“Great Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Karachi, Pakistan
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

As a solo traveler, i booked Millennium Resort Phuket. I am a person who always look for good room and importantly tidy, neat clean wash room and i am glad all my expectations were very well met at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket. Quick check in, room were ready, and immediately transfered.
The only thing, that i did not like about the stay, that i booked the room on higher floor and sea view but they gave me the room on 3 floor, corner room (2321) with zero view.
besides this, every thing was simply great, awesome breakfast, stay and quick check out.
would love to stay again in 4 months time.

Room Tip: please do not take room 2321, one of the most bad view room :(
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear fawwaad,

Thank you for your feedback. My team and I are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us and came away with lasting impressions. We look forward to your return visit soon.

Esther Wai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

This is not my first time at this hotel but I don't think I will ever return to it again.

I booked a month before coming and still at the check in desk when I arrived at 2 PM they told me the room is not ready and might take more than an hour, if you like another room where you still need to wait 30 min to check in is a smoking room ! I hate smoking but I was so tired to wait plus that the non smoking room available has only a king bed, and we needed a single beds for me and my friend.

the room was not as clean as it used to be, service was so slow and breakfast stuff we have to call 5 times to get them bring you some tea or coffee, the girl at the soup bar is not so happy, although the guy who is making eggs is so nice and professional.

the swimming pool has no dress code that we saw a little girl swimming with her PJ ;/

again this is not what I was expecting from a 5 stars hotel.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms maybe non smoking cuz smoking was horrible at the 5th floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Aseel-Alali
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Aseel-Alali,

We appreciate your effort to offer your feedback. We regret the service levels which you had encountered during your recent visit. Your comments have been helpful and enabled us to review our processes. We would like to assure that relevant steps will be taken for improvements ahead.

Thank you.

dxb
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed at the Royal Paradise Resort & Spa last year which I thought was excellent. However I had walked past the Millennium Resort a few times and loved the look of this place and the convenience (it adjoins the Jungceylon Shopping Centre from both buildings). It cost just over double the price of the place I went to last year (and many of the hotels in the surrounding areas) - however, for pure location and luxury, I wanted to give this a go. For me, it was still off-season in Patong so the price was still OK (around £60 per night for a king sized room).

This place looks very impressive and the check-in experience was fine. There are 2 buildings - 1 of which was much nearer to the main road than the other. I was given a room in the more remote building which turned out to be rather inconvenient, especially during raining season as I got drenched most of the time whilst trying to get to the main entrance (they do have golf-buggy type vehicles to ferry you between the buildings but I never saw any at my building when I wanted one). Rooms looked good although it was very strange to have the sink in the main bedroom / living space, completely separate to the enclosed sower cubicle /WC. I suspect this was because of the layout but I would have preferred the sink to be enclosed as well - whereas next to the sink and various toiletries is the mini-bar.

Overall, I enjoyed the location and everything about the hotel was mostly OK - the hotel was quite quiet (off peak) and the staff were friendly. The one thing I would flag was that I had a late flight on departure date and I almost always request for a late check-out at all hotels, whenever I visit. In my experience, pretty much 100% of the hotels provide 2pm late check-out although I have had some hotels provide 4pm late checkout (and in one ocassion 6pm). After an early morning 10 am massage, I actually fell asleep in the room and woke up at 12.30pm - I requested a late checkout and was flatly told that 1pm was the absolute latest they could accommodate me. For me - especially, off-season, it would have been good to have had some flexibility here.

I rushed to get showered packed and exit the room. I left my bags with the consierge who put these to 1 side - when I came back a few hours later, I was very surprised to see that my bags, were in the same place as they had been put when I left (alongside several other bags) - i.e. they did not appear to have been placed in a secured area. The main thing is that I got my bags back but I had my passport, laptop and other valuables in my case and would have preferred if there was a secured storage area for bags.

OK hotel but I would definitely better value elsewhere in Patong.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear b y,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like assure that the interest and well-being of every guest is our priority.

Our commitment to delivering quality service standards remain at all times.

Beechworth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed at this resort for eight days from the 2nd of August, through Luxury Escapes. Came from our first one from the Beyond Resort in Khaolak in the middle of nowhere (which they say is their greatest selling point) to the middle of everything (which is a good thing). As everyone says, probably the greatest selling point of the Millennium is the location, just walking through JungCeylon shopping Centre is an experience - not the shopping as I thought it was quite expensive but the activities that go on there are fascinating. Very close to Bangla Road which is also an eye opener. Been there many times but the crowds are getting bigger and the bars are getting noisier, all trying to outdo one another - but still enjoyable if you put ear muffs on (just joking)

At the Millennium (first time we have stayed here) we were upgraded to a Deluxe room which I thought we had already booked with Luxury Escapes, nothing wrong with the room, very nice but a little strange in the setup (with the hand basin in the bedroom, not the bathroom) with a view of the carpark. Still this did not bother us too much either. A big plus they had at least three movie channels, a big minus there seems to be a new thing of taking the little freezer section out of the fridge in the room?? You can only keep things cold, not frozen, no hope of keeping ice etc. The bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was very good and the outlook from the breakfast room beautiful. The biggest selling point for us was the fabulous pool, one of the best we have ever been to, plenty of loungers and umbrellas and the staff were beautiful and helpful and could not do enough for you at both venues.

The only negative we had which was no fault of the hotel, one day at the pool this couple left their six (yes six from about four years to twelve or so) children unattended at the pool for hours and they ran amok, yelling, screaming at the top of their lungs, climbing trees, running and jumping on other guests private verandahs overlooking the pool, barking and howling like dogs as they raced up and down the pool, getting a ball and playing football amongst the guests and the staff who are too kind just looked on and smiled sheepishly until guests started to get annoyed then they tried to talk to the kids who took not the slightest bit of notice so they in the end had to get security who had the devils own trouble trying to get the kids to shut up - eventually succeeded. Thank goodness they were only there for one day!

Would we go back to the Millennium - Yes! We really enjoyed our stay but it must be Lakeside (why they call it Lakeside I do not know - did not see a lake anywhere).

Room Tip: This was our first visit to the Millennium, were on the 6th floor Lakeside with no problems, the 4th...
1 Thank Lynette M
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear Lynette M,

Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong!

Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay. We regret that our service levels may have fallen short and would like to assure that the areas highlighted are being addressed for improvements ahead.

Your feedback has been very helpful and has enabled us to review our processes in order to deliver quality service standards at all times.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

We just came back on 19.8.14 after 12 wonderful days. The staff at the desk were wonderful, the boys round the pool, some of the people that made my stay wonderful Audi, Apple, Air, Boy, Pap, the guys round the concierge desk. We had a Lakeside room, shopping to Jungceylon shopping center was through the door on ground floor. Very central to street shops, many many places to eat drink. The rooms were kept very clean, they were not new but very well maintained. The only set back was that the staff don't really speak english very well but I found that if I spoke a little slower they more than bent over backwards to try to understand what I wanted and it worked out well in the end.

Room Tip: Lakeside room is good as very quiet and more for family, Ocean side faces main street and can be noi...
      Location
      Cleanliness
Dear Celltec,

Thank you for your good comments. My team and I are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us and came away with lasting impressions.

Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We just came back from Phuket yesterday. One of the "attractions" that we thoroughly enjoyed is ... Millennium Resort Patong Phuket!

The hotel thoughtfully offers everything that you need: iron, iron board, umbrella, ice bucket, bathrobe, etc etc etc

We stayed for 5 days & 4 nights at the Beach Side. The hotel provides free shuttle (lovely tuk-tuk) if you need to go to Lake Side to use the gym facilities, bigger pool, spa, etc. The experience staffs at the concierge are very helpful. We particularly remember Tong, who took us a couple times.

The breakfast is quite nice. You need to try the omelette & there must be a reason why I ate 3 pastries every morning. The free flow crispy pork bacon is something that I will never get from any hotels in my country - Malaysia. Cherry at the Straits Dining is very helpful. She greets us every morning with smile. She remembers our faces :)

The hotel provides beach towel at the concierge. It's very handy when we go for Phi Phi Island tour & Patong Beach. It rained quite a bit on the 4th day. Did I mention that, there's an umbrella in your hotel room? *wink*

The floor at the common corridor gets wet when it's raining. But, the attentive staff quickly get the problem resolved.

There's double glass at the room balcony. The balcony overlooks a semi completed construction. But, we did not hear any noise at all. About the mattress, I was quite in doubt initially because I'm getting use to a super comfy full latex bed at home. But, the bed is comfortable enough that we sleep soundly, every night!

Millennium Resort Patong Phuket is a great hotel. But, what makes it stunning is the experience staffs who run it flawlessly.

We will definitely come back, with our parents.

Cleanliness
1 Thank Lui11950
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Lui11950,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Immensely impressed by the service offered by the hotel. I am usually quite a fussy stayer and will bring my own towels and stuff. However this time i was super happy with the cleanliness! Hotel is very clean. Swimming pool is clean too!

Also, the night before my stay, the credit card had some problems and I had to call up the hotel from Singapore and the call was picked up quickly by the manager, Timmy who is very patient and nice to put my reservation on hold still. And made an exception for me.

And needless to say, location is definitely good. 2mins walk to junceylone mall and 5 mins walk to bangla street.

Will recommend this hotel to family and friends :)

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple