1,911 results
All reviews lakeside wing cabana room beach side shopping centre private jacuzzi bangla road grand deluxe room five star hotel seafood buffet big c swimming pool night life pool staff bangla rd welcome drink hotel lobby walking street
Reviewed June 5, 2009

The hotel was great! We stayed at the Lake-side and the pool/spa/gym were the best during our trip to Thailand. It is connected to Jungceylon which is an indoor mall which has all the souvenirs you want to buy before leaving, plus has a Burger King, Au Bon Pain, Subway just in case you have eaten too much Thai food to handle. The activity desk was great in ensuring we get the best price for our tours and always gave us discounts (take into consideration that we went during low season). The food at the restaurants in the hotel were great too. Plus, it is a 2 min walk to Banglar and you don't even feel it when you are in the hotel!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Salandtal
Reviewed May 14, 2009

After spending three days in Mariott at Bangkok we headed to Phuket , and our Hotel was Millenium Resort .

Well its a good hotel and place for a break , There are good as well as bad points

Lets discuss good points , it is very near to Patong Beach , walking distance to all good food joints , Thai , Indian, Japanese, Vietne, Continental , or others . Rooms were good and clean . Our room was on Lakes Side and was on the Highest Floor . Very adjaacenet to the shopping Mall , so you can do some purchasing nearby . Importantly staff had been nice and some know decent English . Our Check in and out had been smooth , but they charged some security initially ,may be this is a norm for Phuket , cannot say .

But going to the bad points , break fast which was included in the package was not upto mark , if you say Millenium is a Five Star Property , it was very limited , the Egg Station you can see que waiting and you just need to hold for your number, they never increased . Even Quality of food was not as per American or British standards , if they would like to say Continental or American Breakfast .

I also think that their pool and pool service should have a quality , the Attendant there do not seem to care for the need , may be .

The worst point I faced in my bathroom was LIZARDS and not just one but two , I contacted reception , they responded , but still late . The Bath room was open in the room , I do not think a nice idea between friends and also the Toilet did not had the knob to lock ( even with the romantic getaway this is Odd)

INTERNET too costly , I do not understand why they charge so much for this , which is a necessity for the traveler .

Else everything was fine ( Not a Girl Friendly HOtel , Charges 1500 B per additional person) came to know from one Fellow passenger ,

Thanks you

Rohit

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Rohit G
MillenniumManagement, Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2009

Dear Rohit
We want to thank you for your genuine comments about our staff, location and hotel.

We are also thankful for pointing out some of our shortcomings you experienced during your stay. As you mentioned our hotel and location is our key strength as we are located strategically right in the center of Patong, adjacent to all major touristic and shopping activities. Regarding the issue of the deposit, it’s a common practice in most countries and furthermore, the deposited amount will be fully reimbursed upon check out, and therefore, there is no need for concern.
We are always improving our breakfast menu based on guest feedback with better spreads that serves an array of International cuisine and we are deeply concerned that you didn’t receive the genuine Millennium service standard at the pool side and these have now been addressed with the respective personnel. We will be installing a full Wi-Fi system within the hotel and there after our valued guests will be able to access ultra high-speed connection anywhere in the hotel in the very near future. Finally the practice of registering outside guests is a common practice in the hospitality industry, especially among 5 star hotels in order to safeguard the wellbeing of our highly esteemed guest.

We are constantly aiming at improving our hotel and services and we can achieve this prime objective by actively listening to our valued guests’ comments and observations.
Many thanks, and looking forward in welcoming you again in the very near future.

Reviewed May 14, 2009

Stayed there for 3 nights and every night I had to change the room.
First night: Too near the red light district + some crazy pub just outside the room window = no sleep till 3 am!
Second night: smoking guest in the opposite room on a non-smoking floor!
Third night: Finally a quiet and smoke free room.
Tip: Stay in the Lake Side instead, bigger pool and much quieter.
Breakfast was awlful though.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ri_Sun8

Sawasdee-Krub!
Thank you for your comments and concerns, we greatly appreciate your time to point out some of the limitations you experienced during your stay. Your comments about the noisy rooms have since been addressed with the Shopping Mall’s Management Team.

The main difference between our beachside and lakeside wing is the style and mood of the rooms, both wings present the same value in terms of service, room quality, and overall effectiveness. If you enjoy luxury and tranquility we recommend you to stay in one of our lavish cabana rooms with its exclusive private terrace and Jacuzzi with direct pool access.

Once again thank you for comments and we genuinely wish to serve you again in the near future

Reviewed May 9, 2009

We have just had 8 nights in the Lakeside Wing of the Millennium Hotel in a Cabana Room. The hotel was everything we expected. The staff were fantastic and very friendly, courteous and attentive. The Cabana room was quite large with easy access to the private jacuzzi and main pool. We are not beach goers and the fact that this hotel is not on the beach front did not bother us at all. The convenience of being close to the Jung Ceylon mall with its variety of shops and restaurants is a huge bonus. The proximity to the Jung Ceylon mall does affect the resort nature of this hotel. There are lots of local markets nearby offering typical Phuket merchandise.

The hotel food was of a very high standard including in-room dining which we had on a number of nights. The breakfasts were extensive and catered for all tastes.
The Cabana room has a large shower alcove and an even larger bathtub. The room was elegant and the bed was enormous with a large number of pillows.

We will certainly consider staying at the hotel when we return to Phuket.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jumbo1953
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I was introduce by a local tour agent on this hotel, she said it was new an near a shopping mall. It was true, it's stuck with a mall with their own entrance! It was so convenient for me to get groceries. On booking, I specifically asked for a bathtub unit, on arrival I didn't get it. After much explanation and waiting, I finally got what I want. My family and I were brought into a unit with no bathtub at first, but was soon changed to a room that comes with it. I saw the difference between the two. We were so glad, the later room shown was much bigger, the bath area was impressive. They have a shower area, toilet with a separate door, and the bathtub was big, big I meant my two kids and me can all be in there and still have rooms to move around, we all love the tub. The room was big, my two kids have enough moving space for playing and rolling around. We were so grateful. We were given souvenirs every time we went pass the reception area - small toy elephants, in total we got 6 of them when we left, make my kids very happy. Oh! morning breakfast was delicious, I remembered the rack of honeycomb they had was so special that my 4yr old girl was still talking about it after one year. We ordered a few times of room service, the food was great, they came with the table, great service too. The spa was good, but a little pricey, service was good. Hotel Staff was very friendly, helpful, and patient, with 2 kids around, I need a lot of it. Will go back to the hotel if I revisit Phuket.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank youngmumonholiday

Sunny Greetings from The Millennium Resort Patong!!

Thank you so much for sharing your first Millennium experience with us. We were delighted to hear that you truly had a memorable stay with us and that you genuinely enjoyed our modern urban resort concept.

We hope to see you very soon and wish you a summer full of joy!