Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre
Sunsuri Phuket(Nai Harn)(Great Value!)
$293
$87
Agoda.com
Rawai Grand House(Rawai)(Great Value!)
$43
$42
The Windmill Phuket Hotel(Nai Harn)(Great Value!)
$55
$50
$164
$153
Agoda.com
Navatara Phuket Resort(Rawai)(Great Value!)
$56
$45
Agoda.com
Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket(Rawai)(Great Value!)
$61
Agoda.com
Phu NaNa Boutique Hotel(Rawai)(Great Value!)
$53
$45
Agoda.com
Modern Thai Villa(Rawai)(Great Value!)
$240
$67
  • Restaurant
Palm Oasis Boutique Hotel(Nai Harn)(Great Value!)
$56
$28
Agoda.com
Ya Nui Resort(Rawai)(Great Value!)
$30
$24
Agoda.com
All reviewsultra cleansedetox programbali stylemorning yogabeachfront roomraw foodbeach frontamazing experiencekite surfinglife changing experiencecooking classnice beachprivate beachbig buddhathai massagerelaxing stayoutdoor shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Nice hotel but the photos on the net are misleading. You cannot sit on the breach. Dogs play and foul the breach. The beach is not clean it's full of whatever the high tide brings in. This is a bay with islands in the distance. You get 2 high tides a day but you will not find any swimmer at those times. Tourists are there for sunbathing by the small pool or for other reasons. I booked the hotel based on the photos. Maybe to be fair one should show a photo of what it looks like during low tide. If you like taking a shower under the sky this is what you will get. We had food poisoning at Siam niramit and tried to get assistance from the hotel. The manager a westerner could not be bothered to contact us but sent a local who gave me a couple of sachets which after taking a mouthful I was rushing to the toilet again. No one made any attempt to even try to see if we may need some blend food. It was 12 hours of hell. No one took our call in the night!

• Stayed: November 2013
9  Thank sue r
StarrFriendshipBeach, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Sorry you got food poisoning from an outside restaurant - that can really have impact on vacation time. Had we known of your problem, we would have taken you for treatment.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The 1st room I was given was very small and had a balcony like a jail cell it was about 7ft high all round with glass bricks I was not at all impressed after paying £200 for this room, so requested another room an they wanted extra £200!! I went to reception an complained that I weren't happy to stay Here so they up graded my room to a balcony car park view this room was amazing compared to the other I was so happy with it it had large window comfy bed wouldn't of complained if it was my 1st offer, this hotels out the way we booked for 3 day of out bag pack in trip to chill out catch a few rays their is no shopping or nightlife around alls their is a 7/11 10 min walk up the road I recommend to hire a car, the food in the hotel was amazing cooked from the American chef who comes for a friendly chat after you have eat in your meals, the staff are also very helpful would defo visit hear again with upgraded room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank gemma h
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Sir - I all depends on what you are looking for. If you want quiet and away from the frantic hustle and bustle of the island, this is the place to be. If you want to be in the 'middle of things' then there are many accommodations in those areas. Actually you can have the best of both worlds by staying here and taking a taxi elsewhere when you want to party. You will not find a waterfront resort with this type of atmosphere for less money or maintained to the highest degree possible.

Best,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was in Friendship Beach (Phuket) and its Atmanji wellness centre for a detox November 2013. They know their stuff, and they plan well. This was my second visit - the first in 2012 (ultra cleanse program) for a major overhaul and the second (eat well program) for maintenance as well as reinforcement of the lessons of healthy lifestyle. The Atmanjai team was ‘good’ on my first visit - they were ’better’ on my second. I cannot fault their professionalism, genuine care and friendliness. Atmanjai is a game changer. Gavan (Melbourne).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Gavan102
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

A review can not get much better than yours. Anything that stagnates will wilt - we are the opposite: we are constantly upgrading and improving the quality of what we offer and you obviously appreciated all that we have done.

We re-vamp our Atmanjai Wellness Center yearly as well as our accommodations. Our goal is set higher each year. What fun life can be!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I've given a 4 rating but this place is somewhere between average and very good. I booked on the basis of trip advisor reviews and also because I wanted to do a three day 'detox'. I got in touch with Atmanjai to see if this was possible and had really helpful responses so I booked in. I booked my accommodation through expedia and got a good deal with a special offer but I'd have been a bit disappointed had I paid the rack rate. The rooms are very spacious and very clean and the communal areas are comfortable and clean - except for one set of toilets, which weren't great, but I chose not to use them again and that was fine. Being on the detox I didn't eat their 'normal' menu but it looked good and the raw food I could eat was EXCELLENT!
The staff are friendly - at the resort and the spa, especially at the spa. The detox was great. The staff there are all very supportive and knowledgeable. The yoga classes with Karol were great - really easy to follow and get a lot out of. The facilities are good too - great massages.
I'd done a detox in Koh Samui a couple of years ago - and if I was to do another I'd choose Atmanjai over that one because of the sense of community, support and facilities - even if you do have to administer your own colema - but you soon get used to it.
Even though it rained three out of the four days I was here it was still relaxing and a really nice place to spend a few days, I just wish there was a volume control on the frogs (but you can't blame the resort for that!!)!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
SeasideResort, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Three days is not optimal for a d-tox program but it sound as if you got the most out of it anyway.

Sorry about the frog noise, but during the heavy rainy season it seems the males are courting the females. We all know about this.

Upward and onward, better and better; come see us again.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Friendship Beach Resort is an great place with an excellent location!
I have been to this resort many, many times over the years and I am always
impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the absolutely stunning views!

There are both excellent Thai dishes and Western fare on the menu and I would
highly recommend the BBQ Ribs and the tuna dishes are also an excellent option. I've tasted nearly every Thai dish on the menu and they never disappoint!I

The pool is located right next to the beach and is open to resort guests and customers of the restaurant...

If you are looking for a great way to spend a peaceful afternoon or the ideal location for a sunset cocktail, there is no better place in Phuket!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert H
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

If we can please a world traveler from San Francisco, I think we are doing okay.

Thanks for your kind remarks and 5 star rating. You made our day. When you return, the first one is on the 'house.'