We have just came back from Mercure on middle of July 2008. Their services are excellent and it is a wonderful hotel. Overall, we do enjoy our stay in Mercure. The staff are friendly and helpful as well. We had a 4d/3n stay at Mercure and we enjoy most of the time in the hotel. Location are great as you can find lots of shops, massage parlour, spa, shopping center and restaurant along the road.
For reservation, if possible, booked thru the Accor website. They do give a great deals and it is a reliable site for booking. Airport transfer offered by the hotel is slightly expensive than getting the airport taxi. No worries on transportation as you arrived. The airport have lots of airport transfer service available.
Check in process are fast but our room has not been ready due to high occupancy during the period. Just walk around and back in an hour time. One great thing we like is we were being informed on all available services in the hotel and the exact location of it. With this we are aware of the facility available without going to explore ourselves.
We love the rooms. It was spacious, clean, modern and equiped with all amenities. You can find slippers, umbrella, coffee facilities, tv and etc inside the room. Try to get a pool view room as it do give you a wonderful view. We really appreciate that the hotel do provide 2 big umbrellas. We have been making used of it day and nite as it was a rainy season throughout our stay. For the bed, it is comfy but the bed is a normal queen size bed rather than the king size bed as mentioned.
There's a kids room available on the ground floor. A small room but enough for a small kids to entertain themselve there. There are video games, story books and other games available.
The Venus Spa is not bad. The staff are professional and the price is not expensive either.
The pool is wonderful. It is big enough for everyone. There's a small jacuzzi pool and pool bar as well.
Do check out for the free activity daily at the hotel. Eg, there are yoga session, scuba diving, aquatic yoga, introduction to spa and etc offered by the hotel daily.
Right next to Mercure is the famous Patong OTOP market whereby you can find lots of souvenier, t-shirts, handicraft and bars. Dont' forget to bargain if you need to buy any stuff as the price offered are pretty expensive. If can, try to buy it from the shopping center. There's 1 big shopping center called Jungceylon along Mercure. Just 10 mins walk along the shops. Advisable to walk around the area if can as the transportation are rather expensive along patong area. One good advice, the tuk tuk price and taxi price are same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location in central Patong City and only steps away from world-famous Patong beach, shopping center, night market, and Phuket 's bustling nightlife. Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong brings its distinctive style and contemporary lightness to the otherwise down-to-earth in Patong. With 249 tastefully appointed rooms and suites, Orientala Wellness Spa treatments, offbeat dining experience of an original Thai & International Cuisine at the Phuket Cafe in Patong area, astronomical-themed leisure activities and hi-tech meeting & seminar facilities, the Hotel is a highlight in itself - and a must-stay for individuals, couples, families and business travelers on vacation in Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Accor Patong Phuket
- Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong