“Best location in Phuket.”

The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We are a young couple and stayed at the Vijett resort for 4 nights.
We had a very warm and kind welcome when we arrived from a girl called "Natty" who always looked after us during our stay.
The location of this resort and the service where excellent. We were looking for somewhere relaxing and beautiful as far away from the sleaziness of Patong as possible!
Yes, you have to walk from your villa to lobby, reataurant etc. but what do u expect when you want to have your own private villa!!! We spent 3 nights in a deluxe villa with ocean view and the last night in a prime pool villa. We loved both villas, especially the privacy of our own pool was great and soo much fun!! (Don't book the prime pool villa if you are only 2 people as you won't get any use out of the bottom level)!
Staff were extremely helpful and every wish was followed up promptly!
Scooter hire was available for 300 baht a day and got us around most of the island without having to wait for a bus for spending money on taxi!
Breakfast selection had everything we wanted and a great view.
If we come back to Phuket we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Evi M
Peerawut K, Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Evi M,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us your comments have been passed on to the staff, particularly "Natty" our front desk team. I know that she appreciate the recognition that you have given and was always delighted to be at your service.

I certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality again soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Vijitt last month, its a beautifull hotel, but dont go there thinking its and American or European 5 star as its not, its Thailand.
There vare very mixed reviews about this hotel, I think the harsh ones are too harsh and you should not let them put you off, yes the hotel is tired in places and the restaurant and bar could be better, however the villas are loverly, we had a Prime Villa on two floors with a private pool and great sea view, the only think that was poor was the outdoor bamboo shower..its was never clean but I dont think it could be.
The food was fantastic, breakfasts great and not expensive. The pool is loverly and even better when the tide is in..its not a great view when the tide is out.
The staff are loverly I could not fault them, we went to many other hotels near by none were as good, the location is fantastic, it was not far to go any where and taxis are cheap.

Room Tip: Try this hotel its not as bad as some of the reviews say, they are too harsh.
1  Thank Review207
Peerawut K, Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Review 207/London,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on "TripAdvisor" about your stay experience at the Vijitt Resort Phuket during your recent visit.

With a Local 5 Star, we value your insights as a well-travellled guest. Our team is committed to providing a high level of service in all areas and we are delighted that this was transpired throughout your stay.

We certainly hope that your future plans to Phuket include the Vijitt Resort and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

With my best regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed in the Vijitt resort for 5 days during our trip around Thailand. Overall we enjoyed our stay but there is definitely some room for improvement and whilst I think some of the bad reviews on here are a bit harsh I also think the 5 star reviews are a bit misguided.

The highlights:
- Seamless check in, our room was ready and the staff were very welcoming.
- Friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble and communicating was never an issue.
- Lovely infinity pool looking out over the ocean.
- Quiet natural unspoilt grounds adjacent to a quiet beach with no hawkers/sellers.
- Large detached villa with balcony and day beds - great for watching the sunrise
- Amazing view from Sea View Villa
- Free shuttle bus to an alternative beach and Coral Bay during the day
- Baan Vijitt - Thai restaurant. Very nice food.
- No problems getting a bed by the pool any time of day
- Breakfast, good selection and English Bread for toast (not sweet bread)
- Nice lunch in the Savoury Restarant
- Free wifi

Room for improvement:
- Expensive; they seriously need to consider the charges of drinks/food/mini bar/spa and laundry. This is not a luxurious 5 star resort, it is a self rated 5 star hotel. The costs for drinks and dinner in this hotel were in comparison to the Sheraton Grande in Bangkok and the Sarojin in Khao Lak (Luxury independently rated 5 star resorts - see my other reviews). You can drink and eat for a third of the price down at Rawai beach. I feel like the costs at this hotel are extortionate, they get away with it because there is nothing in walking distance so you are a captive audience. If you could walk down the road to eat/drink they would have an empty bar/restaurant.

- Inconsistent cleaning service - on the first day our room wasn't cleaned, we had to call and request. On other days the mini bar wasn't re-stocked and we noticed that the same dead bug on the floor for 3 days. The ceiling in the room open/vaulted into the roof, it is full of cobwebs, there was bird poo on our bed 3 days in a row which made me think the roof isn't fully sealed and one night we came in to c40 flying ants, with all the windows and doors shut they can only of come in from the roof. I will say that one call to reception and house keeping did come down and exterminate said ants.

