WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sun Hill Hotel

Sun Hill Hotel
Ranked #79 of 309 Hotels in Patong
Hyderabad-Deccan, Andhra Pradesh, India
“decent hotel and helpful time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

i went to phuket along with my cousins for a two day stay in september, it was heavily raining in phuket when we landed, we booked a minibus from hotel which reached on time and took us staright to hotel , thanks to weather that our flight reache dlate and we reached hotel only at 2.30 pm .we had to check out after two days at 4.30 am to catch early morning flight. the hotel staff were very receptive and check in was fast ans staff speak good english,the rooms were clean,however the water provided to drink was not upto the mark as other conditions in hotel.we had to buy drinking water from outside as we could no drink the complimemntary drinking water.the stores are also quite close and we went to beach and came back in night . as we were very hungry we requested the hotel staff to give uds brakfast on first day although we reached beyond time, but thanks to hotal staff that they agreed and provided us the same. i would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and any member who is visiting phuket.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Unfortunately I only stayed at the Sun Hill Hotel for two days as I was just passing through Phuket on my way back from Phi Phi. I can't recommend the hotel enough, based on value, customer service and overall comfort.
I was accommodated in a ground floor, poolside room. The rooms are spacious, very clean and very quiet. The room was equipped with a large flat screen TV, mini bar plus the hotel fill two large bottles of drinking water in the room everyday, free of charge (Nice touch!), air con and plenty of spare towels.
My patio doors opened onto a small terrace, which itself opened right out onto the very private pool area. Being on the lower floor, I was initially worried about noise etc but the hotel is set back from the busy road, I had two undisturbed nights of sleep.
I only had the pleasure of meeting two staff members during my short stay there. I have to commend the lady that checked me in, efficient, extremely informative and very welcoming! I've worked in hotels for 6+ years and this was the best service I've personally experienced! On my day of departure, I woke 10 mins before check out time (partying a little too hard the night before I guess :D), I went straight to the front desk to apologise and to let them know I would be about 20 mins late and didn't mind paying for a late departure, the owner insisted that I should take as long as I like, there was no rush and no charge! Great customer service!
I would recommend this hotel to solo travellers and couples alike. The location is perfect, quiet at night but not too far if you want to venture in and enjoy the nightlife of Patong. I would say about 15/20 mins walk to Bangla or 3/4 mins in a taxi/scooter. I feel the nightly tariff was well underpriced, I would be happy to pay more, the hotel is that good!
Overall, a great value hotel with friendly staff, brilliant rooms and facilities... what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Ground floor room opposite reception - The patio doors open straight out onto the pool area!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Falselight
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My friends and I spent a week at Sun Hill Hotel in July and our experience has been nothing short of amazing, from the excellent service provided by the staff right down to the scrumptious food.

Service: I recon this is where Sun Hill really stands out. I want to single out the receptionist and the bar girl who were constantly insisting on going the extra mile to make us feel at home and welcomed. Also, Roman (the manager) invited me to keep my room bout 7 hours past the actual checkout time when he found out my flight got delayed and i had no where else to go.

Rooms: I got the studio room which is exactly what you see in their website picture (other than them upgrading their tv to a flat screen) and was extremely clean and cosy. The cleaners always left us a nice swan or elephant towel design after they had cleaned the room which was pretty cool as well.

Location: You would either hate or love their location, although Sun Hill is not located at the heart of all the action, Mr. Mogei, a taxi driver is only bout 10m down the road (he's literally there everyday till bout 7pm) and he charges only 200 baht to the shops and clubs which amounted to less than a dollar per person for a one way trip to Bangla Road which takes about 5 mins. Also, being away from all the chaos of Bangla Road, you get a very good nights sleep without all that infamous phuket construction and party noise.

I just want to again thank roman for his hospitality and i would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ken1993
Lemvig, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Spend 2 weeks at Sun Hill hotel in June with my girlfriend. We had a lovely stay at this well managed hotel in Patong. The rooms are great and very clean, we had direct access to the nice pool, which was located in a small tropical garden. All the staff were great and made us feel very welcome, and did everything to make our Holiday special. We had dinner several times in the hotel restaurant and the food was very good and tastefull, and at the same time inexpensive. We can highly recommend Sun Hill - Very good value for money!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael-Larsen-dk
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I can only recommend this hotel. Must say that we were pretty amazed about the quality of the Hotel as well as the service and mindset of the staff. Can only be recommended. That is without looking at the prices which i almost find ridiculously low compared to the quality of it all.

Also the food there is a hidden gem. Can seriously say the "special" snapper in banana leaf is the best fish I have ever had. Had to keep ordering the same dish :-)

All in all - only to be recommended. Do not expect 5 stars - but you almost get that feeling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank docflintenstein
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a great hotel to stay at. Extremely friendly and helpful staff infact they make it feel like home, large clean and bright rooms with a very good dinning area .I have stayed there a few times and have never be disappointed. Alround there is only one word that comes to mind when I think of this hotel BRILLIANT......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank lermanbarry
Kota Kinabalu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very strategist location,easy to go everywhere,the food,cleanliness,hospitality Sun hill has everything.And the money value to stay here is worth it.Sun hill feel like in 5 star hotel.The taxi that send me to airport very polite and safe,the staff very friendly.The Thai food that they serves delicious

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple