“New and comfy”

Alfresco Phuket Hotel
Ranked #322 of 391 Hotels in Kathu
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Was worrying before our trip as there were too few reviews found from the Internet about this hotel. They claimed themselves the freshes in Phuket.

Well, the hotel and rooms are new. They are clean. We spent just a little bit more to stay in their suite rooms. Attached photos are the reference.

They greeted us with fresh fruit punch and some cold towel upon checking-in at the lobby.

Staff is friendly. On the first night of staying, we just walked out of the lobby to look for restaurants. Never thought that we didn't even ask but their staff took the initiative to walk to us and ask if we are looking for some food. Yes, luckily and thankfully he guided us so that we saved a lot of time on searching the right direction. They are so helpful!

Location wise, it is not the best as it is quite far from the beach and Jungceylon. About 15mins walking to Jungceylon and about 20mins or more to the beach (maybe we walked on the hot sun and we feel that it's far). Anyway, they do provide free tuk-tuk to the beach and Jungceylon but you have to walk on your way back to the hotel later.

Breakfast, not many choices but they do taste better than we thought.

Pool, quiet and just nice. But we did not spend time on swimming here.

Overall, this hotel is good and I will be staying here again (but of course, I would prefer those that near to the beach for my next visit).

2  Thank feliciaysy

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is a delight. Reasonably price, clean and comfortable. The staff are the sweetest people ever... So helpful and friendly, totally efficient. Every request and query was met with positive and immediate service.

Room Tip: Rooms are smaller than they appear in photos but are adequate.
2  Thank melly_d29
Reviewed November 14, 2011

A group of friends and I stayed here two weeks ago on our bachelor party weekend. The hotel isn't the cheapest but it's affordable and cosy. It's a little far off from where all the action is. About 10-15 minutes walk by foot. If you take the tuk tuk provided by the hotel (up to 5pm), it'll be 3-4 minutes.

There's an independent tuk tuk/van operator right across the road from the hotel but they charge about THB300 (pricey!) for a ride to town. There was one night the operator got a little belligerent as well when we patronized another tuk tuk driver.

The hotel breakfast was decent and lasts till 9.30. Consists of a continental breakfast and a choice of eggs the way you want it.

Rooms were clean and large enough. The view is crap though as it faces the shoplots outside.
We stayed in the suite for the last day there and for a little more money, this is definitely much more worth it.

Hotel staff were friendly and very accommodating. One silly thing about the hotel is that they use physical keys (you only get one set) and it's attached to a large hotel keychain thingie. You only get one set of keys and you'll have to leave the key at the concierge if you don't want to carry it around.

I wouldn't stay here again on account of the location but if you're looking for someplace a little further away from the noise of Bangla Road, this is a good spot.

Room Tip: Book early as the hotel doesn't have many rooms. Only five floors.
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Excellent, i would say!

1) Hotel Room true to pictures

Each time i book a hotel, the first thing i wonder would be "How does the hotel rooms really looks like in real life?".

At first, i thought, well the rooms really looks great in pictures when i was going through the bookings. Well, it sure did in real life as well! What you see is what you get! In fact, it turn out to be better than what i had expected.

2) Greeted with a smile, always

3) Staff with average English standard.

4) Breakfast, Simple but Delicious

Selection include:
Breakfast was with 1 main course, Sausages(Or Bacon) & Ham, Choice of 2 types of cereal, Toasted Bread with Fruit Jam/Butter, Pancakes with Maple Syrup, Assorted Fruits, 3 types of Fruit Juices; Plain Water; Tea or Coffee.

5) Complimentary Tuk Tuk service to Patong Beach, Jungceylon, OTOP

6) Location not the best, but still alright

7mins walk to Jungceylon!
Family Mart(24hours) just next to the hotel!

7) Mini Bar prices very reasonable

20baht for a instant cup noodles, original retail price about 15baht.
20 baht for a can of soft drink, original retail price about 13baht.
So, if you are hungry but lazy. Its still worth it! Its not overly priced like other hotels!

8) Pool is of a decent size, and CLEAN!

9) Complimentary WiFi

10) Computer at Lobby for free usage

11) DVD Player in room

12) Safety Deposit Box in Room

13) Beach towels provided at no charge

14) Room provided with Towel, Face Towel, Toothbrush & Toothpaste, Bath Foam, Shampoo, Body Lotion, Cotton Buds, Shower Cap

Lastly, and most importantly!
THEY ARE HONEST, KIND & HELPFUL.

I left my Blackberry in the room's Safety Deposit Box. By the time i realized, i'm only 10mins away from boarding my flight. I called the hotel, and they promised me that they will keep it for me. Well, they really did! They checked shipping rates for me, packed, had it shipped to me. My phone is probably reaching me today(I just returned 3 Days ago).

WEll, so what's there to hate? I would say Nothing.
Except some wear & tears, of course.
Other than that, its near perfect!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hhtebaz
Reviewed October 16, 2011

went to phuket with 3 of my friendsand stayed at alfresco for 2 days and 1 night. price is ok, its not expensive but the hotel is soo nice. the staff are friendly. the only prob is its a bit far from the beach and bangla rd, but its ok, they have a tuk-tuk that can send you there. and the pool at the roof top is nice, most of the time no one is using it so it was more like a pool party with just me and my friends. i would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank nagaraya n
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Decided to book a room (for 3 nites) at Alfresco to be away from the busy streets. Hotel is rather new so it isn't found on the map but we arranged for airport transfer so it was alright. Car ride from the airpot took about 50mins, traffic was smooth and we went up and down slopes.

