“Great location and great people - detox nirvana!”

Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was in Friendship Beach (Phuket) and its Atmanji wellness centre for a detox November 2013. They know their stuff, and they plan well. This was my second visit - the first in 2012 (ultra cleanse program) for a major overhaul and the second (eat well program) for maintenance as well as reinforcement of the lessons of healthy lifestyle. The Atmanjai team was ‘good’ on my first visit - they were ’better’ on my second. I cannot fault their professionalism, genuine care and friendliness. Atmanjai is a game changer. Gavan (Melbourne).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Gavan102
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

A review can not get much better than yours. Anything that stagnates will wilt - we are the opposite: we are constantly upgrading and improving the quality of what we offer and you obviously appreciated all that we have done.

We re-vamp our Atmanjai Wellness Center yearly as well as our accommodations. Our goal is set higher each year. What fun life can be!

There are newer reviews for Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I've given a 4 rating but this place is somewhere between average and very good. I booked on the basis of trip advisor reviews and also because I wanted to do a three day 'detox'. I got in touch with Atmanjai to see if this was possible and had really helpful responses so I booked in. I booked my accommodation through expedia and got a good deal with a special offer but I'd have been a bit disappointed had I paid the rack rate. The rooms are very spacious and very clean and the communal areas are comfortable and clean - except for one set of toilets, which weren't great, but I chose not to use them again and that was fine. Being on the detox I didn't eat their 'normal' menu but it looked good and the raw food I could eat was EXCELLENT!
The staff are friendly - at the resort and the spa, especially at the spa. The detox was great. The staff there are all very supportive and knowledgeable. The yoga classes with Karol were great - really easy to follow and get a lot out of. The facilities are good too - great massages.
I'd done a detox in Koh Samui a couple of years ago - and if I was to do another I'd choose Atmanjai over that one because of the sense of community, support and facilities - even if you do have to administer your own colema - but you soon get used to it.
Even though it rained three out of the four days I was here it was still relaxing and a really nice place to spend a few days, I just wish there was a volume control on the frogs (but you can't blame the resort for that!!)!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
SeasideResort, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Three days is not optimal for a d-tox program but it sound as if you got the most out of it anyway.

Sorry about the frog noise, but during the heavy rainy season it seems the males are courting the females. We all know about this.

Upward and onward, better and better; come see us again.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Friendship Beach Resort is an great place with an excellent location!
I have been to this resort many, many times over the years and I am always
impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the absolutely stunning views!

There are both excellent Thai dishes and Western fare on the menu and I would
highly recommend the BBQ Ribs and the tuna dishes are also an excellent option. I've tasted nearly every Thai dish on the menu and they never disappoint!I

The pool is located right next to the beach and is open to resort guests and customers of the restaurant...

If you are looking for a great way to spend a peaceful afternoon or the ideal location for a sunset cocktail, there is no better place in Phuket!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert H
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

If we can please a world traveler from San Francisco, I think we are doing okay.

Thanks for your kind remarks and 5 star rating. You made our day. When you return, the first one is on the 'house.'

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Dirty toilets and dirty tiles in the bathrooms immediately struck by what we were immediately pointed at the reception. True, they immediately responded and removed . But the dirty tile and stayed. Scored in the corners of the debris and dried on the floors of drinks spilled by someone before we arrived , and remained on the floor and after our departure. During all the time of our stay in the hotel floors in the bedrooms never not wash . Sometimes, in the lobby of the room casually rubs the floor. Changed only towels . Sheets and navolki not change any time within 12 days of our stay there. Purely cleaned just outside the pool and restaurant , where the majority could be the owner of the hotel. The beach is dirty (bags , cardboard , cans and other debris ) . The hotel has a strict agreement with the taxi, which in that area is very hard to find and so you should contact the reception, with a request to call a taxi , because taxi drivers out there do not understand the language of English only , and thus they are speculating with their situation and opportunities overcharging 2 times. For them is favorable as the fact that the hotel is far away from civilization - shops, restaurants , entertainment, and just a fun place to stay. Thus , the prices for taxis and food are very high. False taxi drivers , brash and rude reception, especially the woman at the reception . In the sea can not swim because of the low tide beach is 500-700 meters. The pool in the afternoon stinks of urine , because both children and adults splashing in the pool is very small . Closely , it is not convenient , the squeals of children in the pool. Not impressed. After the hotel feel a sense of heaviness and fatigue. Good , good hotel owner . It is a pity that the staff , smiling at him , behind him so much destroys the reputation of the hotel .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank annaenixon
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The good:
-Nice landscaping
-Large clean rooms
- Nice bed
- Pool was large and well maintained
- Helpful staff
- Plenty of parking

The Bad:
- To swim you have to walk through about 50 meters of mud. If you want swim, bring a vehicle so you can drive to another beach.
- Not much near the hotel if you want to try another place to eat or go for a walk in the evening
- Strange menu dominated by western cuisine (Tex-Mex, Italian etc). I ate Thai food and found it very bland. Breakfast was not included in the price of our room which seemed to be a bit strange for hotels in this price range on the island.

I did not take part in the seminars/detox/yoga which seemed to be a major draw.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
18  Thank KDM39
SeasideResort, Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

We have no control over the beach. It is swim-able albeit only neck high at high tide. The tide recedes along the sandy beach about 200 meters at low tide. Great for beach exploring.

We have room rates for breakfast included or a more modest rate with breakfast not included. Up to the customer when booking.

Thanks,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

What a wonderful stay. My husband and I stayed here for three nights and was extremely impressed. The rooms are spacious, clean and airy. Maid service every day with water replenished in the fridge. The hotels facilities were also extremely good. The pool was spotless and popular with the hotel guests. The restaurant food was also extremely good especially the eggs Benedict of a morning! We ate here for dinner too sampling the specials which also hit the spot. The owners invest in their staff and it shows. Providing them with English lessons which we witnessed one day by the pool side and accommodation. You definitely sense the staff enjoy working here. I will be recommending this to our friends who are planning to visit Thailand next year. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Try and choose a room with a beach view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
SeasideResort, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is so gratifying when we have overly pleased guests and it is our aim to have just that. We hope we can please you as well on your next visit - we will certainly try. And, of course, we will take care of your friends in a manner you were tended to.

Blessings to you,

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Maybe it was the season, maybe it is what it is, but in most pictures, this hotel is shown by a beautiful beach. Except the the tide there is so low that is not appealing for swimmig/bath.
The hotel itself was good, extremly friendly staff, food was ok, wifi was slow and I missed some coffee in the room, which was odd, as they really put lots of attention in details like this. The pool is very good, and so is the atmosphere of the place.
The place is a bit isolated and noise free.
It needs very little to become a perfect place.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Francis M

Yes, we are away from all the hustle and bustle. Actually swimming on the beachfront occurs at the 2 high tides twice a day as the tide goes way out at low tide. Sorry you gave us only 3 stars because of the tides but they are what they are. Now, had you been a kite surfer, you would have applauded loudly.

Best,
STARR

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
Chanalai Garden Resort
Chanalai Garden Resort
#12 of 56 in Kata Beach
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
Phu NaNa Boutique Hotel
The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort

Been to Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!