We stayed here for about 6 days last February. I was quite sick with the flu when we checked in, so we had to spend a lot of time on site. I would normally despise the kind of people who spend their whole vacation in a resort and maybe at a few touristic hot spots, but when I had to just stay in, I was glad I chose this place: the food is mostly delicious and they take pride in that (probably the only vacation I put on weight, rather than lose), the pool area is wonderful all day - quiet, comfortable and with a nice ocean-tide view. The staff seems well-respected and treated, so they have this nice vibe. One tiny con was the room itself (minus the nice little Bali-style bathroom); while it was one of the lower grade rooms and this was to be expected, it was a little dark and gloomy. Although unless you need a rest like I did because of the flu, I don't think you would spend much time in the room. Also the location might be problematic for some sightseeing and adventure activites. You will probably pay extra for otherwise complimentary pickups. Overall, this place offers so much value in a tourist scam-oriented place that it'll be worth the effort. You will feel left alone and at the same time welcomed, which is ideal for me. One last thing, make sure you ask when the new coconuts come in and have one right away! Had so many coconuts in Phuket and the fresh one was an experience of its own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre is your very own private hideaway located on the south east coast of Phuket Island. Situated right on the beach, our comfortable 30 rooms and suites offer exceptional value in a stunning location and are just a stones throw from the resort's pool and secluded beach.The hotel offers breathtaking panoramic views of Chalong Bay and is the perfect location in which to explore the Andaman's famous archipelago of islands.Located on beautiful Chalong Bay.Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre has a spa and private beach and offers free Wi-Fi throughout. The 30 air-conditioned rooms feature a minibar, satellite TV and private hot shower and are just a short walk from the beach and boast a high ceiling, tile floor and Bali-style decor. All rooms at Friendship Beach Resort & Spa come with a fridge and a personal safe.Central Shopping Mall, Tesco Lotus Mall and the Home Pro Village Mall are a 10-minute drive from the hotel. It is a 25-minute drive from Patong Beach and a 45-minute drive from Phuket Airport. On-site parking is free. Atmanjai Wellness Centre offers spa treatments and detox programs, as well as oceanside yoga classes. Guests can lounge by the outdoor pool, enjoy the garden or unwind with a massage.The hotel's restaurant offers al fresco dining, serving up Thai and Western favourites. It is open daily from 07:00-22:00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friendship Beach Waterfront Hotel Rawai
- Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre Phuket/Rawai