“Great little bar in Rawai”

COCONUT Bar & Restaurant - Rawai Beach
Ranked #29 of 244 Restaurants in Rawai
Cuisines: Thai, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: COCONUT Bar & Restaurant has a Warm Cosy Atmosphere, we have Friendly English speaking staff and we serve Excellent Western and Thai Cuisine. We are Located right on Rawai Beach Front overlooking the Sea, the near-bye Islands and local Longtail Boat Moorings. COCONUT is very popular with both the local Ex-Pat community and Holiday Guests as we are central to a number of High Quality Hotels and Apartments as well as our own COCONUT PARADISE HOLIDAY VILLAS.
Bordertown, Australia
“Great little bar in Rawai”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is our second trip eating at this bar. We love the atmosphere and the lovely food. The staff are very nice.

• Visited April 2014

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Staffordshire
“A firm favourite.”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd consecutive holiday to Rawai and Coconuts (fondly known as Cokers to my family) is still a firm favourite. We have eaten here and really enjoyed our meals on many occasions. If we eat at any other place, we always call in for a drink or two most evenings. The staff are smashing and usually know exactly what your drink is when you pull up in front of the bar if you are a "regular".
We have still two more weeks to go and will be calling in every evening. I have gone to other bars but somehow Coconuts is the most comfortable of them all. I have never been ripped off here either. There are many bars in Rawai, this one is by far my family's favourite. My son lived in Rawai for almost 3 years and it was he who first introduced this place to us. We like it a lot. Give it a try and make up your own mind.

1 Thank MedsecStaffordshire
“Awful”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Love this place, great food, friendly staff, well made drinks and the upstairs terrace dining offers great views and both Thai & western food. It's also My fave bar on the island to watch the PL footy and they also show F1 and Moto GP. The owner is a cool guy who is well known in the area and understands his market. For Farangs missing a taste of home the British comfort food is exactly what you're looking for. TipTop.

England
“still the same friendly service and excellent food!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Another holiday in Rawai and many more excellent meals at the Coconut Bar!!! Cant I'm already saving up for the next time!!!! I stayed in Rawai at the Phi Phi Island Villa with my family. Tip who is the owner of the Coconut Bar also owns this fabulous villa and her attention to important detail, not least customer service, is a common thread throughout her business.

We took advantage of the takeaway service on several occassions but we ate at the Coconut on many more. It was super to see that the staff are more or less the same people as when I was there two years ago, it was like seeing old friends again. They are so friendly, well presented, speak good English (which is just as well because I dont speak any Thai) and their service style is a pleasant one, easy going without being too familiar.

Our meals were all excellent and its difficult to choose any one above the other - but I will give special mention to the Pork Vienna with mushroon sauce, it was out of this world! The fish and chips was also cooked to perfection....., come to think of it the apple crumble and also the chocolate brownies are more than worthy of mention too. The portions are generous and I couldnt manage a starter, main course and a dessert, it is just too much for me and I dont like to leave food on the plate.

The dining area upstairs is lovely and quite intimate, the dining area downstairs in the bar area shows sport on 2 or 3 TV's. I'm not much of a sports fan to be quite honest but the relaxed feeling of the Coconut bar prevailed - it didnt have the feel of a sports bar really. One evening there were quite a lot of folk watching a big football match on the telly but they were good natured, it didnt spoil anything for us.

If I have one minor complaint it is that on some occassions it wasnt so easy to park directly outside the bar but in all fairness there was always plenty of space just accross the road so it wasnt such an issue, crossing the road is just the same as crossing the road in the UK.

Final word, it was great to see Tip, Ken, their lovely daughter Jasmine and all the staff at Coconut Bar and Coconut Paradise Villas again. We first went to their villas 4 years ago on a last minute holiday and we have been back every year since. What a great place to unwind!!!!! We will be back again.

• Visited February 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great foods ”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We have been here twice for lunch during our visit to Rawai beach. The staff speaks good English and they serve a mean papaya salad. They have draft beer for only 45 Bath per glass. I would recommend visiting here for lunch and chill out.