“High speed collision - good day all round”
Review of Flying Hanuman

Flying Hanuman Zipline Experience
Ranked #5 of 73 Outdoor Activities in Kathu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Flying Hanuman is an adventure like no other on Phuket. It shows that the island’s beauty goes far beyond the sea, sun and sand that it is famous for. The hillsides of Phuket overflow with thick forest that is great for exploration and outdoor activities. What Flying Hanuman aimed to achieve was to provide travellers with exceptional service, enjoyment, excitement and memories without impacting the natural balance within the forest environment surrounding it. There is no better way to take in the other face of the Pearl of the Andaman.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Was sent down a 100 metre cable run (top speed around 40-50 km/) and collided with a girl half my size (who was stuck halfway) at full speed. The guide didnt get the 'all clear' from the other side, he just assumed it was ok for me to go. I was fine, but the girl had trouble breathing and left for the hospital (with encouragement from the operators) with head and chest pains. Pretty unacceptable. The safety equipment is top notch but there is nothing you can do when you're about to hit someone stuck in the middle of the cable, just cross your arms on your chest and hope no bones are broken.
Besides that, the runs are fun, they get a little boring at times because each cable run starts feeling just like the last.
Good way to spend a few hours of the day though.

4  Thank Josh H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Safe, well organised, well run, and top spot. Thanks go out to Jo and Leo who took us on our little adventure. The induction into the safety do's and don'ts as well as presentation is extremely profesional and gear used ie. harness, helmets etc. top notch. There is a little hike of about 10 minutes to get to the first zip line and from thereon your up there until the 40metre abseil from the tree canopy. The 400 or 500metre zip line is awesomem note for the bigger boys 90kg+ watch your hands! If you're over a certain height or build you'll need to hold on with both hands to stop spinning around at full speed and losing control, the heat generated by the wheels on the zip line can leave a nasty burn. Go for Package B, all the zip lines and 2 abseils less lunch. Suitable for all ages provided good health(120kg weight limit), lockers available free of charge fro your bags and hats etc, and amenities are clean and well kept. The experience definitely gets the heart pumping and adrenaline going. Great fun!!

4  Thank gonz-83
Dhechasetri, Manager at Flying Hanuman, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you, for your reviews and suggestion how to play safe with FlyingHanuman.
Our activities suite for everyone but for safety regular we limit weight max 120KG.

Cheers,

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Zip lining was always something that I wanted to try out, but I always wanted it to be in a memorable area. I live in the Bay Area, and there are no amazing places to zip line. So while I was in Thailand, I remember looking online about things to do in Thailand, and I remembered zip lining was suppose to amazing here! While taking a cab back to our hotel after a shopping trip in Phuket, I saw a flier to Flying Hanuman and loved that it was in a forest, and there was many platforms!

We ended up deciding on taking Journey A, which includes all the platforms and a meal after you're done. It costs 3,490 baht per person, which is equivalent to abouttt $117USD. And I believe it was completely worth it! They also offer a pick up/drop off service to and from your hotel for a small fee, which was very helpful.

We arrived to Flying Hanuman, we checked in, and they gave everyone in our party a sticker to wear stating which journey we were taking. We waited for a couple minutes where we chatted with a few employees who work there. Afterwards we watched a safety video, and then we put our belongings into lockers, got dressed in our harnesses and helmets! The guides here are very playful and love to talk with everyone! So it made it very enjoyable and less.. awkward? You start off the journey with a hike, if you're not in shape, it might be a little tiring before you get to the first platform, but other than that, the zip lining is amazing! The guides are very helpful if you have questions. If you're hesitant at all to jump off the platform, don't worry.. the guides will be more than happy to push you off the ledge, hahah. Midway through all the platforms they do provide water bottles, so don't worry about bringing your own. The views are amazing, the platforms are fun, and the guides are extremely helpful!

At the end of the journey a meal was provided for those who purchased it with their booking, and it is delicious! It only costs a few baht more to include a meal, and I believe it's worth it.

2  Thank Christine N

Thank you Christine for funny reviews and I hope that you'll love our Ziplining at Flying Hanuman.
Nice picture that share on TripAdvisor please share it more!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very organised. When we arrived and filled out the parperwork we then had to watch a safety presentation and then it was time to be fitted up for the harness and helmet - they take your safety very seriously.
There are a few short walks to some of the platforms, but most the time you are flying through the trees. Our guides were fantastic, always making sure that your safe and enjoying yourself.
I felt a bit motion sickness from the car ride there (included in the price) so some of the walking made me feel worse, but they waited for me and helped me up constantly saying there is no rush.
We would recommend this to everyone and would do it again.

3  Thank ArmyAimz

Thank you for Visiting Flying Hanuman and leave this performance review for us, We hope that to see you again.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very adventures! Your safety is guaranteed. The best was the longest rail.. 400 meters.. simply superb! you gotta experience it to know how exactly it feels!

1  Thank Summer9189