Trailfinders booked this hotel for us and it came very highly recommended by them! My husband and I spent 8 nights here and although the location and scenery were lovely, the chalets and the hotel just didn´t have that wow factor we were expecting from the photos on their website. Everything had a tired look to it, especially the Thai restaurant. On arrival we were expected to wait until 2pm - about an hour whilst they got our chalet ready?? Then when we did get in there were things wrong, i.e. no cold water only hot, the sign for "Do not Disturb" was missing, the sun lounger cushions were missing, the outside lights didn´t work which we needed because it is quite dark in some areas. We rang reception next morning and spoke to a lovely girl called Natty who sorted us out with another chalet, but again we had to wait until it was ready. The buffet breakfast was okay, nothing out of the ordinary, and neither was the food. The Thair restaurant was awful, wouldn´t recommend that place. The drinks, especially the bottles of wine were horrendously priced especially when we went out of the resort and had a wonderful Thai meal (at a place called "Au Naturale" in Phuket) with starters, main course, desserts and two bottles of wine and the bill came to the price of just ONE bottle of wine in the resort! Most of the time the bar ran out of house wine which is obviously a bit cheaper. The electricity in the resort was out on two occasions and on the second occasion out for nearly 5 hours, this was the resorts problems because it was working everywhere else nearby. We had a meal in the restaurant when they had the long power cut and although they had generators the food was cold - not nice at all! Twice we came back after 4.30pm and our room had not been made up - according to Trailfinders this is common, but I have to say I have only had this happen on odd occasions, not twice in 8 days!! In our room we sampled one of the unusual fruits left by the maid and the knife we used was still there each day dirty until we left!! When we arrived home I realised I had forgotten to empty a draw of 6 items of clothing, so I emailed them to say I would pay for shipping back and their inconvenience of going to the post office, etc. However these items were not found - so I can only assume that the maid(s) had them. We did enjoy our holiday but it was marred by so many things at the hotel that we would never stay here again, nor would we recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket is a romantic retreat where peace and tranquility soothe the soul with breathtaking natural scenery all around. The landscaped grounds at this Phuket hotel are simply beautiful with tall palms and expansive lawns gently sloping towards the stunning view of Friendship Beach.The elegant villas at this beachfront hotel in Phuket are contemporary style inspired by local design and materials. Many of the private villas include their own pool and all enjoy magnificent views of calm blue waters of Chalong Bay. This serene and secluded Phuket resort is perfect for couples and families seeking a holiday in paradise where warm Thai hospitality awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vijitt Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket Hotel Rawai
- The Vijitt Hotel Phuket
- Vijitt Hotel Rawai
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket Rawai