“Tuktuk Phuket with awesome staff”

Alfresco Phuket Hotel
Ranked #334 of 394 Hotels in Kathu
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stayed at the hotel with a friend in a twin room. We arrived a bit early for the check in. With multiple flights from Madagascar, I think they saw how tired we were, and did everything in their power to get us into a room before check in was available. The girls at the front were amazing. With “jet-lag” screaming from our eyes, we were helped to our room. We didn’t know whether to lie down next to the towel dog and curl into a long sleep with the aircon on- or to get the girls to organise a massage for us.
We picked the massage and pedicure- will be doing a separate review on Kuchorn.
The hotel offers a little motor-bike-bus thing that drops you off to a select few hot spots. This was great and we used this a couple of times.
Yes- there was some noise from some drunken singing up at a bar. But really- it is a holiday destination and not a country retreat. I suggest having a few drinks up at the pool, or out on the town. And if you really want- bring some ear plugs. I didn’t, and yes my sleep pattern was a little worse for wear due to Madagascar Air (Air potato!). But I slept fine.
My only problem with the hotel was the shiny slippery concrete around the pool access. Totally sober- I slipped down the wet stairs. A huge chunk cam off my leg and a few cuts and scrapes and some very huge bruises! The staff were great and offered to get me some medical attention. But as this was our last night (and working in the health industry in Aus), I chose to suck-it-up and pay for a taxi and then got medical assistance via a trendy wheelchair (wheel chair company is called… Karma!) .
I recommended to the manager that they would do something about this access to the pool. As I am sure that I will not be the last person to slip down those stairs.
I highly recommend this hotel, for cleanliness, great access to all areas of Phuket, and also for all of their awesome staff.

Room Tip: I stayed off the main road down onto the rite side of the hotel about 5 floors up
1  Thank kime75

Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel is comfortable and clean and not too far from the hub of Patong. Less than a 10 minute walk to the main JungCeylon mall and about 20 minutes to the Paradise complex and to the nearest beach.

The hotel offered a free tuktuk service to the beach and to the mall from 10am to well into the evening though you have to make your own way back.

It's a modern hotel with a simple breakfast served in the lobby with cereal, toast, and a choice of eggs. There is a nice pool on the roof and a few loungers and was quiet every time we used it. The views from the pool aren't great though...!

Free wifi throughout the hotel which worked well, comlimentary water, tea and coffee in the room. The bathroom had one glass panel so you can see into the bedroom - you can pull a blind down but I'm not sre why some hotels are now doing this - I don't want to see what's going on in the bathroom!

My biggest grumble was our room which, big in size, face onto the road and, although we were on the 3rd floor, even with the balcony doors closed was quite noisy with traffic. Try to get a room on the side or back of the property.

Staff were free helpful and would consider staying here again but it was expensive for Thailand but that was probably because it was New Year and is a very peak time for Patong.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side or the back. Avoid room that end in -01...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Was worrying before our trip as there were too few reviews found from the Internet about this hotel. They claimed themselves the freshes in Phuket.

Well, the hotel and rooms are new. They are clean. We spent just a little bit more to stay in their suite rooms. Attached photos are the reference.

They greeted us with fresh fruit punch and some cold towel upon checking-in at the lobby.

Staff is friendly. On the first night of staying, we just walked out of the lobby to look for restaurants. Never thought that we didn't even ask but their staff took the initiative to walk to us and ask if we are looking for some food. Yes, luckily and thankfully he guided us so that we saved a lot of time on searching the right direction. They are so helpful!

Location wise, it is not the best as it is quite far from the beach and Jungceylon. About 15mins walking to Jungceylon and about 20mins or more to the beach (maybe we walked on the hot sun and we feel that it's far). Anyway, they do provide free tuk-tuk to the beach and Jungceylon but you have to walk on your way back to the hotel later.

Breakfast, not many choices but they do taste better than we thought.

Pool, quiet and just nice. But we did not spend time on swimming here.

Overall, this hotel is good and I will be staying here again (but of course, I would prefer those that near to the beach for my next visit).

2  Thank feliciaysy
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is a delight. Reasonably price, clean and comfortable. The staff are the sweetest people ever... So helpful and friendly, totally efficient. Every request and query was met with positive and immediate service.

