“Great foods ”

COCONUT Bar & Restaurant - Rawai Beach
Ranked #44 of 274 Restaurants in Rawai
Cuisines: Thai, International
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: COCONUT Bar & Restaurant has a Warm Cosy Atmosphere, we have Friendly English speaking staff and we serve Excellent Western and Thai Cuisine. We are Located right on Rawai Beach Front overlooking the Sea, the near-bye Islands and local Longtail Boat Moorings. COCONUT is very popular with both the local Ex-Pat community and Holiday Guests as we are central to a number of High Quality Hotels and Apartments as well as our own COCONUT PARADISE HOLIDAY VILLAS.
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We have been here twice for lunch during our visit to Rawai beach. The staff speaks good English and they serve a mean papaya salad. They have draft beer for only 45 Bath per glass. I would recommend visiting here for lunch and chill out.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We used this place as a takeaway – delivered to our villa fast and fresh several times and always with a lovely smile. The fact that we kept coming back had something to do with them speaking good English and understanding our order. But that wasn’t the whole story.

The food was fresh and though the curries disappointed – the massaman rated the poorest I’ve eaten in Thailand – the noodles more than compensated. Overall we were very happy and would do it again.

We did make it on site for our final breakfast – a good English belly-buster in nice surroundings, a view of the sea over the road and kind attention to the children.

For a good basic meal that speaks your language and delivers fresh Thai cooking, this does the job well.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have been there twice since we've been in Rawai! The place has a great ambiance, the staff are friendly and the bar food is outstanding, particularly if you pair it with a great cider or beer while watching sports!

My fiancee and I haven't been able to find anywhere else that serves cider with bar food and the views are fantastic! A great place to hang out and relax, great place for a group of friends to hang out or for couples to just enjoy each others company!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were staying at the Coconut Paradise Villas (Bon Island Villa) and had food delivered form this restaurant; great food, fast service and great price. We also, on several occasions, went down to the restaurant to have a meal and drinks, and once again, an amazing experience; great food, very friendly people and lots more. We'll be back next year, probably for a lot of years to come.

1  Thank OnTheRoadAgain1357
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I noticed that there were three Tripadvisor awards in this restaurant, so I thought I'd give it a try. Needless to say I was very disappointed and I could also tell that the people sitting behind me were as well. At first glance the restaurant is very clean and inviting. I decided to have breakfast, continental breakfast to my surprise only included toast and tea/coffee/juice for 120bht, ridiculous by anyone's standards. The staff didn't seem the least bit concerned about their lacking customer service or of the absurd cost of a disappointing continental breakfast. However awesome view of the ocean while eating.

COCONUT-PARADISE, Owner at COCONUT Bar & Restaurant - Rawai Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review and your comments on the Cleanliness and the Great View of the Sea. However, in response to your other comment, we would like to point out that you may not be aware of the cost of a lease and the overheads of running a nice Beachfront Bar & Restaurant. We note you consider the price of 125 Baht for a Continental Breakfast expensive but in fact we are not aware of any Comparable Beachfront Restaurant that is priced lower than us. In fact "COCONUT" is very Popular and Busy at Breakfast time as We are Widely Regarded as Serving "The Best Breakfasts in Rawai"