The hotel offers a shuttle bus service to several places and the problems associated with it basically put a dent on an otherwise fairly good stay at the hotel. Having booked days in advance for the Coral Island shuttle bus, we unfortunately mistakenly thought the bus departs at 9:30 a.m. when it departs at 9 a.m. The lobby receptionist told us later that they had made a call to our villa and the restaurant and were unable to locate us but the question was never answered by the staff was that we were at the restaurant when they allegedly called. Anyhow, we decided to take the shuttle bus to the mall. The driver stopped at the gate of the hotel and picked up an unidentified person who spoke English and Cantonese (i.e. a dialect of Chinese). The unidentified person confirmed both in English to all the passengers and then in Cantonese to us that due to the traffic on SUNDAY, it was not possible to stick with the hotel schedule and that the shuttle bus back to the hotel would be 20 mins late. We were told to wait for the bus outside the mall at 3:20 p.m. instead of 3:00 p.m. After waiting some 45 mins in the sun, there was no shuttle bus and thanks to the staff at Jim Thompson, we were able to contact the hotel to enquire what was going on. The fact was that the bus was on time and we were told we missed. We took the local taxi on the condition that the holiday reimburse the taxi fare which they did after finding out that the unidentified person who was another shuttle bus driver at the hotel did make such representations to us.
Nightmare not over! Next day we booked and paid for a hotel car to the airport. Lone and behold, another unidentified person boarded at the gate wearing a white golf t-shirt bearing the name of a local golf course. I have no idea why this kept happening since I had spent 2 hours writing a complaint letter to the management the day before and that we paid only for us to be transferred to the airport and not to drop off somebody wearing a golf t-shirt who wanted to go to the local Toyota dealership.
Anyhow, I must say that the Thai food at the restaurant is good but the villas need improvements when it comes to cleanliness and upkeep together with the patio deck next to the swimming where the metal screws used to fasten the wooden on the ground has rusted such that my feet have stained my white slippers so badly that I had to throw them out.
Lastly, after writing yet a 2nd complaint letter after returning to HK, I have not received an explanation on the unidentified person wearing white t-shirt and a sincere apology which I believe we are entitled to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket is a romantic retreat where peace and tranquility soothe the soul with breathtaking natural scenery all around. The landscaped grounds at this Phuket hotel are simply beautiful with tall palms and expansive lawns gently sloping towards the stunning view of Friendship Beach.The elegant villas at this beachfront hotel in Phuket are contemporary style inspired by local design and materials. Many of the private villas include their own pool and all enjoy magnificent views of calm blue waters of Chalong Bay. This serene and secluded Phuket resort is perfect for couples and families seeking a holiday in paradise where warm Thai hospitality awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Vijitt Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket Hotel Rawai
- The Vijitt Hotel Phuket
- Vijitt Hotel Rawai
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket Rawai