“Avoid”

Ranked #418 of 852 Restaurants in Kathu
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Seated ourselves as it wasn't clear if we were meant to wait to be seated but there was no one at the entrance. Staff came up as we went to sit so will give them the benefit of the doubt on that. Probably get a few stragglers off the beach and using the restaurant as a thoroughfare to the hotel. Ordered our starters (tacos and curly fries) and mains (fried rice and I can't remember what my friend ordered). Got our mains before our starters. Interesting way to go! My fried rice was a decent size serving but totally flavourless. Our entrees then arrived and the two "starter" tacos were actually enough for a main. Pity they came out after I had eaten my flavourless fried rice because the tacos were actually very good. Couldn't attract the attention of the four wait staff so had to yell out as one walked by to ask for our bill. The guy looked like he was going to get it but 10 mins later he hadn't returned. Bad service. Pot luck with the food. Bit pricey for the quality.

1  Thank Alethea S

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had lunch here a few times during our stay at the Kata Beach Resort and while it was nice food it wasn't great food. Service can be a little slow when it's full and the front of the café is used as a thoroughfare by everyone coming off the beach and heading back to the hotel. Looking out over the beach and ocean is pretty nice too

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We usually do lunches at poolside/beach side eateries of the resorts we stay in for convenience.
The ambience of this place by Kata Beach Resort was nice. Right next to the beach. Breezy without being overly windy.

We had pizza, roast chicken and something else so forgettable, we can't even recall what it was. The pizza, made by their Italian chef was good. The base and sauce just nice. The roast chicken was terrible. Bland and very dry. Might have been on the roast for days. You can get much better from supermarket delis.

It would have been fine if the service was bearable and the price reasonable. It's neither. eat there only for the ambience. And stick pizzas and pastas.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice meal and pretty good service for lunch a bit overpriced for dinner but plenty of other spots to each which are cheaper but you expect resort prices at hotels etc

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'm reviewing "@Beach Bar and Restaurant" on the corner of Kata beach, part of the "Kata Beach Resort and Spa", operated by Kata Group.

We were leaving the beach and it was about time to have lunch, this place looked nice so we went in. We waited to be seated for about a minute and then just went in by ourselves as staff seemed to be too busy. When we moved into the the restaurant they confirmed there were two of us and led us to a table.

They were very pushy to make us order quickly. We both chose something from their Italian specials as there was an Italian chef there cooking in front of us and they had a meal and drink set for about 350baht. Ordering was quite comical as floor staff don't know what is on the menu and pretty much don't speak English. I could tell you about the waitress who kept on insisting that gnocchi were anchovies... And how I had to go speak with the chef in Italian and clear up the confusion.

I saw several customers complaining so thought we should just eat up and leave. My gnocchi was delicious as was my watermelon shake. My partners pizza was OK. We paid about 700baht for both of us, so it was cheap, but quite a hazardous environment in terms of service!