Just returned from 6 nights at this beautiful paradise! From the first greeting to the final farewell, you are made to feel like family. Charlie the chef is wonderful and took care in cooking our daily catch, a large Tuna. The menu is delightful and I can't recommend strongly enough to try the Goong Sarong, a shrimp wrapped in fine vermicelli and deep fried, served with sweet chili sauce for the dippin', oh so tasty!
We booked two tours via the reception desk, one an elephant trek and the other a fishing trip, both were great and worth the time and nominal expense.
The beach in front of the resort is calm and while very shallow ( you could walk at least a few hundred yards and still be only waist deep during low tide) it is beautiful and serene. We ventured to Chalong city to dinner one night and to see the local night life, but we much preferred the Rawai Beach area, its a smaller more quiet beach town to the south of the resort.
Our room was pleasant and I loved the Balinese style shower, and especially the visiting geckos and lizards that took showers with me several times! Speaking of animals, there is a cute chorus of frogs in the evening to listen to and some adorable cats and dogs that live at the resort. Sweet and well tempered the animals seem to love visitors, so much so that on my last night i felt compelled to bring one of the little cats into my room to snuggle and love on a bit before I left.
Definately a must see is Promthep Cape, its a look out about 15 minutes by taxi on the southern most point of the island. Go around an hour before sunset, do some shopping in the little stores in the parking lot at the cape, then make your way to the restaurant and enjoy a great view with dinner and cocktails (sundowners, they are called) The restaurant has beautiful gardens including some very nice Bonsai trees and quite a few friendly cats that come to stare at you for snacks, but not so much as a bother, just a friendly sit-at-your-feet and let you know they are happy for anything that just happens to fall off your plate.
Another treat was the Green Man Pub. As an American, I was amazed that this pub could look like it was in the middle of the Cotswalds but is still in the middle of Thailand and the jungles. Try the fish and chips,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre is your very own private hideaway located on the south east coast of Phuket Island. Situated right on the beach, our comfortable 30 rooms and suites offer exceptional value in a stunning location and are just a stones throw from the resort's pool and secluded beach.The hotel offers breathtaking panoramic views of Chalong Bay and is the perfect location in which to explore the Andaman's famous archipelago of islands.Located on beautiful Chalong Bay.Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre has a spa and private beach and offers free Wi-Fi throughout. The 30 air-conditioned rooms feature a minibar, satellite TV and private hot shower and are just a short walk from the beach and boast a high ceiling, tile floor and Bali-style decor. All rooms at Friendship Beach Resort & Spa come with a fridge and a personal safe.Central Shopping Mall, Tesco Lotus Mall and the Home Pro Village Mall are a 10-minute drive from the hotel. It is a 25-minute drive from Patong Beach and a 45-minute drive from Phuket Airport. On-site parking is free. Atmanjai Wellness Centre offers spa treatments and detox programs, as well as oceanside yoga classes. Guests can lounge by the outdoor pool, enjoy the garden or unwind with a massage.The hotel's restaurant offers al fresco dining, serving up Thai and Western favourites. It is open daily from 07:00-22:00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friendship Beach Waterfront Hotel Rawai
- Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre Phuket/Rawai