I checked into this hotel for two nights prior to heading home. I'd been scuba diving and needed a place to just relax for a day. The room was clean and spacious enough but if you don't like steps and slopes, don't come to this hotel. There is a significant difference in height between the reception and the pool and restaurant area. My biggest complaint was the total lack of management at the pool. I arrived with my book to look for a sun bed by or near the pool. I counted no less than nine beds reserved with a towel and a magazine. It was 2pm and people had obviously gone off to lunch or shopping or whatever. I asked the duty manager if they had a policy on this and she replied yes, it's not allowed. I then received a call in my room from the poolside manager who claimed that no such policy exists. I should add at this point that I had waited 30 minutes for a sunbed vacancy, but there were none. The hotel is 25km away from Phuket centre and even if you just want to go for a walk outside of the hotel, there is nowhere to go, you walk directly onto a busy highway. The pool complex is good and they allow nighttime bathing which is very refreshing. The hotel when I stayed was frequented by families with small children, so the attempt at a quiet, relaxed restaurant atmosphere didn't work - it was like eating in Macdonalds. The food was good, the service excellent and the prices well above average for Thailand. I'm open minded enough to realise that maybe I just arrived to one of those 'one-off' bad experiences. I used Trip Advisor to choose all my hotels in Thailand and this was the only one that missed the mark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in Chalong Bay, on Phuket's sunrise coast, Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket will surprise and delight its privileged guests. Just 64 sumptuous, oversized rooms, suites and stunning beach residences. Some residences enjoying their own generous sized private pools, providing the highest standards of comfort and luxury. Contemporary design, flawless personalized service and ultimate nautical lounging experiences. Serenity's facilities include the East 88 Beach Lounge, a fully equipped gym, FREE WiFi access across the resort and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serenity Resort And Residences Phuket
- Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket Hotel Rawai
- Outrigger Serenity Terraces Hotel
- Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket Rawai