Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Love Chalong Fishing Park

We went to chalong fishing park,my partner fished and I just enjoyed the experience.Jeez the boss... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Samantha3024
via mobile
Greatest fishing day!

21/04/2019 Probably the best freshwater fishing trip I ever had, and I had few of them in Norway... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Vladas G
Sydney, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Rawai
from $21.40
from $10.88
from $80.47
More Info
All reviews mekong catfish red tail siamese carp big fish keen fisherman caught fish different species chao phraya a small swimming pool decent size full english breakfast big ones lovely fish caught plenty round the lake great fisherman hour option
Reviewed February 21, 2018

Brilliant day at Chalong Fishing Park, brilliant facilities, the pool on site definitely makes a difference to be able to cool down after hours in the sun. The guides are outstanding and the one we had was the hardest worker ever. He was constantly on the go helping out and very friendly and knowledgeable. He let us do as much or as little as we liked. The owner Jez was a great host, very friendly and welcoming. Food tasted fantastic and was a very good price along with drinks. An all round excellent day out. Bad reviews should not be listened to!

1  Thank sarahemyles
Jez C, Owner at Chalong Fishing Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2018

Many thanks indeed, after a recent terrible review that we felt was completely unjustified this has cheered us all up and made us even more determined to keep improving. So glad you ended it and thank you again.

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Spent 1.5 hours here. Didn't manage to cast successfully the first time and the assistant warned that if we tried a second time and failed we would have to set our own bait from now on.

Then we had 2 of our rods removed to "clear the way" for the guy next to us who had caught a fish. Had to wait over half an hour without any rods in the water while the other guy was reeling in.

Pros: Visit if you like waiting around without any rods in the water while the assistant ignores you

Cons: Didn't catch any fish after 2 hours

Date of experience: February 2018
Jez C, Owner at Chalong Fishing Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Hi and thanks for your review that I am still trying to get my head around. Firstly I do remember you being here and I can not understand why you did not bring any of this to my attention. We have many first time anglers here who find it difficult to cast and for that matter many experienced anglers who struggle casting a heavy bait ball as its not what they are used to and there is no way that the staff would have told you that after a second failed attempt you would have to set your own bait.
Secondly even on much bigger lakes than ours when a fellow angler connects with a large fish it is very normal for other anglers to bring their lines in, the fish are very powerful and sometimes impossible to control so winding in means that lines are not tangled and fish are not lost with the vast majority of people more than happy to witness the fight in the knowledge that they have done their bit to help. We would be aware that your rods would have been out of action for a while and we would have allowed you to fish for longer to take that into account.....had you given us the opportunity !
Thirdly our reviews speak for themselves with only a couple of negative ones in 15 months with many people singing the praises of the guides and keeping in contact with them on social media etc. On occasions things may get lost in translation but your accusations are unfair to these hard working lads who want nothing more than for our customers to catch fish and enjoy the experience with the vast majority of customers rewarding their services. You requested a guide to yourself and if you had read the website you would have seen that the guides are not assigned to individuals unless we are not busy.
To summarise, had you spoken to me about your issues at the time I would have acted on them and if I felt there was any substance to your problem I would have given you a full refund, however, may I suggest that the next time you you review and try to give a business a bad name that you proof read your own review first. You started the "review" stating that you spent 1.5 hours here and ended your "review" stating that you didn't catch any fish after 2 hours ! If the first line is to be taken into account and your rods were out of action for 30 minutes as you stated you have written this damming sentence based on one hour of fishing. I would like to add more to my reply but it would be un professional but I do wish the owners of other establishments you visit in the future good luck....I think they will need it !

Reviewed February 10, 2018

Amazing beautiful location! From the minute we arrived we were treated like VIP's. From the great staff and highly skilled guides to the biggest fish I've ever landed. This place has everything a fisherman desires! We planned one day of fishing for our holiday but after that experience we will be back for the Wednesday night fish and BBQ! Thanks again to the owner and the awesome guides for the best day ever!

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

Went there last week. Jez picked us up from hotel. Great day, friendly fishing hands. Caught lots of fish during our day. Will definitely come back to do a night session.

Date of experience: January 2018
Jez C, Owner at Chalong Fishing Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Thank you, really glad you enjoyed the experience

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

The fish have certainly grown since my visits last year, and have kept their stamina!
Lots more plants and birds around as the lake has matured through the year.
Fishing was great with Mekong catfish to over 50lb, Siamese carp, pacu, walking catfish, amazon catfish to name a few of the species that we caught during our many excursions to the lake. Look forward to coming back in the future.

Date of experience: January 2018