evening at 7pm. My favourite was Muay Thai kickboxing. Meditation was also good.

I lost 2 kilos in 5 days. The raw food tasted delicious. i was a little hungry but in between meals I filled up on fresh coconut water and the daily juices.

I felt fantastic after the 5 days and I have kept up healthy eating for over 40 days now that I am back home and lost a further 3 kilos. I look and feel great. my skin and mind is clear.

I would recommend this retreat to everyone. i made some great new international friends too!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Bamboo House. Very spacious. Would recommend.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank TraceyAustralia_12
Sophie C, Public Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
How lovely of you to write such a wonderful and detailed review. Thank you so much. It was a real pleasure to have you amongst us and we hope to see you again in the near future. Cheers
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have to commend the staff at Atsumi for making my stay something I will never forget. The staff are professional, friendly and very helpful if you need it. There was always someone happy to help me. Atsumi is a beautiful garden setting that instantly makes you feel calm and relaxed. Beautiful water features, lush vegitation, butterflies and song birds create the perfect setting for healing. I want to live there! I highly recommed you try Atsumi. I am already looking forward to my next visit:)

Room Tip: They pretty much have a room for everybody's budget. I stayed in the Yellow House, very spacious...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Warren E
Thank you so much for your comments Warren. We really appreciate your visit and it was so nice of you to share your experience of salsa with your fellow guests. I am delighted that you are already thinking about returning at Atsumi and it would be always a pleasure for us to welcome you at Atsumi. A bientot ! :-)
Singapore
Reviewed January 21, 2013

So this is the 4th fast I have done in my life and I totally cut it short as I felt over-charged and very detached from the community.

Pros - Colon cleansing facilities were TOP-notch. I'll give them that. Very professional

Cons - Super expensive. Compared to other fasting places I have done on beaches off Koh Samui, this was 3 times the price and expected more. At 430pm, you cannot get anymore coconut water or shakes or more vege broth (Which is just one pathetic container). You are fasting from 4 days to 21 days.. What happens if you really need something to drink/juice or more broth. Considering the other place I went to (3 times in the past 10 yrs) gave us unlimited broth from 730pm onwards and had people around till around 10pm for one third the price...I was very disappointed. Also, if you didn't collect your TWO coconuts by 430pm, you would default them? Which was kinda ridiculous. Also on the last day, I wanted some juice to break my fast instead of fruits and I was hoping to try and keep a liquid diet... the owner refused. And this was a very simple earnest request.

For people who havent been to other places, this may seem great but my word of advice is there are better places out there where you will get much better service, value for money and flexibilty. Owner struck me as very materialistic...Once you decide on a fast, you WILL NOT GET A REFUND so trick is to commit to a short one and see if you like it... Fasting is not for everyone and I URGE people to do their homework before committing to this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank SportChic
Sophie C, Guest Relations Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review Atsumi and thank you for your positive comments regarding the colemas. It seems that the one item you were unhappy with was more to do with the “food”.

Regarding the coconut juice, all our guests get 2 complimentary coconuts, a natural source of electrolytes, every day. Why two? Everyone’s intestines are different, some more sensitive than others, so consuming only 2 coconuts a day, will help avoid you getting diarrhea or intestinal and stomach pain. However, you are free to take extra coconuts if you wish.

With regards to the vegetable broth, every guest on a full or juice fast is delivered a thermos flask of 500 ml (16 oz) of broth in the evening, which is more than you would be offered at a hotel or restaurant. The benefit of this hot broth is to replenish your body with minerals and nutrients before going to bed. The quantity has been designed to fit perfectly with your bodily needs and help you to avoid getting up all night long to go to the bathroom. If you are still feeling very hungry, in spite of the herbal supplements and shakes that keep you feeling full during your fast, a herbal tea can help as will increasing your consumption of water.

You can also order extra delicious fresh juices from our kitchen counter. Regarding the closing time of the kitchen, many of our guests are outside guests so we are always pleased to prepare their 2 coconuts or extra juices ready to be picked up whenever they want (from 4 pm to 7 pm), no matter what time we close.

With regards to your request for juice to break your fast with and the owner refusing, we always offer either a complimentary fruit or salad platter to break your fast with. Our advice is based on 10 years of experience and thousands of satisfied guests. If you want to consume other items, this is of course entirely up to you, but this will impact negatively on the results of your fast. However, if you wish to order a juice to break your fast with, we will be delighted to prepare one for you.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
CC's Hideaway
CC's Hideaway
#3 of 134 in Karon
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Navatara Phuket Resort
Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre
Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket
The Village Coconut Island Beach Resort

Been to Atsumi Retreat Healing Center? Share your experiences!