Hotel: Service was prompt and good and the hotel provided free shuttle to the nearby mega mall Jungceylon which is linked to other malls and little shops.

Room: What you see on their website is what you will get, clean and new and decent. We were promised a mountain view but they failed to mention the junkyard which our room faces but it was alright.

Food: Breakfast wasn't all that impressive but still within the acceptable range.

Wireless: We had complimentary wireless but had no reception when we went to the rooftop pool.

Pool: pool isnt big but acceptable if all you need is a dip, comes with jacuzzi at the side too.

Beach: Patong beach isnt that near but the hotel provides free shuttle (we walked back on our own).

Massage: there are quite a few massage parlours surrounding the hotel but we patronized only one which was a total waste of time and money. Cant recall the name but it's rather small and looks dodgy... (the fellow next to me [we were divided by curtains] was groaning for a while and it was very disturbing 'cause after that his cell kept ringing and his friends spoke loudly) i paid 350 bht for that one hour of whatever service and didnt feel massaged at all...

We went back to the one opposite Jungceylon (seriously cant recall the name) which occupies two stories and they sell their own products. 250 bht for an hour's foot massage and 350 bht for an hour's body massage (we could choose our own scent for the oil). a 5-min back and shoulder massage was included after the foot massage and they certainly are very professional so we tipped :)

Since it was only a 4D3N trip, we went shopping on the first 2 days, but made arrangements at the hotel next door for day tours. Since we signed up for 3 "attractions" we asked for a discount and saved quite a bit. paid a total of 3500 bht per pax for simon caberet show + elephant trekking + water rafting + phi phi islands tour (pick-up service and lunch included).

Simon Cabaret Show: Wasn't keen at first but my companion wanted to go so I succumbed and was impressed 'cause I had expected some sleazy show but it wasn't what I had in mind.

Elephant Trekking: Didnt think this laid-back activity would be that exciting 'cause the mammal trekked up and down slopes and I had to grab the rails of the chair strapped on it so that I don't slide off and die.

Water Rafting: I'm totally not a water sport person but egged myself to sign up for the fun of it. everyone was given life vest and hard hat and briefed on how to row the raft and stuff.
We took the 5km one and got drenched for all sorts of reasons but it was good fun plus the weather was favorable 'cause it drizzled on our first day.

Phi Phi: Went to 3 islands in a day. We took a 45 min ride to Gypsy Village where we boarded a speedboat and spent an hour (need i mention it was a bumpy ride) before reaching the first stop. our guide Eddie was patient, friendly and funny.

The initial first few minutes on the boat was okay until the water got choppy and the boat went faster, my heart missed a beat 'cause it was like sitting on a viking ship at the carnival (okay so im weak...) but i got used to it after a while.

Our first stop was at Maya Beach (where Hollywood movie The Beach was filmed); it kinda served as a toilet stop cos everyone rushed to the water closet right after getting off the boat.
Nothing much to see on the island but the scenery is nice.

Lunch was served buffet style at Phi Phi Island (where the killer wave Tsunami took the lives of hundreds). Scenery was good.

The boat stopped somewhere in middle of nowhere where the water was crystal clear and shallow and people were given snorkeling masks, flippers and life vests. I stayed on board and fed the fishes instead.

Our last stop was at some beach (cant recall its name) where we were given 90 mins to roam... bask in the sun on the deck chair (150 baht per pair)... dip in the water... chill at the bar... nice place to chill.

Tips:
- COAT yourself with SPF 130 sunscreen
- wear shorts and s/l tee
- wear a huge hat if you must but secure it around your neck when you're on the speedboat
- wear waterproof flip flops
- bring towel (to dry yourself and also to lay on the seat otherwise your thighs will get grilled)

in conclusion I had a fantabulous and memorable trip in Phuket! Will definitely head back after my sun-fried skin recovers ;)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank DivyaLee
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights. The hotel is located about 10 mins walked from the shopping mall (jonglycon or something like that) which is huge and offers plently to do. Its about 15mins from the beach but for both locations there is a free tuk tuk service to take you down. The hotel is also near the patong area which is full of go go bars and pubs etc.
The room was clean and had a lovely bathroom and comfy bed. On a main road but couldnt here much from it.
The staff were amazing, they were friendly, always smiling and giggling and always happy to help.
The rooftop pool is nice, no one else was really using it so very peaceful.
Breakfast was nice, juice, toast some cereal and bacon etc. The hotel can arrange bike rental, laundry was expensive so went round the corner for much cheaper, also near a family mart.
Had a really good time, Phuket is fun. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathu
0 mi away
#195 of 334 in Patong
Ao Chalong Villa & Spa
Ao Chalong Villa & Spa
#2 of 17 in Chalong

Been to Alfresco Phuket Hotel? Share your experiences!