“Perfect escape from Patong”

Alfresco Phuket Hotel
Ranked #289 of 377 Hotels in Kathu
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect escape from Patong”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Al.fres.co was a great hotel! We stayed here for 3 nights and had 2 rooms. They were both very clean and tidy. The staff were ALWAYS so helpful to us and the tuk tuk to town was handy. I would stay at Al.Fres.Co again for sure! Was a lot of fun in the roof top pool and cute area on the roof. Great to relax and escape the business of Patong.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I book this hotel for 3 nights before i made a booking i email to the hotel as we are honeymoon couple and i request them to prepare cake for me and also rose bouquet for my girlfriend they are very well done to help me when i arrived the hotel at 10.30 am. i got the welcome drink and cool towel at the reception while i was check in i saw the lady complained the reception about check in as they arrival so early morning but check in time is 02.00 pm (hotel present at front desk) my first emotion quite bad with this situation but after we wait about 15 minute receptionist let the lady who was fight to check in. And after that about 5 minute I went to reception to ask about my room and found out that the check out time is 12.00 pm. and hotel are fully book for last night so i have to wait because there are no room available it make me so surprise with that lady who was complain i think they don't understand for the policy. After that receptionist let me check in about 11.00 am. when i going to the room hotel free upgrade us to suite room the room was very nice and the room was decorated with rose which make my girlfriend so surprise.
Main road of the hotel are under construction but hotel provide free TUK TUK shuttle to beach and shopping mall start at the morning till late night and Mini Mart located next door.
While we stayed there hotel staff always say hi to us and they also taking very good care for us they advise us for the tour package and also help us booked.
Swimming at the roof top was great, breakfast was over expect , clean room and nice red color decoration.
After i stayed at Al fresco Hotel they make me so impress and i'm sure that i will be back here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 6, 2013

gt free upgraded, U can't check out late... Level 1, bathroom is big & dirty... Not very friendly counter staff... I'll never go back there & stay again , no free shuttle to patong beach, counter staff claims the tuk tuk was spoiled, so if u walk abt 20mins... Seriously they need to do something abt their room bathrooms...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RetnamalaDinesh

Travelers are raving about these Kathu hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Be warned the pictures on the website are dated. Returned 26 October 2013 after 3 weeks of climbing over slabs of concrete, wading through mud and avoiding, earth moving equipment being handled with no regard to the public. The place is a accident waiting to happen, whilst Jung Ceylon, would normally be an easy short walk, you are virtually guaranteed of an adventure just walking there, usually resulting in a mud bath at best. The only option is a ride into Patong on the Hotel supplied Tuk-Tuk which broke down due to the hammering it took over the road, or at the mercy of the Tuk-Tuk mafia camped opposite, who take advantage of the situation by overcharging, and not allowing outside drivers in.

It is a good hotel, but would strongly recommend not using it for around 6 months when the road-works should be finished.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris F
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I found Alfresco since first day opening in last 3 years on 24 Dec ago but never have a chance to stay because it always full when am going to Phuket. I am glad to stay here this trip but only for 1 night my room was organized by the owner who is there to service the guess with his professional and friendly. My room is over that what I expected for 3 stars at bargain price as i found different promotion on Expedia always. Alfresco Suite is hug and nice decor, bed is so comfortable also sofa bed for small living area. I love the layout of bedroom that air condition is not close to bed, good LCD TV, Mini bar and down stair also have Family mart that very good. 24 hrs reception service they are friendly. Nearby hotel is big shopping mall call Jungcylon that not too far and hotel provide shuttle free of charge even to Patong Beach but you need to get back by yourself. Trust me for 3 stars hotel in Phuket those area which is not TOO busy like beachfront road Alfresco is the best of your choice. will be back again!!

Room Tip: swimming pool on the roof top, and book suite room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We 3 friends went to Phuket for 5 days trip on Sep 5th,2013 and stayed Alfresco Hotel. Even we selected the Hotel based on Travel site reviews...

Pros :

Rooms Design - Modern Design with excellent lighting
Service : The rooms where kept very clean
Reception : They are friendly and adjustable
Swimming pool : Roof top - Small one but you will enjoy it.
Location : Near to Nightlife activity and Shopping Mall
Transportation : They have free tuk tuk service to Patong Beach and Mall

Cons

I have nothing much to say.. When we stayed there some road construction was going on .. It will be Okay now !!!

If you want see some nightlife and stay in the center of all the activity .It is idle place. Bit far from Karon and Kata Beach...

Overall experience was Excellent. I will recommend to people who is looking for some budget accommodation and Clean place!!

Room Tip: We traveled during off season. Take a Two wheeler taxi service opposite to the Hotel entrance in cas...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Was staying at this hotel for our trip for 4D3N. Did read up a most of the review here before we went over. BUT it is not as bad as some reviview had said. Thou the road was having construction wrk but is stil walkable.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Room are more than we expect. Rm was vry spacious and it was clean. The transfer svc from airport to hotel was good. The guy was there the moment we step out of airport. For a SGD40+/night is definetly worth the price.

The staff name Ammy was really helpful since the day we check in til the day we check out. Did not regret booking this hotel. Will definetly go bck to tis hotel for my nxt visit. But of cause if u wan to b budget on hotel this is a gd choice. BUT of cause don't expect the same level from big hotels. We are satisfy with our stay in e hotel.

So for me and hubby find that those bad reviews about this hotel is not valid. Is really u get what u see......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathu
Coco Resort
#34 of 87 in Phuket Town
Patong Pearl Resortel
Patong Pearl Resortel
#234 of 321 in Patong

Been to Alfresco Phuket Hotel? Share your experiences!