“Great experience with few negatives”

Kalima Resort & Spa
Ranked #64 of 386 Hotels in Kathu
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Kalima resort is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of Patong. The resort is situated a the side of the hill, so walking up to the hill was a bit of hindrance. This was a minor issue. We stayed 2 nights in total in a deluxe sea view room.If you want even better view, u can book grand deluxe view which entitle u a private pool. The infinity pool at level 2 was magnificent accompanied by the pool bar. A good place to relax if you have no other activities to do. Room service and housekeeping was prompt and we pay the staff tips for their hard work.The seaview is simply fabulous and looks unreal at night. Breakfast was good and sumptious but not much variety(past 2 breakfast with the same menu. The famous Indochine restaurant was just few walking distance away.

I was dissapointed that the artifical beach and the mini golf was under renovation when we were there.Resort website should have stated that clearly. Travelling to Patong area was a bit of hassle as we have to book a cab or tuk tuk and it cost us min flat rate of 300 baht.

Overall it was a gd experience baring few minor issue. Would return back to the resort next time

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark8552

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I checked into the resort on 13th June and checked out on 16th June. The resort is amazing. One of the employees " Amy " was amazing. We were tired when we came to the hotel to check in and Amy was sweet enough to upgrade us from a Deluxe Sea View room to Grand deluxe Sweet room.

The view from the room is stupendous and the hotel staff extremely polite

The only part which was not good was that I went to the reception to pay my bills on 15th June, 24 hours before I checked out and the hotel cancelled my wifi. When I enquired about it the hotel didn't have an answer. I had to go back to the reception ask them to reconnect the wifi

Room Tip: Far from the town.... Need to pay 300 Bath each way for the taxi in case you miss the hotel shuttle
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sats2405
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Yes it was raining a bit...but who cares...with that Seaview and the view of the whole Patong Bay Day and Night, we never had to leave the room. Well...we did, for food and happy hours at the main pool.

The resort setting on a cliff facing Patogn Bay, the welcome area was nice and breezy but as we go up exploring higher levels, it got better and better. The 2nd best punchline was the main infinity pool, and the best one was the view from restaurant.

Food was fabulous; the best was the square pizza with Chicken Tikka. Breakfast was great too.

Having drinks by the pool was the extreme BLISS.

Service was a true 5 Star - We didn't expect such service because the resort is not branded or anything but from the talk with the General Manager, he put his whole life worth of hotel experience into the service of this 1 year old resort that he ran from the start.

Room quality was A M A Z I N G - I booked on asiawebdirect.com and got upgraded to the Double pool honeymoon suite, and it was just amazing, full seaview from the bed, own plunge pool with Jacuzzi jets, private seaview infinity pool stretch across all double pool honeymoon suites, flat screen LED in the suite could have been bigger to match the room size - if you do care about watching TV series at night as much as we do.

Kalima will be one of very few resorts that I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: If I can recommend a room in this resort I would say 7105 - Double pool Honeymoon suite with enlarge...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lsp10260
Tor P, Manager at Kalima Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear lsp10260,

Thank you for choosing Kalima Resort & Spa, Phuket for your recent stay.
We're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve.
Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Kalima Resort & Spa the next time.

Best Regard,
Management

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Location is just too far and yet the hotel transfer is only 3x a day. The design of the hotel is also not very clever. It is built high to the main ground and you have to climb a lot of steps to go to the lobby from main road. A lot of tour bus do not even want to pick or drop you off at the main drop off point as most bus the engine is not big enough to drive steep and high slope up to the main drop off point. There is nothing much around the hotel so there is nothing you can do at night around here. Taxi out from here to patong will cost you 300 baht for just like 10 min drive.

The room is ok only, pretty basic for a five stars. The shower area gets flooded when you take a bath with strong water. You have to off the water and wait for the water to flow down the drainage system and continue your bath.

There are two main restaurants and food is great and service is really good. Price reasonable. The view from the swimming pool and the restaurant on the 6th floor is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bettzie
Reviewed June 9, 2013

New hotel, clean, contemporary and classy. Very friendly staff. Breakfast very good. Just bear in mind it's a resort so slightly away from everything but we just got a taxi to/from Patong everyday 400 baht each way.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tariq_Cool
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed in May-June 2013, four nights in total in a grand deluxe room on the first floor. The sea view from the room was fabulous, however, because the room is on the first floor, the sea view was partially obstructed by poles carrying electric cables on the main road. Room was spacious and clean but at times smelled moldy especially when the air conditioner was not running. Went a few times on the room balcony but couldn't stay out for long because of sewage smell. The infinity pool on the second floor is quite large and overlooking the sea with a swim up bar.
The hotel lobby is an open area and thus not air conditioned but instead had 3 ceiling fans. The receptionists had an additional fan next to them as the heat and humidity can be unbearable at certain times of the day. Going to Patong beach from the hotel was always a hasstle as I had to book a seat in the free hotel shuttle that ran 3 times a day at 11, 2, and 5. When I wanted to go to Patong at night (when all the action is happening), I had to use a taxi or tuk tuk which both had unreasonable prices starting at a hefty 300 baht for a one way 5 minute drive. Breakfast was good but did not change for 4 straight mornings. Overall, the staff were very friendly. The room make up service was very good even though they once forgot to replace the 2 complimentary water bottles in the bathroom. At check in, I was surprised to learn that they must charge my credit card for 6000 baht that maybe used for incidental damage in the room. They said they will refund it 2 weeks after checkout. At check in I was given a scented wet towel and a lemon drink. This was nice, as I was soaking with sweat because of the lengthy trip. Later on, they brought a complimentary small fruit dish to my room. Yes, the hotel had many stairs, but I guess they cannot avoid it because it is situated on top of hill.
I would return to this hotel a second time, but will rent a car for transportation.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room on the upper floors so as to avoid the street poles and electric cables that...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our family plan to celebrate our pre birthday and wedding anniversary here, I found this hotel abd book with agoda, Great view, panorama view from my room when we checkin we got the upgrade from Deluxe seaview to Honeymoon suite ,Room was ok clean and luxury .ABF good ,

every was ok , service,nice place,design,kid club

we should return to you hotel and recommend to other people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathu
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa
#2 of 10 in Karon Beach
U Zenmaya Phuket
U Zenmaya Phuket
#4 of 35 in Kamala

Been to Kalima Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!