“what a load of codswallop”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Atsumi Retreat Healing Center
Ranked #8 of 93 Specialty Lodging in Rawai
Brunswick Heads, Australia
“what a load of codswallop”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

if you need to sort your life out, do it yourself yes the people are nice here but the underlying factor is MONEY how much can they take from you???? spirituality is measured in exchange rates and if you like to put water in your anus everyday this is the place for you!!! it will show you nothing you dont already now unless you are a moron and i realised after there are a lot of morons in this world..............including me

Room Tip: hmm what can i say better go to laos
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank poopookins
AtsumiHealing, Owner at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I’m sorry that you were disappointed and didn’t enjoy your experience as much as our other guests. Personally, I don't feel fasting and detoxification is Moronic but I do recognize the fact that not everyone will have a fantastic time but at least you took the time to try it and make your own decision.

I wish you well with any future endeavors and hope you don't give up on holistic health as it can be a life changing experience.

Kind regards

Anna Wasin (Managing Director)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was my very first. Detox healing holiday, previously I assumed this type of thing was out of my reach and priced for the celebrity purse. I found Atsumi great value for money, and the service was good too, OK it's not 5* but the service, accommodation and raw food is great.

I stayed in the Buddha House it has a shared bathroom and kitchen both v large, and peaceful, oh and it had a lounge with a tv and DVD too and an outdoor terrace. My single room was a little small but adequate and homely I have no complaints it felt v good value for
what I paid, and it was peaceful.
I would not reccomend the more expensive Villas although they are large newer and lovely they are situated in the main resort, and the aroma from the colonic rooms if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction can sometimes infiltrate the villas...

I did the 3 day raw and 7 day full fast. I stuck with it, and never felt hungry or deprived. I was challenged by very low blood pressure, and a feeling of weakness for 3 days, but I learned so much about my diet and how my body reacts to food, so it was worth a little unpleasantness. I find the twice daily colema as a little controversial, I think they are incorporated to cater for the people who are seeking dramatic weight loss, not my main motivation have to say. They aid with the detox of course, and I can imagine the shakes we had to take would have taken much longer to expel naturally.... However I was v nervous about the Colema having had surgery on my bowl a few years ago, I raised this but Atsumi are not a medical retreat so they could not really comment. I know my surgeon would not be v happy if he knew what I'd done Colema removes all the essential flora from your gut, so this is not of benefit. However as I say if your motivator is weight loss I am sure you can suffer a little gut flora unbalance. They try and replace the lost flora with top ups at the end of your programme, but in my view this is still a controversial practice.

I paid for the intensive mediation course with Tobias, it was good value, I had the life cards clairvoyant reading too, nice lady but you know only you can determine your future really .... But its good fun..

What made the whole experience was the support from the staff and other guests the activities, you always knew there was somebody there to compare experiences with and get advice from, the place has a great atmosphere too and really is a retreat.

I hope to make lasting changes to my lifestyle incorporate more raw healthy food, exercise yoga and meditation, so that I do not have to do extreme detoxing on a regular basis. Atsumi have delivered and exceeded all my expectations, and I feel it was the springboard for me to make lasting beneficial changes. I lost 5 kg and am more optimistic about life and am more focussed.

Enjoy your holiday at Atsumi it's a great place. X

Room Tip: Cheapest option Buddha House is good
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank supahotchick
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had previously done two fasts at Spa Samui Koh Samui but was going to be in Phuket so decided to try Atsumi. Atsumi has much more of a focus on the spritual side in addition to just the fasting or raw food detox. Your day is quite scheduled which can be good or bad...on the positibve side you are quite busy which keeps your mind off not eating, but sometimes you do feel like you are rushing around. They are very good about scheduling around other things you may have to do--just tell them the day before. There are group activities at 7 am anbd 7 pm everyday which you can join if you want. The colemas are done in one area and the ladies set them up for you--at Spa Samui you do them youself in your room. I did the 9 day fast and they include a 1 hour daily massage in the price of the package. I also got additional facial package which was very nice. The ladies in the spa were very friendly. There are a number of cottages in the main resort and then some rooms on the road out of Atsumi and then a block on the other side fo the street (Yellow house). I stayed in yellow house--which is a few hundred yards from the main area. My room was fine, clean but not luxury. The bed are Thai style and very hard! They have alot of extra sessions which you can arrange. I did the Healing pathways which was quite good. Staff was very helpful and friendly. You also get free wifi which was great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Virginia, Arizona, Iraq
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Atsumi is in the middle of nowhere, and is in need of some updates. The middle of nowhere thing is relaxing and all, but try explaining to a cab driver how to get back (even with a map). With that being said, many of the cab drivers are people they know (i.e. husbands of the women who work there), and they rip you off. The grounds are not that nice. The office is surrounded by villas, which is their "nicest" accomodation. My bathroom was infested with ants and a few lizards, however. The pond has areas where there is garbage in it. It attracts bugs. Image how relaxing morning yoga is when you are getting bitten every few seconds and have to swat off bugs. The rest of the accomodations are down the road. I actually like the yellow house rooms better, but it's quite a walk when you are fasting. The walk can be scary at night. You have to cross the street, walk up a road through a neighborhood, and past some creepy abandoned house. It's like a ghost town after 8pm here. The office closes down, and there are no phone in the room. There is supposedly a security guard, but I never saw him. One night while I was there, someone tried to break into the office when I was gathering some DVDs. I didn't know it until the next morning, but once I found out, I could not sleep in the villa which was just next to the office. The sounds of the wildlife rusting through the bushes did not help. Their DVD library was unfortunately full of old titles from the Thai market and were not very good copies. The t.v. did not have any English channels besides the news and cartoons. The whole schedule was all very exhausting - colema at 10:45am, massage at 1:45pm, and colema at 4:45pm. It didn't leave your schedule open for many day time excursions. It seemed that if you wished to seek spiritual clarity and cleansing that you had to book an expensive appointment with one of the holistic quacks, which was quite costly. It appears that some people love this place, and I admit, it has it's charm... but it definately is rustic. Stay in the Yellow Room, because despite the bug spray, the villas had some serious ants in the bathroom and no bath tub. The Yellow Room was also without all the creepy animal noises at night and lizards! All in all, I lost some weight (duh), but I wasn't healed, and I didn't get sick from not doing my last colema. I think my overview of holistic healing is kind of hocus pocus after this experience... One more thing, I desperately needed a cab to go to the dentist in the morning. No one had showed up around 7am but the Manager. She scolded me that I should have booked it a day ahead of time, and advised me that there was some numbers behind the concierge desk. Excuse me?! A good Manager would have taken the few seconds out to make the call for me and would have not acted that way. I was unimpressed with her customer service and the customer service of the gentleman inside who carried on about with a personal conversation while I waited to be assisted. Finally, I had to go get someone else who had to get his attention because she didn't speak English!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Sweet_N_Itchy_Feet
AtsumiHealing, General Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback. I’m sorry that you were disappointed and didn’t enjoy your experience as much as our other guests.

