I booked the Absolute Patong Ville over the New Year holiday, and I was not impressed. Especially considering the relatively high rate we paid (even through LateStays it was 2800 baht a night). Several things people need to be aware of if you are thinking of staying at this hotel.
Location – it’s not close to anything. Really, you need a taxi or tuk-tuk or motorbike taxi to get anywhere. The free shuttle is okay, but it drops you off at the far south end of Patong Beach, meaning you still need to walk 10 minutes to get to the middle of anything. Although I would recommend visiting the Sunshine Bar across the street from the shuttle drop-off/pick-up location in that the staff there are very friendly. We visited the bar several times waiting for the shuttle. Also important to note that many tuk-tuk drivers and even motorbike taxis have no idea where the hotel is located. And the tuk-tuk drivers wanted more money for driving up the hill.
Rooms – we chose a poolside room instead of the hillside. While the hillside rooms did have a very narrow and steep staircase to climb (difficult to manage with luggage I imagine), at least they had some nice views from up there. The poolside rooms had a view of the pool. And that’s it. Keep in mind the door to the poolside rooms is the sliding glass patio door, and not your standard hotel door. The bathroom was okay, but smallish. But there was a large crease in the shower door, where if you weren’t careful you could get the entire bathroom drenched.
Noise – very little mention on this site about the noise level in each room. Being that we had a pool-side room, I can’t comment on the hillside room. But the street noise in the room is terrible and very noisy. I was amazed at how the sound of traffic at all times day and night would channel up the hill directly into the room, even with the door closed.
I should also add that the hotel lost power TWICE during our stay. Once upon check-in, and once upon check-out. Because of the out of way location the power was not restored very quickly. Oh, and there are definitely more mosquitos and other flying bugs up in the hills.
All in all, I wouldn’t stay at this hotel again or recommend to anyone. In fact, I even checked out early to get a better hotel. Even though I was charged a penalty fee for early departure. Jerks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 38 decent sized rooms each with balcony, en-suite shower, cable TV, safe, air-conditioning, serviced daily. Good sized swimming pool with jacuzzi, shallow kids pool, swim up bar. Tropical gardens with many species of birds, butterflies and small lizards. Breakfast from 7:30 am to 10:30 am, lunch and dinner available at the adjoining restaurant. Parking for cars and motorbikes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolute Patong Ville Hotel Kathu
- Absolute Patong Ville And Spa
- The Hill Resort Phuket, Thailand