“best place in Phuket!”

Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
Reviewed September 14, 2010

perfect place! The location is marvelous - right on the beach of Chelong Bay - beautiful sea view with islands all around. The rooms are big and very well equipped. The stuff is very friendly and helpful , nice pool , great music, very good restaurant.
The management (Starr) always around , making sure everything is ok for everybody.
We enjoyed very very good vacation at this hotel and would recommend it to everybody.
If you stay there - take a day trip with long-tail boat from Chelong bay to Banana beach for full day of snorkeling and being on the beach - great place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Gilbenmoshe
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Thanks for a great review. Yes Chalong Bay is beautiful and there are many ways to explore and enjoy it, from kayaking to luxury charters and everything in between. We are only 2.5km from the pier so it is easy and convenient to enjoy our magnificent location.
See you on the water soon!
All the best,
Starr

Reviewed September 6, 2010

I have just spent 7 great days at friendship beach. This my second visit to this hotel, and loved it so much I thought I had to say something. The rooms are spotless, large and well appointed. The people can not do enough to make your stay enjoyable. The atmosphere is relaxed, and nothing is a problem. The perfect place to unwind. I think it is the only hotel I have stayed in, that when I was I leaving, you get a hug from 4 members of the staff. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Seasonedtraveller036

I loved reading your review. It sums up perfectly what we are all about. Yes the staff will hug you because to them you are not a guest, you have been a visitor in our home. When I read a review like this I say to myself, "this person get's it, travel is not about what you see, it's about the people you meet and connect with". Thank you for visiting us and being there to be hugged.
All the best,
Starr

Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed here for 6 days in July 2010. The place ir run by an American, and at first I was a bit put off by the live country music blaring out which isn't to my taste, however this was just a one-nighter, and the rest of the week was quieter. There was however an excellant live band later in the week which was really cool.

Having got accustomed to the place, we found it to be a cosy a confortable oasis in what is otherwise a busy & over-developed Phuket. The hotel staff were friendly & efficient & were always on hand to give some advice. There is a decent pool & the rooms (we stayed in an appartment) are modern, spacious & confortable. With the hotel being on the beachfront, this makes for a romantic place to eat in the even with the sound of the lapping waves.

One bemol however, is that you cannot really swim in the sea here. We hired a car which is the best way to get around.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We traveled to Phuket for our honeymoon and spent our first 3 days on the island at Friendship Beach. Everyone was more than kind and helpful from the incredibly laid back owner to the maintenance staff and servers. We actually extended our stay a night and the owner was even able to give us a lower price because it was "low season" and the guest census at the hotel was low.

We stayed in the utterly romantic beach apartment that opened up right onto the beach. Everything was very clean and cozy and we were able to enjoy several relaxing days. The pool was beautiful and we had many late night and very early swims. We even rented a scooter from one of employees as recommended by the owner and had a great time!

Overall, being completely new to Thailand, this was an amazing place to stay to get our bearing and be able to have a romantic honeymoon spot to rest and get over the jet lag. We were able to scope out some places across the beach (but not on the beach) that were a bit cheaper and fit our budget more, but still would never trade those first 3 days we had there!

Regardless, this place was awesome and we have no complaints!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Hi Starr,

I would like to express my wonderful experience at Friendship Beach Resort where I stayed for two weeks in June this year.

The management and staff excelled, and I enjoyed being treated as family by the hotel management.

The staff were fantastic, all doing there utmost to make my stay a wonderful experience.

The accommodation was very nice, very clean and very comfortable.

I will definitely return to Friendship Beach Resort. I was very miserable at the thought of going home.

Congratulations to the management and staff.

Best regards
Michele P
Melbourne,
Australia

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We visited Friendship beach with our kids and had a wonderfull time staying there. We stayed in a second floor apartment with a beautiful view of the water. The two bedroom apartment was perfect for our family of four. On windy days kite surfers hit the waves and it was fun for us to sit and watch them. The food at the restraunt was delicious and the staff was friendly and helpful. I had several massages by the ocean and overall it was a super relaxing time. Many thanks to Friendship Beach for showing us a good time.

Reviewed March 23, 2010

I stayed at Friendship beach while at Atmanjai for my second trip to do a Detox in Thailand. This time I thought I would stay on a beach and be able to swim... NOT. You cant enjoy a swim from that beach and I thought the rooms were very expensive, especially when there are so many beautiful places around.

Too many people were smoking by the pool, the rooms were not clean when I was there, but that might have changed.

The only great thing would be the sunrise.

I would never had stayed here if it wasn't for the Detox and it was hard to be there as there were parties and of course the smell of food (can't avoid that really), which made it really hard to manage.

The wifi was for free, but it was next to impossible to connect to.

It was not a good experience and I am surprised that so many people rate it high given the complaints I heard from so many people while I was there.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Gazell00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Chanalai Garden Resort
Chanalai Garden Resort
#12 of 56 in Kata Beach
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
Phu NaNa Boutique Hotel
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!