The final colema is very important as its main purpose is to restore the ‘friendly bacteria’ in the colon, I’m pleased to hear that you didn’t get sick after choosing to skip it but please acknowledge that our concern was for your health and wellbeing, it was not intended to inconvenience you.

All of our staff are part of the Atsumi family, including Mr A and Yogi, our taxi rates are pre-set and are competitive with local prices and as explained before, the tariff rates are clearly displayed on the wall in the concierge to avoid any disputes over price, our guest services desk can always book taxi’s on your behalf.

Due to the nature of our business and with the emphasis on retreat we are not located in the hustle and bustle of the night life and unfortunately there are bugs, gecko’s and wildlife within the natural settings of the center but there are also beautiful butterflies, dragonfly’s and tropical birds.

I remain confident in our maid’s level of cleanliness, if you did have an infestation in your room, I regret not being informed or having the opportunity to resolve this matter immediately while you were here.

I’m sorry if our resort location, available DVD collection, cable TV, accommodation, grounds, therapist prices, taxi tariffs, cleanliness, security, wildlife noises, scheduling and my customer services didn’t meet your criteria and standards. Atsumi appreciates all forms of constructive criticism and will strive to continue to improve every aspect of the center.

Kind Regards

Michelle Cooper – Atsumi Healing Manager
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I had an accident last year, result brain hemorrhage, first month no balance (not walking), headache and big question about what will be the future
I been there when I could travel, in this letter just want to thanks all the peoples there who helping me to get as normal now...
Special thanks to Roger, Timmy, Pat, and all the peoples who helping me to recovery and get in balance with my body
Thanks to all the Staff there for the kindness

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank didcoq
AtsumiHealing, Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and the wonderful compliment to our staff and therapists here at Atsumi.

I am so pleased that you are feeling so much better after your cleanse with us and you achieved so much improvement with your balance, these are the result of you taking time out for yourself and having the dedication to commit to our detoxification programme, so well done!

I hope you continue to make progress and achieve the health and vitality that you are seeking.

Kind Regards Michelle Cooper
Poiana Brasov, Romania
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Atsumi healing is the best thing you can do for your health! It is not only about the fact that you detoxify your body but you became a different person, stronger, happier and more energetic. The staff is amazing and the program is worth every single baht! I would recommend going in low season though because the rain can help you relaxing even more and also, if is too crowded you ca not really feel the peace and warmth of this place. There is not too much time to go to the beach anyway so I really found it great sleeping outside in those wooden beds in the afternoon and listen to the rain. Also make sure you stay at the centre and disconnect with the world outside because second year I went I did not and I realized how important that is. I can t wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Carmen C
AtsumiHealing, Manager at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments, I appreciate you taking time to review Atsumi and for posting your photos of our retreat. I am so pleased that you achieved so much during your stay with us, the results are due to your hard work and commitment to a fantastic program - well done!

I agree that our fasting team are amazing and I personally also prefer the weather during low season, I always remind people to bring sun cream and rain coats because it is always very hot but sometimes very wet (and when it rains it pours - I love tropical rain showers).

Although we do have a daily shuttle that visits the beautiful Nai Harn beach, we also offer morning and evening classes combined with a daily massage to give our guests the choice of whether they wish to ‘explore’ or ‘retreat’.

I am delighted that you are already thinking about returning and look forwards to introducing you to the new developments that are continually occurring here at Atsumi.
Stay focused and I hope you continue to achieve great health and vitality!

Kind regards

Michelle Cooper – Atsumi Retreat Healing General Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Everything was just as described, met at the airport. Room was just fine. Atsumi’s just a beautiful place. The best for me was the staff. I lost the weight I had hoped to loose met some real good friends, and can’t say enough good things about it. Only regret was I didn’t stay longer.
Thanks very much and I hope to go back soon with my new wife. Ken

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
The LifeCo Phuket Well-Being Detox Center
Phu NaNa Boutique Hotel
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Amatara Wellness Resort
Amatara Wellness Resort
#3 of 13 in Cape Panwa
Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre

Been to Atsumi Retreat Healing Center? Share your experiences!