My wife and I stayed at the Mercure for 13 nights 5 April until 18 April.
Previously we had stayed at the Holiday Inn across the Road but prices have seemed to have risen in Patong over the last few years so we decided to give the Mercure a go after considering a couple of other similar priced hotels (BaanThai, Burasari), and I must say I'm pleased we did so.
Check in was smooth, and our room faced the pool on the 6th flr. I've rated a number of hotels in Asia on this site and usually I'm fussy but I will say right now that I'm not going to be too hard on this hotel considering how cheap it was for our stay we paid $1150Aus (Room Content) for the 13 nights (10pay/3 free) including B/Fast which worked out at $88Aus per night for two people, so five stars for value as we had stayed at Busakorn in Hliday Inn in Dec 2006 for @$280 per night. (Would have been $3640) so $2500 better of already...
Lets cut to the chase, remember this place is fairly cost effective (Cheap) compared to some (5 Star hotels);
Great selection no awards but no complaints either sometimes a bit noisy like an eatery but always "part of the journey" isn't it..
Large, water seemed OK didn't effect my eyes like other reviewers but could just be my eyes. Moon Bar pool was felt like an addition too deep and too small, and yes slow service here compared to below pool bar (Sun Bar)
Excellent, much cheaper than other hotels and very professional we both had a Japanese HANAKO facial and whilst I still look like an old drunk vagrant afterwards it still managed to improve my weathered face... At least for a little while...
Ok, but I like Gyms, not too busy but if your'e serious hit one of Patong' s Gyms for a proper work out, Just remember to put your Heineken down between sets...
Ok very veryb nice, only little gripes. No alarm clock, strange glass screen between shower and bedroom, luckily a screen can be pulled down but if your a light sleeper get used to the room lighting up as screen is translucent, when your partner needs to "visit the amenities" . Their may be some noise from the hallway or other rooms or whatever, so just drink more !.... No it's OK I didn't get woken up and I am a light sleeper.
We didn't do the bars or restaurants at the hotel as we headed into Patong Central most nights, but I can say that I timed my walk to Bangla Road/Jungceylon after reading some reviews and it took about 14 minutes taking it easy and was about 8 minutes walk to Patong Beach
Give this hotel a go If you don't want to get ripped off, Mercure felt more secure to stay at and I have already recommended this hotel to friends back home...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location in central Patong City and only steps away from world-famous Patong beach, shopping center, night market, and Phuket 's bustling nightlife. Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong brings its distinctive style and contemporary lightness to the otherwise down-to-earth in Patong. With 249 tastefully appointed rooms and suites, Orientala Wellness Spa treatments, offbeat dining experience of an original Thai & International Cuisine at the Phuket Cafe in Patong area, astronomical-themed leisure activities and hi-tech meeting & seminar facilities, the Hotel is a highlight in itself - and a must-stay for individuals, couples, families and business travelers on vacation in Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and TripOnline SA so you can book your Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Accor Patong Phuket
- Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong