“Beautiful place”

Oslo
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed September 12, 2009

Love love loved it!!
Great staff, rooms were great, bed was comfy. Hotel pool area was amazing, and fitness centre was great. Cant possibly be any better place out there:p

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ceelya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We booked again this time for 7 days using Agoda and got a very good deal. We emailed letting hotel know we would be arriving early and could we have a room available. All positive. Arrived at Beachside and asked if we could have a certain room we enjoy was not available we were upgraded being a return visit to a deluxe room top floor in the front we had full view of Patong and could see the ocean and made full use of our balcony. Our room was in good order. Bathroom is filled with lovely products to use. Some days the cleaning staff were a bit slow in making our rooms up I was not really fussed. I had daily trips to the dentist for treatment the staff at the hotel were just wonderful and caring. At breakfast buffet I was spoilt with soft foods and breakfast staff were the nicest I have experienced. Used room service twice is it very good and plentiful.

This hotel is located at the centre of Patong I just love the location we walked everywhere around Patong and I was able to use the taxis out the front and rear of JungCeylon you quickly get to know everyone and certainly everyone knows you. There is a very busy Thai food court in the basement of the shopping centre worth visiting. Carrefour supermarket has large range of local and international foods and drinks and the facial massages are a must. The week went too quickly and Patong was buzzing even in slow season.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Willkeeptravelling
MillenniumManagement, Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
Sawasdee-Krub

Thank you so much, for coming back to the Millennium Resort Patong. We are certainly delighted to hear that your second millennium experience surpassed your fist one. You are now truly part of the Millennium family, and you will always be welcomed with great care and enthusiasm.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again for the Christmas and New Year holidays as well

Genuine appreciations from the whole Millennium team!
Auckland
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Stayed at this hotel (lakeside) while we were in Phuket. I think its the best pool set up in a hotel I have ever seen. There are always plenty of sun loungers free, even when the hotel was quite full. It never seems crowded in the pool area like other hotels, just so peaceful and relaxing. Pool cafe staff are not in your face, but if you want a drink or some food, they are always there with great service
The Gym is well equiped, and a great view looking out over the pool, but you dont notice the gym at all when you are in the pool area, the landscaping is so well thought out.
The room itself was not like any other hotel room I have been in as the shower can be viewed from the room if desired, or the lovely wooden blinds over the glass wall can be closed if need be. It was fantastic that someone had thought outside the square with the room design. The basin is not where you would think it is as its outside the bathroom, and I loved it!!! What a breath of fresh air in hotel room layout.
The bed was firm yet I slept like a baby. I found the pillow a little large for my liking, so a quick word with a staff member produced a suitable pillow at my door a few minutes later. I found all the staff members so friendly and helpful at all times.
The breakfast had everything you could ever want, and once again, fantastic staff.
The beachside wing is slightly closer to Bangla Road, but I felt the lakeside wing was perfect for peace and quiet. Either way its only a minute or two past beachside to the lakesde wing.
There is a wonderful and cheap Japanese restaurant called "Fuji" in front of Jungceylon between the lakeside and beachside wings if you want a change from Thai food.
All in all if you want a luxurious and peaceful hotel close to all the action, then book the Millenium.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bellettboy
Warm greeting from Millennium Resort Patong

We are thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous stay with us. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and be assured that all reviews are shared with the great people that work at the Millennium Phuket with enthusiasm.

We hope to meet you again here, or at another exciting Millennium Hotel around the world very soon
Pakistan
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We stayed at Millennium Resort Patong Beach. The hotel is amazaing we got the hotel on special rate. The hotel is in right in the middle of everything...
Bangle road is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Patong open beach is 10 min walk from the Hotel. the best part of the hotel is the room and JUNGCEYLON maill that is directly accesaable from the hotel lobby. we stayed in the beach side wing Highlly recommended as it is bery close to bangala road which is the main attraction the lake side wing is 10 min walk from and 15 min walk from beach. there is a free tuktuk service between the two wings...
the biggest shopping and entertainment district is direclly accesable. Hats Off...
amazing food court in the basement of jungceylone is worth visiting. burgerking is open 24/7/365 right next to the enterance. all tours packages availble across the road. Must Visit SOUND disco the biggest and hotest new attraction of patong next to hotel... laundry available across the street inside the photogallary TB 50 / KG.
free extrabed for my 7yrs child, balcony

Enjoy...............

amazing rates great breakfast amazing location

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank mbkhan
Many thanks for your encouraging comments; we are delighted that our service and property exceeded your expectations. We hope to welcome you again in the very near future.
Sydney
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Stayed here only for 5 nights meant to be here for 12 as it was supposed to be 5 star resort and it was far from it.
we had a cabana room and was most annoyed that children were able to play in our private spa without any staff member stopping them.The service was a disgace, here are just a few issues which after 3 days the duty manager did nothing.
1/no turn down service in the evenings
2/no fresh towels
3/on different occasions at breakfast no bacon 1 morning no orange juice another morning no white bread and i heard serval guests complain about no corn flakes.
even had to ask for tea and coffee.
4/no-one around pool area even asked you for a drink
5/sat at pool cafe and waited 15 minutes for a menu to be offered
6/had to ask for a drink at lunch
7/the noise in the pool at 7.30am was very very loud with yelling and cheering and staff did nothing.
8/ To be woken by the noise from house keeping up and down the corridors at 7.30am was crazy whether mobile phones or calling out to other staff was just so unconsiderate.
and the list goes on.
We have stayed at many 5 star resorts and this is not one of them, its not just us 5 other couples came up to us and said they would never stay here again and this property was a disgrace to the Millennium name.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maplepools
Greetings from the Millennium Resort Patong

Your comments about our resort are most constructive and with that we have had the opportunity of sharing some of the shortcomings you experienced with us during your stay with the relevant departments, with corrective measures put in place to ensure a smooth delivery of all our areas.

We regret that you did not experience our unique Millennium service standards as the large majority of our valued guests and highly esteemed returning guests do on a consistent basis.
Brisbane
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I searched a good standard of hotel in central Patong and found the Millennium to have everything I needed so booked 2 rooms for my friend and I for 3 nights. I should have read more reveiws because I now find out the hotel is not girl friendly. We are booked in to stay from 11-14 July and I have sent 2 emails to them requesting information and after 3 days still no response so I phoned them (from Australia). I am advised the cost of bringing a girl back is 1500 baht. I did say that we have booked each room for 2 people and there will only be 2 people in each room but that didn't seem to count. I finally got a concession that I can register my guest later, only problem is that it has to be the same girl each night. Now I know some of you won't approve of this lifestyle but each to their own. But the point is that no where in the website does this hotel state there is a charge to bring a girl back, even though the room is paid for 2. Other hotel sites list a charge but this doesn't. I don't like the idea of such a high standard of hotel having a hidden charge so we are either going to cancel the booking or just reduce it to 2 nights and move to another hotel. I actually made a mistake in the booking and was going to stay 4 nights but that definitely won't be happening. A pity that such a hotel with good reviews can stoop to a hidden charge. I mean why bother telling them there are 2 people booked into the room if they charge for the 2nd person if she is different each night, what does it matter to them. Anyway, no matter how good it is it has lost me and the people I travel with.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
16 Thank Cougar111
Thank you for your compliments regarding our hotel. Indeed, we are one of the only 5 star properties in Patong with unparalleled service, location and multiple advantages. Regarding your concern about bringing outside “exotic friends” to our property, it is required by the Thai governmental and local authorities to register guests that were not included in the initial check in process. Moreover, as an International 5 star hotel, we strongly insist on registering all guests entering the hotel premises for security and safety reasons: the safeguard and well-being of our registered guest against any potential harm is our utmost priority.

We hope that you understand why we set such high operational and service standards and we regret for any misunderstanding caused.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed in Millennium Resort Patong in february for 5 nites, our room was on the beach side - if you want a more charming atmosphere pick the lakeside, if you want to be close to the red light district and close to the beach, pick the beachside one.. it was great that we didnt need to walk alot to get to the patong beach under 40 degrees of sun, its close by everything !! haagen-dazs and starbucks are just in the next door...and ofcourse the shopping mall :) which you can get inside directly from the hotel ground floor is good to have for shopping...our room was in the inside part of the building so our balcony was facing to the windows of the corridor of the hotel, it was so quite...when we were doing our check-in they asked for usd 200 deposit which sounded too much to me, its better if you give it in dollars so you will get it back in dollars, no need to have thai baht just before ur leaving th country. - and i gave usd 100- the only negative thing we had is when we checked in, they gave us a room at the very end of the building, we had to use two different elevators and walk from lots of corridors to find our room in a labirent, we felt like neglected...but the lady in the reception tried to help us and she showed 3 different rooms close to the main elevator and let us pick one... altho it was a little bit stressy when u think that it was late at nite when we arrived to the hotel and we were willing to go out and have dinner...anyways, they fixed the problem as soon as possible... the room was clean but no bathtub, the shower gel and shampoo were smelling nice, they were giving 2 small bottles of water free everyday which was great..the breakfast was in the middle, the staff was kind...but they didnt let me have one small dragon fruit - it was the day we were leaving and no dragon fruit in the tesco and i was just willing to bring one for my dad to taste it... they asked for me to pay for it !! ..it was again the kind receptionist who helped me to solve my problem, i paid and got the fruit..

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family