Stayed there between march 15th-24th 09.
Great hotel and great location to patong night life and patong markets.
The only issue i had was we arrived early to hotel and were not allowed to check in until 2pm! and even then room was still not available till 3.30pm!!!!
Staff are very friendly and most helpfull but there english is limited.
Hotel has great pool, ground floor and 6th floor if u want to get away for some peace and quiet. Room serivce is quiet good.
Wifi available but expensive! go for a drink at shakers its free!
Opted not to have breakfast included in my hotel package, but dnt worry there is a place called Shakers to left of hotel that serves good american style breakfast and its cheap!
There are also heaps of small places to accomodate ur brekfast needs.
If ur looking for a good Italian meal there is a place called La Dolce vitta just opposite shakers (In Lane Way) you cant miss it and its managed by an Italian family. Food is exceptional and traditional italian food. Service is a little slow but worth the wait!
Hotel security is good! and rooms are quite nice and fresh.
Keep an eye out for buffet dinners being offered during the week, each day has a theme.. eg Tues Kebab, Wed Seafood.. etc
Dont bother changing over ur money at hotel exchange rate is poor, you will get better rates at exchange booths located every where along street.
Hotel is quite close to patong market only 5 minutes walk and around 30 minutes to Patong!!! thats where the nightlife is and all the fun!!!
If your single and travelling with the boys.. try Tiger Bar you will have some fun!
And for the single guys who decide to bring a local back to there room for some TLC be prpared to pay a 1500BHT guest fine, we saw alot of that happening at night while having a drink at foyer, quite funny!!!
Well to sum up Mecure Patong Hotel... EXCELLENT!!!
If you can afford to stay there... GO FOR IT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location in central Patong City and only steps away from world-famous Patong beach, shopping center, night market, and Phuket 's bustling nightlife. Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong brings its distinctive style and contemporary lightness to the otherwise down-to-earth in Patong. With 249 tastefully appointed rooms and suites, Orientala Wellness Spa treatments, offbeat dining experience of an original Thai & International Cuisine at the Phuket Cafe in Patong area, astronomical-themed leisure activities and hi-tech meeting & seminar facilities, the Hotel is a highlight in itself - and a must-stay for individuals, couples, families and business travelers on vacation in Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Accor Patong Phuket
- Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong