“Simon Cabaret...I hope "Simon" isn't the choreographer!!!”

Phuket Simon Cabaret
and up
Evening Simon Cabaret Show in Phuket
Ranked #1 of 4 Concerts & Shows in Kathu
More attraction details
Owner description: For sheer entertainment, nothing can beat this famous Phuket Simon Cabaret. In the exclusive, luxurious and intimate theater with hi-tech sound and light equipment costumes and the unforgettably glamorous performers.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

OK, well, all I can honestly say is that I have seen a lot of drag shows in my time and professional ones at that...this was really the worst I have ever witnessed on a purely technical aspect...
Sure, it is colourful and the set design is awesome in grandeur but the reality is these performers look exhausted and at times bored...which one understands as they are pretty much "on" every night. But seriously, the lip-synch.... what lip-synch???? and the bored and confused expressions??
The worst part though is the money grabbing bottle neck at the exit where these demur looking ladies on stage turn into hyaenas tackling anyone and every one for money for photos... it was like feeding time at the zoo! they forcibly took 300 Baht out of my hands! tacky, tacky, tacky and a mirror image of Patong in general.
Yes we had a fun night with friends and yes some are so convincing that you marvel at how much it costs to look like that and at what personal/emotional expense all this trickery will in the future provide these performers, but in all honesty, stay in your hotel and ask your partner to put a string mop on their head and wear a bedsheet...it will be hilarious and less expensive than going to Simon cabaret.
Go once if you dare but hold on to those Baht after the show and make a hurried bee line to your nearest taxi and get the heck outta there! ha ha ha

BTW Tina Turner looked like she was drunk the night we were there...there was so much "rolling" down THAT river we felt that she may fall off stage and roll us over!!!

There are newer reviews for Phuket Simon Cabaret

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Simon Cabaret is sort of the show you definitely only need to see once. Whilst the costumes and music was pretty cool the 'ladies' seemed to not lip sync so well and their dance moves were off quite a number of times (this may just be the dancer in me saying that though). We sat front row and enjoyed the audience interaction mostly from the comedian interlude acts. We payed something like $22 for our front row tickets from one of those little street tour organizing stalls so don't be ripped off when going. Also a word of caution unless you want to be charged $5-$10 for getting a photo with them don't take them! They charge you after asking if you want a photo and get very angry when you don't but I suppose this is how they make their tips.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The show is very entertaining and catered for different nationality. Not very suitable for children. All the "woman" figure are good. The moment they start talking after the show, you might freak out.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Well the argument still continues... Are they girls or boys or a mix? Sorry I can't answer that - the group of people I went with are still arguing the point. My 15 year old son swears "the chick in white dress was a girl mum" (I just think he's embarrassed that he thought a boy was hot!)... So that I will leave to your own conclusion...

The show: well it's all badly lip synced, the dancing is what you'd expect from boys ;)
There seemed to be a few on stage that had somewhere better to be, and their effort showed.

There are a few cabaret numbers performed, then some traditional through to some pop numbers. I found if I focused on one who was wanting to be there it was ok and I didn't take it to seriously.

It's good for they money, and I think would give an insight view to what you'd see at fantasea or other shows similar. (Minus the animal dancing which I'm against anyway).

Would I recommend.... Yes, but don't go expecting a 1st class stage show

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Well worth the 600 baht for a laugh ..no story line ...lip sync real bad but the 90 min show went ffairly quick....don't take photos with the performers after the show unless you want to pay another 300 bhat for the privledge ...which they don't tell you before the photo is taken....