Room Tip: Rooms are smaller than they appear in photos but are adequate.
2  Thank melly_d29
Reviewed November 14, 2011

A group of friends and I stayed here two weeks ago on our bachelor party weekend. The hotel isn't the cheapest but it's affordable and cosy. It's a little far off from where all the action is. About 10-15 minutes walk by foot. If you take the tuk tuk provided by the hotel (up to 5pm), it'll be 3-4 minutes.

There's an independent tuk tuk/van operator right across the road from the hotel but they charge about THB300 (pricey!) for a ride to town. There was one night the operator got a little belligerent as well when we patronized another tuk tuk driver.

The hotel breakfast was decent and lasts till 9.30. Consists of a continental breakfast and a choice of eggs the way you want it.

Rooms were clean and large enough. The view is crap though as it faces the shoplots outside.
We stayed in the suite for the last day there and for a little more money, this is definitely much more worth it.

Hotel staff were friendly and very accommodating. One silly thing about the hotel is that they use physical keys (you only get one set) and it's attached to a large hotel keychain thingie. You only get one set of keys and you'll have to leave the key at the concierge if you don't want to carry it around.

I wouldn't stay here again on account of the location but if you're looking for someplace a little further away from the noise of Bangla Road, this is a good spot.

Room Tip: Book early as the hotel doesn't have many rooms. Only five floors.
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Excellent, i would say!

1) Hotel Room true to pictures

Each time i book a hotel, the first thing i wonder would be "How does the hotel rooms really looks like in real life?".

At first, i thought, well the rooms really looks great in pictures when i was going through the bookings. Well, it sure did in real life as well! What you see is what you get! In fact, it turn out to be better than what i had expected.

2) Greeted with a smile, always

3) Staff with average English standard.

4) Breakfast, Simple but Delicious

Selection include:
Breakfast was with 1 main course, Sausages(Or Bacon) & Ham, Choice of 2 types of cereal, Toasted Bread with Fruit Jam/Butter, Pancakes with Maple Syrup, Assorted Fruits, 3 types of Fruit Juices; Plain Water; Tea or Coffee.

5) Complimentary Tuk Tuk service to Patong Beach, Jungceylon, OTOP

6) Location not the best, but still alright

7mins walk to Jungceylon!
Family Mart(24hours) just next to the hotel!

7) Mini Bar prices very reasonable

20baht for a instant cup noodles, original retail price about 15baht.
20 baht for a can of soft drink, original retail price about 13baht.
So, if you are hungry but lazy. Its still worth it! Its not overly priced like other hotels!

8) Pool is of a decent size, and CLEAN!

9) Complimentary WiFi

10) Computer at Lobby for free usage

11) DVD Player in room

12) Safety Deposit Box in Room

13) Beach towels provided at no charge

14) Room provided with Towel, Face Towel, Toothbrush & Toothpaste, Bath Foam, Shampoo, Body Lotion, Cotton Buds, Shower Cap

Lastly, and most importantly!
THEY ARE HONEST, KIND & HELPFUL.

I left my Blackberry in the room's Safety Deposit Box. By the time i realized, i'm only 10mins away from boarding my flight. I called the hotel, and they promised me that they will keep it for me. Well, they really did! They checked shipping rates for me, packed, had it shipped to me. My phone is probably reaching me today(I just returned 3 Days ago).

WEll, so what's there to hate? I would say Nothing.
Except some wear & tears, of course.
Other than that, its near perfect!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hhtebaz
Reviewed October 16, 2011

went to phuket with 3 of my friendsand stayed at alfresco for 2 days and 1 night. price is ok, its not expensive but the hotel is soo nice. the staff are friendly. the only prob is its a bit far from the beach and bangla rd, but its ok, they have a tuk-tuk that can send you there. and the pool at the roof top is nice, most of the time no one is using it so it was more like a pool party with just me and my friends. i would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank nagaraya n
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathu
0 mi away
#117 of 337 in Patong
Poppa Palace Hotel Phuket
Poppa Palace Hotel Phuket
#46 of 337 in Patong

Been to Alfresco Phuket Hotel? Share your experiences!