All reviewspool partyother guestsswedish ownerbusy patongpatong arearooms are nicewonderful stayspent nightshostsmotorbikephukettaxiexpats
Reviewed April 22, 2015

I went to here 2 years ago and loved it so much that I came back again with friends.

It was still excellent!

Ulf and Boy are the prefect hosts. They are there when you need them and really make sure that you have all you need.

The Saturday pool party is a great social event and useful if you are travelling solo as a chance to meet others.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trevor C
Reviewed April 21, 2015

I spent two week here with friends, we had a warm welcome from Ulf who continued to look after us throughout the stay. The accommodation it's self was brilliant, nice pool and all the rooms have full air-conditioning, breakfast anytime after 08:00 and loads of local places to eat. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank David F
Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

For 2 weeks vacation in Thailand. Trip to from Kuala lumpur to Bangkok Pattaya and Phuket. Upon arriving at Gayhomestay with a warm welcome by Ulf and Boy. It was on Saturday when the Pool Party was going on. The present guests too welcomed me. Same day I had 3 friends also on holiday traveling around came to visit me at the place and they were surprised with the welcoming of Ulf even they didn't come for the pool party. We spent about 1hr having a drink and chat. Before they left,Their comments were 'this is what we call hospitality and sense of caring'. Overall I spent great time during my stay. Swimming at anytime. Relaxing in this quiet place at night. For sure will come back again.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Mahadowa A
Reviewed April 15, 2015

A perfect place if you want to feel free and in a nice place, Ulf is the perfect host with his boyfriend, and the BBQ Poolparty at Fridays you got to try, soo good and relaxed

its located a bit from the noicy area, but it is easy to go there by the service they provide

Room Tip: all room are good some with bath inside and some with bath outside the room pool access room is the best
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank Hanssweden
Reviewed April 6, 2015

I had such a wonderful time during my stay here at the homestay. The place is tucked away in a quite neighborhood just outside of the busy streets of Patong Beach. It's just a short ride by taxi or motorbike over the hill into Patong Beach...so don't be intimidated by the location. The rooms are quite nice and the bed was very comfortable. The owners, Ulf and Boy, will take great care of you during your stay. They went above and beyond my expectations...to ensure that I had a great holiday in Phuket. There is a recurring pool party every Saturday night...and I have to say that I had such a great time at this party meeting both locals and tourists from all over the world. Even if you don't stay here, you can join the party...which is open bar...who doesn't love an open bar, right?

During my stay, Ulf and Boy organized a day trip for me to the Phi Phi Islands. They knew the exact tour I needed to take, and ensured that I got the best option at the best price. They also helped me organize a taxi to tour me around the island of Phuket for the day. It was just so wonderful!!

I was traveling alone, which can sometimes be a little intimidating....but I never once felt like I was alone while at the homestay. I felt like I was just part of the family. I really did not want to leave! I'll definitely be returning...and bringing friends with me next time!

If your on the fence with deciding on whether to stay here...don't hesitate. Trust me, you'll be well taken care of and in good hands with Ulf and Boy.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled solo