- Taxi from the hotel in the evening to Rawai cost THB350 one way - a 5/7 minute drive but not walk able in the heat. This is 7 times the cost of taxis in Bangkok for a similar journey and as there is nothing in walking distance to the hotel a free shuttle in the evening to explore the area would be appreciated.

- The resort is not suitable for anyone with mobility issues, the staff will pick you up and take you around in the buggy but walking around would be difficult.

- By the pool - the loungers are uncomfortable and some are broken.

I agree with other reviewers the beach is not suitable for swimming in the sea etc. but it makes for a quiet resort and the free shuttle to the other beaches makes up for it.

All in all our 5 days in the Vijitt were relaxing and pleasant, but it is unlikely we would return due to the location and the cost.

Room Tip: Sea View room was nice
3  Thank CarrieLeigh1102

Dear CarrieLeigh 1102,

Thank you for your taking the time to write us a review in "TripAdvisor" about your stay experience at the Vijitt Resort during your recent visit to Phuket.

Being a local 5 star resort, we value your insights as a well-travelled guest. Our team is committed to providing a high level of service in all areas and we are delighted that this was transpired throughout your stay.

Please rest assured that everyone concerned will be briefed to be more cautious about this matter and that we will also do our best to both improve service and recover more promptly.

We certainly hope that your future plans to Phuket will include the Vijitt Resort and that we will have the opportunity to show you how things will have been improved to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our trip to Thailand and the Vijitt started on Feb 17th and ending March 2, 2013. On our first week we stayed in a beach front villa and as this was our 25th anniversary the room was done up with flowers and it was perfect, even though we arrived at 2am. The reception and service was exceptional. After the 1st week we had arranged a pool villa and as we were out on a day trip on our move day, we simply were asked to leave our bags and all other aspects of the move were taken care of (very professional).
The staff of this resort are extremely genuine, caring and serious about treating their guests to the best experience possible, as was evident by the service and interaction not only witnessed but experienced by us. The smiles and gestures from simple greetings and eye contact at every encounter, to the conversations and questions about our day and its activities were heart felt and humbling.
The resort facilities were excellent and the food was tremendous, which added to our vacation experience. At dinner there was always musical entertainment and on select nights a magic show and cultural dances were added as well. Theme nights for the menu were happening as well adding to our dining experience. Almost every day we ate different Thai selections and they were unreal but an unexpected surprise for my wife was when she ordered the pork chop and goat cheese, it was the best she has ever had in her life! It was so nice to see that not only could they nail the local cuisine but to hit a home run on western food as well shows how deeply they care for their guest’s total experience.
It is pretty obvious that we loved this resort and the folks that work here, as the time we spent was amazing. That being said a special thank you to the entire staff and management for making our stay fantastic and memorable. Thank you Eak, Mon, Nat and Kat for your special attention to detail and spectacular service.
Teri and Ernie from Canada

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank yz250
Peerawut K, Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear allanahShrops,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review in TripAdvisor about your stay experience at the Vijitt Resort Phuket during your recent visit to Phuket.

Being a Vijitt Resort, we value your insights as a well-travelled guest. Our team is committed to providing a high level of service in all areas and we are delighted that this was transpired throughout your stay.

We certainly hope that your future plans to Phuket include the Vijitt Resort Phuket and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

with my best wishes,

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our two week holiday at the Vijitt was everything we had hoped for - Individual secluded, spacious villas set amongst tropical gardens, a glorious infinity pool, two restaurants offering excellent choices of Thai, international or Mediterranean food, a bar which is great for lunches or a drink at Happy Hour, gardens running down to a small private beach which offers fascinating walks when the tide is out, or gentle swimming when it's in and last, but by no means least, the wonderful staff. Receptionists, waiters/waitresses, bar staff, pool boys, cooks, gardeners, cleaners or handymen, they were all charming, gentle, helpful and friendly and always greeted you with a warm smile.
A regular shuttle bus was available to take us to other beaches, to the bustling, very noisy party town of Patong (not to our taste but we wanted to see it), Phuket old town with its C19th architecture or nearby Coral Island, and we enjoyed a variety of escorted trips to places of interest, including a day's tour to Phang Nga Bay which is spectacular and includes the iconic James Bond Island.

The hotel offers a variety of activities ranging from Thai cooking to aqua fit - the Thai massage was sublime - and a buggy if you need it to take you around the quite spacious grounds. The nearby fishing town of Rawai with a wider choice of restaurants and bars is a short taxi ride away.

For a peaceful, quiet, relaxing holiday, the Vijitt is just perfect.

Room Tip: A villa with a Sea view is a must.

Dear allanahShrops,

Thank you for taking the time to review in TripAdvisor during your current stay at The Vijitt Resort Phuket.

Your comments are very valuable in helping us maintain a high level of service to guests. We are most pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's service and facilities. Your kind comments have been passed on to the staff,

We certainly hope, that your future plans to Phuket include the Vijitt Resort Phuket and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We (Hubby, my toddler son and I) stayed here from the 20th of February 2013 to the 27th of February 2013.

I was a bit annoyed when we got there because I had advised them months beforehand that we would need a cot and we would be early so since I had a toddler if we could please have an early check in which did not happen. Also when we got to our villa I had to ring to ask for the cot.

I was very worried for my toddler regarding the garden area in between the villa gate and the villa front door, but sides of the fenced area had breaks between the villa and the fence that was big enough for my son to get through and very steep, I kept envisioning him falling through and breaking his leg or worse.

The babysitter service is excellent that you can book (1 days notice) at the front desk. In Feb 2013 it was only 200 (plus 10% service charge and on top of that 7% vat tax) Thai Baht an hour (just under $10 NZD - approx $8 USD) during the day, it would have been double for late evening/ overnight time period. They were great with our son.

The staff were very nice and very polite, even when a very stressed tired mummy (me) got a bit stressed about losing water bottles that we must have left in the taxi from the other resort we were at - they were very patient with me and supplied us extra water (for free) to accommodate my toddler needing drinking water for his powdered milk.

They have shuttles going around the resort (what seemed constantly) for guests who wanted to hope on to get to their villas - every so often we used this service as after shopping trying to find places outside the resort to eat etc the sloping nature of the resort was a bit too much to bare carrying a toddler and bags. (The resort food is great, but on the high priced side which is worth it, but if we ate there the whole time it would have been too expensive for us)

If you like seafood and can afford a bit of a spurge, try the crayfish meal and probably more so try the King Prawn meal, also the Salmon sandwich was very good too.

The view from our deck, the bedroom, the bath and the shower were just beautiful and I am a very modest person, but the the way the shower and bath windows are positioned I did not feel exposed with the windows open.

My toddler got 6 star attention, I don't think he really knew how to take all the attention :-), but the staff were all just lovely towards him.

The pool at the Kids Klub in the Rotunda has a toddler pool and a sloping pool with sun beds, great when you have children. The main pool has 2 pools long enough to be very long lap pools but came to the height of my knee which my toddler also liked.

Summary - Not a resort for people who what to walk out to bars and shops. This resort is excellent if you are able bodied, It would be almost impossible if you are in a wheel chair. I would recommend the type of room we stayed in - delux villa with a sea view. The service is excellent, the baby sitting service is excellent, the staff are lovely people, the food divine.

Please view my pictures for more info on what I have written.

Room Tip: I would recommend the type of room we stayed in - delux villa with a sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank suzeq2b
Peerawut K, Front Office Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Suzeq2b,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your amazing review about The Vijitt Resort. I will certainly share this information with our department heads and members, who take great pride in providing the best services to our guests. We, very much look forward to welcoming you and family to your home away from home again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

as honeymooners, after enjoying outdoor activities we were looking for a quiet relaxing time, and for that vijitt resort was chosen, the service is really good, friendly staff, i have tried the spa several times and it was amazing experience with great view, I also had a new hair cut, the infinity pool is amazing, the beach is not for swimming. however, it provided a great view, the outdoor showers provides a new experience along with privacy. we totally recommend staying there if you are looking to relax and spend few days in the resort. it is a little bit far from phuket and other attractions, that is why it was perfect for us as we spent the first part of the honeymoon moving around and having outdoor activities all day and wanted to relax a little bit.

Room Tip: beach front villa number 6 for sure, it is close to the infinity pool however, not the closest one...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Peerawut K, Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear AMAA_2012,

Thank you for your review. My team and I are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay for the special "Honeymoon" trip with us and we certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future soon.

With my best regards,
Peerawut Kunchorn
Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
#2 of 329 in Patong
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
#9 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to The Vijitt Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!