“Beautiful transvestite show... Hard to believe they were men!!”

Phuket Simon Cabaret
and up
Evening Simon Cabaret Show in Phuket
Ranked #1 of 4 Concerts & Shows in Kathu
More attraction details
Owner description: For sheer entertainment, nothing can beat this famous Phuket Simon Cabaret. In the exclusive, luxurious and intimate theater with hi-tech sound and light equipment costumes and the unforgettably glamorous performers.
Reviewed May 14, 2009

My wife and I were a part of a cruise on Phuket and we decided to watch the show without doing much research. I liked the costumes and the beautiful 'women'. The show itself was not probably the best compared to western standards, but you are not in the west, remember?

Many of the earlier reviewers were right. I asked my wife to take some pictures after the show and noticed that the she-men were asking for money. It was kinda spooky that these folks who looked like pretty ladies had a masculine voice. One thing you gotta agree that during the show, you would not even guess that these were men...

I'd give them brownie points to be a unique one of a kind show... I don't think I've seen such a show elsewhere during my escapades...

2  Thank jokerji
There are newer reviews for Phuket Simon Cabaret

Reviewed May 13, 2009

Almost everyone who goes to Phuket, goes to Simon cabaret it seems. It is a ladyboy show, with glamerous sets and even more glamerous women who used to be men. It is almost impossible to tell that they were previously blokes, we were stunned.
The show was good and worht the money but some of the recordings that the 'girls' dance to have seen better days and the actual male dancers looked bored out of their minds. I swear one even looked at his watch during one routine.
The show has been going forever and frankly it shows, some of the costumes looked to be on thier last legs, but overall I'd recommend it as the 'girls' are a modern marvel.

Reviewed May 3, 2009

So, if you are interested in lip syncing, then you might possibly enjoy this show. Otherwise its hard to stay awake. Whilst the lady boys are amazing and some of the costumes are great, its still a complete waste of time and i would not recommend this to anyone.

If you are still crazy enough to go to this, then beware at the end of the show a taxi costs a fortune, so the bus included ticket is better, and also the ladyboys charge you if you take a photo of them.

Still thinking of going - then you are crazy.

1  Thank Mel81q
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Don't be fooled by the reviews on here, me and my friend went to see this, and it was exactly what it said in the leaflets! "Ladyboy cabaret in stunning costumes mimming" - so that's what we expected....

The website for the cabaret says 1000 baht for VIP seats - book this with a tour agent on the roadside - we paid 700 baht for VIP and transfers to and from the hotel!!

When you arrive, you are quickley ushered in and no cameras/recording equipment is allowed. The show is for an hour, and some of the songs are in english aswell as in Thai. The costumes and sets were fantastic, and the majority of them looked absolutley stunning!!!

This is not some west end show so don't expect it to be that, I would suggest going with a good sense of humour and you won't be disappointed - watch out for the Tina Turner impersonator!! Hilarious!

After the show they all line up outside for photographs - BEWARE - byall means take photos, but don't stand with them as they will ask you for money!!

We had a brilliant night, and so I would suggest that you did give this a second thought before writing it off completely.

3  Thank freebz
Reviewed January 16, 2009

Terrible , worst show my wife and I have ever seen.
No live singing just bad miming. Dancing was so bad better at my aerobics dance class. The costumes were so tatty they smelt ,aswe were sitting 6 rows from the front.
Don,t go. You can take a walk down Bangla rd in Patong and see all the Lady boys pole dancing and singing live for free, if you buy a beer. So the Simmon Cabaret is total crap.

Malc U.K.