“Shouldn't be used by groupon”

Chalong Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
“Shouldn't be used by groupon”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We had originally had 3 rooms but ended up turning into one we were dealing with the manager who we don't even think was real as every time we asked to speak to him we were given the run around after 30min of not being able to work out wat was going on with our booking on checking in we finally got room keys the bed was like a slab of concrete the shower sliding door was broken and fell of onto my wife it was filthy dirty and it had a massive split in the floor which we both cut our feet on we told reception but nothing was done we were charged for meals and drinks which were supposed to be included but due to nobody understaning what you were saying I couldn't be bothered complaining anymore or asking to speak to this ghost Marco the manager we couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank terrykc

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am saving your wallet, time and good mood if you do not go here. The whole time I was here they basically just tried to rip me off. They overcharged me and argued with me when I pointed this out. They did not speak or understand English and were rude. So much for the customer is always right. This place is the worst place I have ever stayed. I would not recommend it to my worst enemy! Please safe yourself and do not go.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Amandaoh

Travelers are raving about these Rawai hotels

Svendborg, Denmark
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Just arrived on my backpacker trip. The staff was really kind, but their english was really bad which is difficult to understand of a 4 star hotel. I stayed in the dorm room (Nomads Phuket) which is owned by the same and located at the same place. The room was nice and clean, but there where actually no people there. Most guests are families, so as a backpacker you really shouldn't go there. The beach was very deserted and muddy so I couldn't bath. They charged me 294 Bath for a breakfast that they told me was included and used the excuse that they didn't understand my voucher! The restaurant is overprices (300 Bath for two beers), and they charge you a really high service tax. You have no other place to go, because the road is really bad - electricity cables around your head, slum, much traffic - so you can choose to pay expensive taxis trying to rip you off into Patong or Phuket Town, or you can pay a million Bath at their restaurant. I left three days earlier than I'd planned after staying in the dorm four days all alone! Never getting back to Chalong.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Kasper-Hz
phuket
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel has a very romantic view of the beach from my room and a huge terrace. The room were so comfortable and you have a choice of using the fan or the air-con which i though was a good idea of the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet were SO YUMMYYYY !!!! the beach is not so nice to swim but to look at it is beautiful especially on the sunrise at 6am (I had to go on a excursion very early as I woke up I saw this amazing sunrise) The pool is just so big and so warm. the price on the restaurant are correct. The only bad thing that I didn't really like is the shower of the room as it was suppose to have a jet and it didn't work. Also the location is a little far from everything but next to them they have great temple such as The big buddha or Chalong Temple and a very nice beach just 5min away name Naiharn beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Smells disgusting, hardest bed in the world, overpriced restaurant, dirty shower, aweful beach, noisy hallways. I slept a total of 4 hours a night if lucky. I have never posted on trip advisor, but felt compelled to. Only upside was it was very close to big buddha and Siam safari which were amazing.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank EliseA73
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2012

we are a couple with a toddler.

Room: spacious, clean and with a beautiful view of the ocean.

Beach: little, very polluted water, not good for swimming at all.

Pool: big and not crowded but not the clearest. Algae growing around, you can't see the bottom!!

Location: far away from everything except the Pier to take you to other places. you can't walk much around. is located in an area full with locals.

Service is all right. And hotel is ok in general but I expected more from a 4 stars.

Husband was very happy with the views, as he is a photographer but me and baby spent some time locked in our room.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank Natalia C
weegolo
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Not a good hotel.

Food is institutional basic - breakfast was stale pastries, a mound of soggy french toast, and stewed coffee. Staff were unfriendly and unhelpful at best, and at worst would lie blatantly. It is a bit remote, and the half-hour walk into the center of Chalong is along a busy main road with no pavements and overhead cables dipping down to head-height in places. Taxis prices are ridiculously high, and unless you want to spend your stay exclusively on their beach and pool, you'll end up spending as much or more on taxis as you do on the hotel. I had no hot water in my room.

To top it all off, they tried to triple-charge me when I left.

Avoid unless desperate.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank weegolo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa
The View Rawada Resort & Spa
Rawai Grand House
Rawai Grand House
#25 of 43 in Rawai

Been to Chalong Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!