“Perfect place.......”

Baipho Boutique Residence Phuket
Ranked #74 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed December 14, 2010

What a great hotel. I have stayed at many fancy hotels, but never a hotel with this personality. Here the staff know your name and always helpful with everything. The owner “Rudy” call his place a quest house but I do not agree. To call it a 5 star hotel would also be wrong. No!!!.the hotel have it’s own category………it’s a home. Lovely large rooms with a high class decoration. Especially the executive deluxe room at Saladee (sister hotel next to Baithong) was state of the art. Here you get high value for the money. The owner Rudy is a great guy and very nice to talk with. I cannot find anything bad about this hotel. I will come back in April and I’m going to stay at Saladee. One last thing!!!! forget it boys……..Toy in the reception have a boyfriend :-).

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 21, 2010

I go to Patong Beach frequently & stayed at a few resorts & this Hotel is the BEST by far! Stayed twice here & will continue from now on. From the moment you arrive, you feel so AT HOME. From the cleanliness of the hotel, to the hotel rooms, everything is just Perfect! The bed is the biggest most comfortable bed I ever slept on. TV & DVD is great, bathroom is great, air con & lots of space to move around, what more could u want?? The bar downstairs has a great Brekkie (which is served until 6pm) There's NO WHERE else in Patong that does this! Great Internet access! The swimming pool that you can use at Montana Grand is lovely, just 20m from the bar & every time I went to use it, I was the ONLY person using it...How Cool! Rudy the owner is the most friendliest & nicest man in all of Patong & Gayle & the other girls that work here are just Lovely....I have made some friends for Life!
So dont listen to the negative reports some people have written about this hotel (These people probably couldnt speak english properly & just wanted something to complain about)! I cannot find 1 thing to fault on this Hotel, its my Favourite by Far........

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank venecola079
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stayed in Executive Deluxe and the bed was 2 m x 2.3m huge easily fit 3 people ;-) clean and modern room. you get free botle of water everyday in yr fridge and breakfast at the morning (which we found a bit small) but hey if you have so much beautifulll thai food around who cares ;-P swiminng pool on the back of the apartments. great place to stay and amazing people ;-)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Stayed for 1 day while on transit from Phi Phi island. Chose this hotel after reading good reviews and expecting the great service that everyone seems to harp upon.
Once I step into the lobby, I was not greeted with a welcome but instead an angry owner in the midst of shouting and scolding his reception staff. Apparently I arrived at the wrong time, but the least the owner could do is not to tick-off his employee in front of an incoming guest and make the guest wait until he had let off all his steam. As I don't want to intrude, me and wife just sat at the lobby waiting until his tantrums was over. Later seeing us, the visibly shaken receptionist quickly composed herself and approach us. We were served with the welcome drink and she check us into our room efficiently. I was amazed at her ability.
The room was nice and the bed was big. My wife loves the decor. However we can't talk intimately as the wall is not solid enough to shield our conversation. We can even hear footstep from the corridor outside our room. Hotel Location is great and we just had to take a short walk to Jungceylon shopping centre or Patong beach @ 5 - 7 mins. As Muslim, we had no problem eating as there are many halal food joints at the vicinity.
At about 6.00 pm, I tried taking a shower but the water pressure was so low that it was reduce to a trickle. I ask the reception staff and was told that it is a usual occurence during peak hour. This is truly horrible! The water pressure is still not back at 7 pm. I ended up using the sprinkler hose from the toilet to wet myself even though the water pressure is very low. This episode really leave me with a bad taste of the hotel. After walking around the area, we realise that the best place to stay is Patong Beach Hotel as it was just next to the beach and cost a little extra more than Baipho. At least if the water pressure in the room was suddenly cut off, we can take a bath at the beach :)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights in early September before we moved on to an expensive resort. What a mistake! We both agreed when we go back to Patong, we're staying at Baipho the entire time!

We were picked up at the airport with no problem, organised with our booking. Arriving at Baipho, we were welcomed by Rudy and his very friendly and efficient staff. We were given a welcome drink and a much appreciated cold face washer - unlike the resort where we got nothing on check in! We also got free wireless internet access, which was a bonus.

We loved Baipho! We had the Executive Deluxe Room on the 3rd floor and it was great. Nicely furnished and spotlessly clean. The bed was HUGE, even though a little too hard for me. You don't get partner disturbance during the night, it was so big!

The bathroom was also spotless and had a shower, basin and toilet. It had shutters, but no glass windows, so we made sure the door to the bedroom was kept closed to keep the heat out of the bedroom. It was amazing the difference in the street noise when you went in there from the bedroom. I am an extremely light sleeper and had no problem sleeping.

Our friends had the Studio with a small kitchenette and that too was lovely. We did have the use of the Grand Montana's pool, but who needs a pool when there's so much going on around Patong. We had no time to laze around a pool, even though it was so clean and there was no-one using it when we checked it out day and night!

Breakfast was sufficient and very tasty, with a choice of different types. The bar and eating areas are nice and airy. It's situated down a side street and is in a perfect spot to explore Patong. A nice relaxing feel about the place that I'm not sure would be suitable for young children??

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donops
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We stayed there for 3 nights; 1 night at Baithong's Small Jacuzzi Room and 2 nights at Baipho's Studio Room.
The interior in Small Jacuzzi Room was more modern, but still with a hint of ethnique style. The room was much larger than that in the picture! There was 2 bathrooms; 1 for the jacuzzi and 1 for the shower room. It had many different lightings, which can be a little confusing, but means you can make it as comfortable as you want it to be. The bed was very huge! Too bad we were too tired at the first day, so we didn't take any picture of it.
At the second day, we moved to the Studio Room. We were leaving the hotel early in the morning for a Phi Phi excursion. The staff were very helpful about it, they told me to just leave our packed luggage in my first room and they would move them for us when the Studio is ready. If there's any valuables, we could just leave it in the safe deposit box and they'd move it too; the receptionist was the only one who can open it, so she'd be responsible for the stuff. And yeah, they did it good! There was one shirt left in the bathroom, and they moved it as well as the brochures we intentionally left (LOL). Seemed like they don't even expect some tips.
The interior of the Studio Room, unexpectedly, was way more cooler for us than the Small Jacuzzi one, though there was no bathtub and the bed was smaller (we didn't need it to be that huge anyway; we were not fighting LOL). The smart efficient arrangement, the artworks, the stuffs.. all amazed me and my partner who's an architect and interior designer. This hotel is undoubtedly very tasteful!
They have a pool in separated building but we didn't check it out. Who needs a pool when you are in a beach vacation? Their location was very convenient too, it was within walking distance to the beach (you can cut through the hotel beside Christin Massage), Jungceylon Mall, particularly everything including the famous Bangla Rd. But it wasn't noisy at all; that's why this hotel is a hidden gem. They lend you beach towels and umbrellas for free; they fully trust us. They serve hearty breakfast until 6 PM, allowed us to fill up after our all day Phi Phi tour. The choice was ranging from American to Thai breakfast, enough to fill you up without being too full. The bar and restaurant was small and cozy too. And they pick you up from the airport for free, while the transfer to airport costs THB 600; just similar to the cheapest taxi you can get in Patong.
This hotel is just my kind: small, hip, and affordable boutique hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank perfectelle
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Very nice people, unique style of the hotel, located next to the beach and to the center but still very quiet.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends