“Good, Mid Range Hotel in a Fantastic Location”

Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong
Ranked #20 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed December 3, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed here for 2 nights as part of our Phuket Honeymoon. We wanted to do a couple nights within the hustle and bustle of Patong for shopping but in general the busy areas aren't really are thing. Having said that this hotel was really good. Excellent location just down the road from the OTop markets and a little further walk down the road (same road) is the Jungceylon Shopping Centre. Lots of restaurants around to walk to as well. It took a little while to check in as it seemed everyone had arrived at the same time. Our room was a pool view room on the 3rd floor. Nice view over the pool from our balcony. The room itself had a bit of a musty smell to it the whole time we were there. We did get used to it but no idea where it came from. The room was average size - enough room for the 2 of us. Seperate bath and shower which I like. The shower appeared to be a little mouldy but nothing that would really bother me. The bed was huge but was like laying on a plank of wood. If you don't like a very firm bed then I wouldn't recommend it here. The only real problem we had was the hotel seemed to be really noisy at night. Not because of the location but just people walking up and down the halls, yelling, shutting doors. The corridors were really echoey so both nights we laid awake until after midnight. Maybe it was just our location in the hotel or we had a particuarly rowdy group on our floor who knows. I have had other friends stay here and haven't had a problem. The other thing was that the whole time we were there we were lucky to have 1 out of the 3 elevators working and we actually got stuck in one at one point. We never had to wait too long having said that but I think they did have some problems with them at that time. In general though, its a great mid range hotel in a very good location. I would recommend it for your Patong holiday.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlwaysAway08

Reviewed November 25, 2009

this is a great place to stay , the service here is outstanding , the rooms are spotless clean , great air conditioning , an excellent pool and pool bar , the restaurant was great

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed November 24, 2009

This is the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel - last time, it was just after it opened.
There have been a number of customer focussed improvedments since then.
The bed is still VERY hard (I didn't need 7 doonas over the mattress to soften it this time - 5 would have done)
Water temperature is erratic - you have to choose a mid-range temperature that you can tolerate a 10 degree variation in both directions over a minute cycle.
The cleaning staff went out of their way to make cute animals each day out of the towels and decorate the bed with them. (swan/ bear/ elephant)
The hotel is well positioned - just up from OTOP market, convenience store next door, one block from the beach , near the soon to open Hard Rock cafe.
The hotel is actually quite quiet - except for some of the guests.
Because the hotel has bare concrete surfaces, sound reflects. Doors slamming late at night or early in the morning reverberate along th hall way, as do footsteps and loud voices of less than considerate guests.
Breakfast was average - coffee was yuck! Maybe it should be made in smaller batches.
Beautiful pool - but in the rain, it would have been nice if the spa was heated just a little.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christeen A
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Located cozily at the southern end of Patong beach, the Mercure is not far from the hustle and bustle of the vibrant town life of Patong Beach. The hotel offers a cozy ambient that's refreshing and relaxing yet, a little short leisurely paced walking of a few hundred is the only exercise you need to get to the modern shopping mall.

The beach is a stone's throw but with the pool right in the heart of the hotel, your demand for a swim and some sun is satisfied. No point going to the beach area as the mud and sill from the 2006 Tsunami is still lingering, making the water murky and not so welcoming.

The room is great. I spent a whole day locking myself up and watching TV in my bed where there's lots of programme to choose from (not for kids though) and planning to bring my wife down for our next holiday if we have the budget.

The World Café downstairs at the lobby is where I had dine for the 4 days of stay and the food is another reason why I want so much to bring my wife down ... for another honeymoon.

In all ... I wish I could be there again, soon.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Yeokeh
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed in Mercure Patong hotel through recommendation of our friends. The room is quite good. The service is ok. Every staff is friendly and have great service mind. We like everything about this hotel. Children love the large swimming pool. We stay in a pool-view room, which is beautiful. We had a dinner at hotel one night and found seafood barbecue our favorite. You can easily walk to Bangla road, which is the center of entertainment of Patong. We walk there everyday to our favorite massage shop next to Starbucks on Bangla road. If you come with children, it is a bit too far for them to walk to the beach. But you can find tuk-tuk (taxi) easily in front of the hotel.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I spent 3 nights in this hotel with my wife and just loved it! The rooms were nice, clean and modern (for that matter, the hotel looked newly-built and modern). The swimming pool was superb and my room had a very good view of it. The staff were very friendly as well. It is not right on the beach but just about 5 mins walk. However, it didn't have free internet, not even at its business centre which I believe is basic facility available in most of hotels today! Nonetheless, it was a leisure trip, so it didn't matter much and I thoroughly enjoyed my trip. With 99% probability, I would stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OSaraf
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Even though I have been to Thailand many times this was my first trip to Phuket, Patong. I was a little sceptical at first as I no longer like Chaweng as it is too busy and thought Patong may be the same. It wasnt, the Mercure was a great newish hotel situated in a area where u called walk to everything.
The rooms were spacious and very modern the bath tub was huge, and the pool view was lovely. Although I didnt have breakfast included in my tariff I did go down one morning for milk and thought the spread looked very yummy, and Im not a major fan of brekky!!!!
The cocktails by the pool were great and quite reasonably priced. Really wasnt anything bad about this place, we actually stayed at the Duangjitt a bit further down for our last few days and missed the Mercure immensly :(

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends