We arrived on Christmas Eve at about 1pm clad in warm winter clothing absolutely exhausted from our journey and told our room would not be ready for another hour or so. When we asked the reception staff where we could change out of our hot weather clothes we were sent to change in the toilets in the gym. No privacy and no security. Not a good start. However, when our room was ready it was large and spacious and everything worked albeit a little tired. They should clean the rooms first for the incoming guests as everyone else is out by the pool all day and would not be bothered.
There is a surfeit of young, well intentioned, smiley staff who do not speak English at all well. We saw no one who resembled a manager at all. No one seems to be over the age of 25. The sunbeds were in a terrible state and so uncomfortable that I had to buy a lilo to sit on mine – for a resort that’s main draw is pool and beachside life, this should be attended to.
The pool is fantastic, large and infinity with a spectacular view. However, it was full of screaming children so an afternoon snooze was impossible.
The food is good. The setting is lovely. We have enjoyed it but it is NOT the luxury one expects in Thailand. Large plastic tubs of mayonnaise on what would otherwise be an attractive bar. A few little details like this could be quickly corrected by an Alex Polizzi type. Actually I am doing it myself by writing this report. Come on guys this is a fabulous resort in a fabulous location. Get a good German or Swiss manager in for a month to sort the few easily, inexpensively fixed - but important faults.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket is a romantic retreat where peace and tranquility soothe the soul with breathtaking natural scenery all around. The landscaped grounds at this Phuket hotel are simply beautiful with tall palms and expansive lawns gently sloping towards the stunning view of Friendship Beach.The elegant villas at this beachfront hotel in Phuket are contemporary style inspired by local design and materials. Many of the private villas include their own pool and all enjoy magnificent views of calm blue waters of Chalong Bay. This serene and secluded Phuket resort is perfect for couples and families seeking a holiday in paradise where warm Thai hospitality awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vijitt Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket Hotel Rawai
- The Vijitt Hotel Phuket
- Vijitt Hotel Rawai
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket Rawai