“5 excellent days in kalima”

Kalima Resort & Spa
Ranked #59 of 378 Hotels in Kathu
Amsterdam
“5 excellent days in kalima”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

After the disaster checking in at the best western in bangtao, we found this hotel online. We went checking it first. Brand new hotel, excellent gym, wifi access and civilized audience. It is 3 minutes from patong beach and 5 to kamala beach. The hotel sits on a mountain which provides for scenic views ( esp from the main infinity pool). Breakfast is also very nice ( both quality of the food, service and view from the top floor overlooking patong beach. Book the sea view rooms or the pool villa's. We will definitely visit kalima agian.

Room Tip: Go for the sea view rooms or pool villa when you are with kids.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rick S
ok4763, General Manager at Kalima Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Rick S,

With regard to your appreciated review our property, we would thank you on this compliment to our property and services. Looking forward to welcome you back to Phuket again.

Somchai Suwannagate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
boston
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I felt that the staff was very friendly at the front desk. We at first got a room without much sea view ( which we had originally booked) but the employee changed our room with a spectacular view within 10 minutes and explained all the functions in the room so clearly that we had no problems getting settled. The pool area was really nice and relaxing. I also really liked Patong beach because the waves are less strong compared to Karon beach which I could not go into further than my ankles. This is of course personal preference. What made the whole trip most memorable at the end was that the staff at the front desk walked down the stairs, made sure we were in the taxi safe with all our luggages in the trunk and told the taxi driver which airport we were going to, just to make sure of everything. I usually don't expect "special" treatment, and thought the signature of the bill at the desk and a thank you would be the end, but the fact that she cared for the customers to the point of transportation made all the bad experiences disappear. Thank you. It was more than what I would have expected.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lisaheart
Dear lisaheart,

With regard to your appreciated review concerning to our staff and services, we would like to thank you for your compliment in our property. We looking forward to welcome you back to Phuket again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed for three nights in one of the honeymoon pool suites. The room was amazing. The view was perfect. Breakfast has everything you could want. The customer service is excellent, especially the travel guide lady in the lobby. Had such an amazing time.

Room Tip: There weren't too many people in the common pool when we stayed so I think you win either way if...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raoul C
Dear Raoul C,

With regard to your appreciated review concerning to our property and staff, we would like to thank you for a compliment us. Looking forward to welcome you back to Phuket again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

A little way off patong but worth the distance. Enjoy night view of patong, with occasional fireworks. Room is large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is decent with a great view once again. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Han L
Dear Han L,

With regard to your appreciated review on our property and services, we would like to thank you for you compliment to our property and staff. Looking forward to welcome you back to Phuket again.

Vietnam
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Second visited Kalima resort, I was very lucky got free room upgrade to Double Pool Suite. The room was glad than expectation and the view was great ever. The breakfast was fine but not many choices and same menu everyday but don't really mind about that. The swimming pool was very huge with infinity view good for my photo shot^^ Location is the best because only few mins from Patong which is good for myself to go out.

Room Tip: Double pool suite is definitely GREAT!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kristy L
Dear kristy L,

With regard to your appreciated review on our property and services, we would like to thank you for your compliment to our team. The breakfast is now notice to providing various item. Looking forward to welcome you back again, please do not hesitate to reach us at any time for future arrangement for repeating guest.

Warm regards,
Sg
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Malika. A choice that we never regretted.

The staff exemplified what a real customer service is all about. We had a great stay throughout.

Special thanks goes to Toy, who had greeted us at the reception and personally showed us to our room and all the trimmings that came with the room.

Highlights:
1) The view is superb!
2) Clean and comfy room
3) 10 mins ride away from Patong Beach
4) Free shuttle bus service but only at three different timings. (personally for me, Malika should increase the frequency of the bus trips to Patong as the taxi fares here are not cheap!)
5) Last but not least, well trained customer service staff.

Again, thank you, and will come back to this hotel when we visit Phuket again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ok4763, General Manager at Kalima Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Nrshkn,
Thank you for your kindly reviewed our resort, we are delighted to serve you and made your stay memorable one. We looking forward to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to reach us when you are planning visit Phuket again.

Singapore
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Ok, I have to admit the basic amenities (the shell) of the hotel is fine. The lobby, pool and rooms is not bad. Beyond the shell, the service and maturity of the hospitality culture is where the hotel falls short. The hotel has too many silly rules that really irks me. I had initially planned to stay at the hotel with my mom and son, therefore, I booked a room for 3. However, due to change last minute change of plans, I invited another family member to come along. During the check in, I informed the check in staff very nicely that only 3 people will stay in the room (as per my booking) and I will stay at another hotel. Immediately, it seemed like they turned suspicious and was concerned that I was going to somehow sneak in to stay or something.

I told them at least 5 times that I'm staying somewhere else so they don't have to worry but they just went on with the skeptical attitude - I mean what a way to start the holiday, to be viewed in an suspicious manner. Making it worst, they told me I cannot even accompany my mom and son to the room to help them unpack as it is hotel policy that un-registered guest are not allowed in the room. Fine. I understand these policies are in place to safeguard the overall security situation of all the guest but doesn't common sense suggest that its fine to allow me to accompany my 75 year old mother and 13 year old teenage boy to just unpack for a while? The ironic thing is while they have these rules in place, people roam in and out freely anyway so its a useless policy. In the end, after arguing with them, I had to surrender my passport and the duty manager reluctantly told me that she can make an exception for one time only that I can see my family upstairs - all this trouble just to help out my family.

I am a regular visitor of Phuket and have done much better in terms of hotel selection compared to this place. Something is just amiss.. it seems that they just don't get real hospitality and just has a paper concept about it. To seal in my opinion of the hotel, checking out took 20 mins or more because they had to check to room and finally told me that they discovered the laundry bag was missing! A lousy cloth laundry bag (which probably 20 baht) So... I had to open my suitcase, empty all my dirty laundry and return them the bag, because no way I was going to pay a single baht out of principle. Well, congratulations, you got back a soiled laundry but you lost a customer for good. For some reason, I really just felt relived when I checked out of the hotel. There were other things too, like the security guard.. never mind, you get the picture. Bottom line, for this price, there are just better options out there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RegionalBUM
ok4763, General Manager at Kalima Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear RegionalBUM,

Thank you and well noted your valued reviews concerning to guest's family who require escorting to their family room upon arrival and visiting. I would apologies for any inconvenience caused. In this occured, we have had discussed with recreation and safety team to find a better procedure for both guest and security's situation. Steps are being improve method to ensure that procedure will be highly repect, care and secure without any difficulty step in the future.

Somchai Suwannagate (Mr)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathu
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
#2 of 8 in Karon Beach
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong

Been to Kalima Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!