“Fun For All Ages”

3-Hour Zip Line Jungle Adventure from Phuket
Ranked #3 of 66 Outdoor Activities in Kathu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Flying Hanuman is an adventure like no other on Phuket. It shows that the island’s beauty goes far beyond the sea, sun and sand that it is famous for. The hillsides of Phuket overflow with thick forest that is great for exploration and outdoor activities. What Flying Hanuman aimed to achieve was to provide travellers with exceptional service, enjoyment, excitement and memories without impacting the natural balance within the forest environment surrounding it. There is no better way to take in the other face of the Pearl of the Andaman.
Bendigo, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun For All Ages”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have just visited here for the second time, and while it is one of the more expensive activities in Thailand, it will certainly be one of the most memorable. We had such an fantastic time last year that it was on the top of our list of "must dos" for this years trip. There are two guides with each group at all times and safety is a priority. At no time did I feel scared or worried, these guys are professionals who want you to have an exciting, amazing experience. I would recommend taking the first tour of the day as is it quieter and not as hot. Drinking water is provided along the way and depending on the tour option you choose, a delicious lunch is served. Just remember to wear shoes with reasonable grip as the walk to the first station can be slippery. Definitely a must do!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Anne M
Dhechasetri, Manager at Flying Hanuman, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Welcome back, And thank you for your leave a great reviews for Flying Hanuman on TripAdvisor.

• Arabic first
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“What a hoot!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Make no mistake this is not a cheap activity for a family given you are in Thailand, but you get what you pay for. It's not something that you do everyday, so to have experienced the thrill of swinging between trees in the jungle and seeing everyone's faces was great. You start off slow on small runs building to bigger runs up to 400 mtrs and 40 meters above jungle. On this run you get up to 60 kmph taking 45 seconds end to end. What a blast! Even for the not so brave, it is a great challenge you should enjoy. Takes just over two hours. Definitely not an activity for anyone that has injuries or can't walk up steep hills to start the activity. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2013
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“MUST VISIT!!! highlight of an amazing trip”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went as a family of three (a 15yr old and folks) to phuket. Amazing place. We were looking for some new activities and came across Flying Hanuman and gave it a try. We loved it. The ride was on time and smooth, the formalities done quickly, clean toilets, the tutorial was given brilliantly and I could try the zipline during the tutorial to have some offhand practise. some people including myself got stuck before reaching the platform on long distance ziplines, but those guys are so good that they could pull me on the platform. on the 400m zipline (the longest), the view is breathtaking.
Advice- watch your landings, dont bump into the platform, go smooth
-if you are scared, dont hesitate, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, just let go!!
- there is a fair bit of trekking involved, wear good sole shoes and (optional) have leather or similar gloves to prevent rope burn
- they give you a free t-shirt and fruits!!!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Kirt P
Dhechasetri, Manager at Flying Hanuman, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for valued review and a GREAT!!! recommendation.
Melbourne, Australia
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Thumbs up from Aussie family.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Phuket. We left it to the end of our trip as a big finish and were not disappointed. I experienced mild concern as I signed the disclaimer saying FH was not responsible if anyone died during the experience but this is pretty standard for activities in Thailand. The walk to the first platform was the hardest and included crossing a little stream (the only time I felt slightly worried as the rocks and tree roots were slippery). A guide piggy-backed my 8 year old across in an agile manner and I was relieved to make it across myself. The first climb I found exhausting but the rest of the family made it up no worries (too many banana pancakes for me from the street vendors). I was worried that there would be more challenging climbing but the rest was fairly easy. The zip lining was loads of fun and my boys aged 8 and 12 showed no fear. With some of the lines the kids crossed with a guide as they would not make it to the platform as they did not weigh enough. The guides were completely thorough with safety and I appreciated the care they took with the kids. The 45 m drop straight down was the scariest but you are slowed at the end - my 12 yr old missed the mat but landed on the platform with no problems. A few people did not make the platforms and the guides were amazing performing rescues that involved pulling people back up as the guides scrambled back to the platform upside down with their feet on the ropes. The guide took our camera and took photos of us throughout the trip, as well as for all the other members of the group. The meal afterwards was one of the best we have had in Thailand and we received our t-shirts (sizes were limited to S M L including for children). The only negative that I can mention is that there was no discount for kids or family pricing - we paid about 12000 baht or $480 AUD for the experience and at the end were faced with the embarrassment of being asked for a tip for the guide. Surely at that price Flying Hanuman can ensure guides are paid well enough without being asked for a tip? The other top tour we went on did not ask for a tip and I think for that much money you should not be expected to pay extra. Make sure you load up on mosquito cream before you go and we recommend the longest course Journey A with lunch included.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank dazman_family
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a blast!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I had never zip lined before and I'm too chicken to even ride on a roller coaster, but I sucked it up and decided to try Flying Hanuman. It's so beautiful up in the hillside jungle. The zip lines were amazing and I quickly forgot how scared I thought I would be since I was having so much fun. Our guide, Ping Pong, was so great- funny, helpful and made it an awesome experience! They even take pictures for you. I can't imagine getting a better, longer course for your money.

Visited June 2013