“Keep this a secret”

Nikitas Beach Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 256 Restaurants in Rawai
Cuisines: European, Diner, Thai, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nikita's is a beach side restaurant serving International food , wood fired pizza's authenticity Thai food , and fresh seafood dilivered daily from the fish market . Located on Rawai beach for 20 years it has one 'of Phuket's original beach bars attached to the restaurant. Beach side dinning at its best.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Value and sooooo fresh and hot! I am wondering how the 3 young backbackers will get through their cheeseburgers this afternoon? This place has the ambience, friendliness and Thai character of a laid back, chilling place to loose some time with firends! Loved it> Other negative reviewers should go back home to be happy. Loved Nikitas.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Nikitas still has the most stunning views but the food is even better!

From the refurbished kitchen as well as the brilliant Thai Sea food, the European menu is greatly extended and for the Englishman abroad all the favourites, even Karl Pilkington would be happy!

It is still the must visit place in the south of Phuket. chilled out and relaxing and extended range of beers including draught Cider! Must be the best location in Phuket!!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have been to Nikitas several times over the past ten years and always keep coming back for more .

The location is just fantastic , the food and service is good , the staff are always smiling and happy and who would not be working in such a great location.

Nice Thai food and good international dishes and sweets to blow your taste buds away.

Thank you nikitas for keeping the location cement free and natural as it is hard to find this sort of place now on Phuket.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nikitas is so beautifully positioned on the seafront, it really must be one of the best locations in Rawai and the surrounding areas. The lighting is nice, the seating quite comfortable and when I went with my partner it felt like we had made a good choice for the evening.

My review takes a radical change from here...., maybe the owners will take note but I dont care really.

The menu which was slow coming and handed over in a most abrupt and unfriendly way was quite varied with lots of tempting dishes but I felt like some comfort food on this occassion, I'm not big on very spicy food.

Things were looking up, Nikitas suggest that Italian is a speciality and not feeling like a spicy Thai meal on this night I opted for spag bol for the main course and my partner went for quite spicy green lipped mussels which I believe is a local type of dish. Spag bol, how can it be less than edible??? Well, 2 large beers later while becoming slightly impatient waiting for our meal to arrive it appeared...., slapped down on the table by yet another miserable face.

OMG! It must have been a cheap tin of spag bol, left cooking for the 45 minutes that we were waiting. It was a plate of what appeared to be hugely overcooked spaggetti mixed with meat paste into a mush. My partners mussels looked better but there were 2 mussels which had not opened in the cooking process and as most folk know, you must not eat these, the chances are they will make you ill. Luckily I was there to advise her. I have never complained in a restaraunt (fearfull of what a disgruntled chef may do to my next course), I prefer to just avoid lousy places in the future and I wasnt going to change the habit of a lifetime. At least I tried a few mouthfulls in case it tasted better than it looked but it didnt, it tasted just as it looked - terrible!

I was to regret those few mouthfuls until daylight the next morning, the effect on my stomach was such that I couldn't leave the bathroom for fear of an accident, if you know what I mean.

All considered except for the location, terrible is too good a word for Nikitas.

1  Thank sokoluk
Nikitasphuket, Owner at Nikitas Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear sir , I as the owner pride myself in the quality of our food .
Only last night after reading your review I ordered the spag Bol as you call it , the quality was perfect as usual , I can only come to the conclusion that you have made a mistake in the location of the restaurant you have reviewed . You gave us one star for service , most strange as you can see from my staff they are well dressed and very attentive . You gave us one star for food , sadly I think this is a bogus review as we know we have great quality after 20 years in this location and business .Three star for atmosphere , we have no doubt that we have the best location in the south of the island , did you sit in our carpark !!! .Two star for value , please advise me of any other location on the beach with more competitive prices for drinks and food .
We did notice however you gave an establishment up the road that has great views of a car park and a road raving reviews .

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Definitely not for those who expect fine dining hotel experience, food or service. Otherwise a decent spot for chatting and relaxing. They played reggae and probably bossanova. Food and service is not bad really. At least the seafood fried rice was fresh, and the mango sticky rice was up to expectation. Staff was still attentive enough to avoid camera's line of sight, as well as handing us another set of cutleries without being asked when I shared the food with my partner. Price is average, not quite cheap but not ridiculously expensive either.