All reviews concrete wall air con no lift shower area quiet hotel breakfast was included spent nights patong area
Reviewed February 28, 2018

Spent 3 nights at Baipho. The place is cute and the rooms are decent. The decor of the entire place is quite boho, nicely done. The location is also quite ideal, walking distance from patong area.
However, there were a few things that could've been better. Firstly, there is no lift in the hotel. There was a petite girl at the reception who said would lift our luggage since there is no lift! Me and my husband obviously didn't feel very nice about that, and ended up lifting our heavy suitcases all the way till the 3rd floor!
Secondly, the paid breakfast has very limited options. 2-3 bread and eggs combinations, along with limited thai options. Thirdly, the bathroom gadgets & fittings can be better. Our shower hardly sprayed any water and the flow was very funny and in all directions. The geyser was also quite funny, there was no way to mix the water. The temperature of the water was dependent on the flow of the water! If you wanted more water you had to burn yourself, else you would get cold water (hardly ANY). After you visit the beach you need water to get rid of all the sand!

Overall a nice experience, except for the reasons listed above.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

Nice rooms, our view was a concrete wall and a dead flower.
Breakfast was included but we only ate there once. ”Youghurt with banana and fresh fruit = yoghurt and a banana.
Nice staff, though the did not speak fluent english.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2017

Have just had our 3rd 15 night stay at Baipho with my husband and teenage daughter. We still enjoyed our holiday and the location of Baipho and the general feeling of the place but sadly we saw decline in the way the hotel was run and the room itself. Maybe this is due to the health issues of Rudi as the week he was not around some of the staff were not as attentive as previous times. Our room itself was ok but we had issues with the aircon - water leaking from the unit (not dripping but running) I had noticed one afternoon after the room had been cleaned that a towel had been placed in the corner behind the bedside table (lamp had also been unplugged due to safety concerns I assume) to collect all the water - it was sopping wet. I thought since the cleaners had put the towel there they would arrange for a repair job ? No, I had to see the desk staff the following afternoon to request a repair job, due to the Buddhist holiday nothing could be done until the following day. Repair guy came, seemed all good then that night another lot of water starting rushing out, by this stage we only had a couple of nights left so I just piled up the towels in the corner. Usually on our previous stays the room coffee,tea bags and sugar would be topped up each day, not on this trip though we started off with 1 tea bag, 1 sugar + 1 creamer and that was what we finished with the same sachets. I ended up buying my own coffee jar, sugar sachets and milk from the 7/11 on the second day when I could see no coffee on offer. The light in the bathroom (over the shower area) hardly ever worked, would come on when the switch turned on but then would shut off after 30 seconds. Skirting boards were starting to break apart under the bedroom window and by one of the roller doors. We knew from previous stays that most thai mattresses are pretty hard, but on this trip my husbands back and neck were really playing up (he has nerve damage in his neck and arm), so after a week I asked the desk staff if it was possible for a single foam like mattress that was on the single cot bed that my daughter was using to be put onto our bed to try and soften the surface for my husband, had the reply of "will see what we can do"......never saw a mattress topper, so my husband ended up sleeping on the cot bed and my daughter shared with me. Another silly but frustrating thing I kept getting was when ordering my breakfast I would alternate between an omelet and scrambled eggs, after a week I noticed that no matter what I ordered either by saying it , pointing to the item on the menu board or saying the item number I always ended up with ommelets, it became a bit of a running joke between us all as to whether or not I would finally get plain ole scrambled eggs, the staff taking the order probably had limited if any english, but as she was nice I didn't have the heart to complain. One day we decided that my daughter would order scrambled and I'd order toast to see what happened, yep she got scrambled eggs so we ended up swapping. Relatively minor complaint but after 8+ days of ommelet I was thoroughly over them. The one major problem we had was one of the staff came down with a heavy flu, my husband watched her each morning decline in health and commented that there was no way she should be working as she looked and sounded really ill, and as she also handled the food orders this was a health concern, and by the last day there I could feel myself becoming unwell with flu like symptons, I returned home with a solid dose of heavy flu and antibiotics which I (and other guests) should never have been exposed to, especially from a staff member who handled food. I hope Baipho can rectify these areas of concern as it would be sad to see their business reputation suffer as the hotel and the majority of the staff are lovely, I don't write any of these critiques in a malicious way and only wish the best for Rudi and the staff at Baipho

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank nzrudy
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

Location is very good and it's a quiet hotel ,The bed was huge and comfortable. The room had a other extra bed for a third guest ( perfect with one child)
the room and bathroom was clean.

The breakfast is "a la carte", one part is free and the other you have to pay extra for it.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2017

Last Dec stayed here, was okay, not as good as before, so was a bit worried...
But happy to say that with the addition of a few new staff, the service is back up to 5 star service.
Rooms are clean, price is affordable, staff very friendly and helpful..... and it is walking distance from Bangla road....
What more can you ask for???
Come with the right attitude and you will have a blast!!
Party on... drink on.... and stay somewhere safe (Baipho.... ;o)

Room Tip: They have room at different budget, all rooms are A+++++
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends