“Most dissapointing”
Review of Patong Resort

Patong Resort
Ranked #55 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed alone 9 days the breakfast was very ordinary with no change, the staff were not welcoming, my toilet was not in operation half the time i was there and my bed was hard as a board. My friends who were visiting were not allowed to sit with me in the pool area and were asked to pay 500bht each i was disgusted the pool area was empty. There was no music or atmosphere in the resort i will never stay there again this is my 3rd visit to Phuket, On departure i was advised to pay for missing beach towels that i had left on their chairs and collected by staff and a soiled sheet which was carried down tom reception and showed to staff in front of any other traveller that happened to be there at the time i was disgusted
not worth a cent.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Anna D
There are newer reviews for Patong Resort

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Location cannot get better than this- steps from Bangla road, Jungeceylon, Beach.

Stayed in Garden Wing 1 , Very Spacious and Modern Room.

Liked the decor. Hotel is huge with Probably th highest number of rooms in Patong.

Breakfast was good with variety of foods to suit everyone.

Overall very good value, I will definetly Stay next time

Room Tip: Stay in the Garden Wing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AMSINGH
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed for 22 nights in a Deluxe room at this resort ...
THE GOOD:
Rooms are big , grounds are lovely , the pools are good one being better than the other , Location is excellent for everything ..the hairdresser in the resort is fantastic and very cheap also the little shop in the arcade is as well ..

THE BAD:
You have to pay for WiFI and an in room safe, the breakfast was ordinary and because the food was outside the bugs loved it .The staff are rude and lack customer service skills to deal with anything at all ...when we checked out they had added extra charges for the in room safe and a meal we did not have and then said there was a towel missing from our room ...they then discovered it was not missing ..On arrival we carried our bags in while the doormen stood and chatted on the steps, which was fine with me but they expect to be tipped
Then when we checked in the fun started ....the first room they had us in had 2 single beds and we wanted a king bed , when we asked to move manager said no rooms available with king bed and pool view, we said we booked a king bed not a pool view he said rooms with king bed down back of hotel and then asked us to prove we had asked for a king bed , when we said I will get documents he then asked for the name of the staff that promised king bed and started laughing at us by that time we were none to happy ...he then showed us a room with a king bed in it that was half furnished and said we could have that we declined and wanted to check out but he would not refund our money so we could go to another hotel ...the next morning we contacted our travel agent and she sent through confirmation of our booking and contacted the hotel to complain on our behalf ...we then got a message that reception had found another room for us with a king bed that had all of a sudden become vacant and said could we pack up our bags and they would move us while we were out and we could pick up the key when we returned ..my husband wanted to wait until the room was changed but the hotel did not know what time that would be and we had to hand in our safe key at that time as well as we had a room safe ....on our return we unpacked our bags and found a large sum of money missing from my husbands suitcase , I went downstairs and reported the money missing and the reception staff did not understand what what was the problem so they sent me to the room we were moved from to make sure that the money was not left behind which I found odd ...any way I asked them to notify the manager as I wanted the police called ...after 4 days of trying to get some answers I reported to the desk again and they just looked at me so I asked to speak to the manager and he was not available ...by the time I got to speak to the manager he made me fill out a form and I asked him to call the police he said he would look into it and call them if necessary ...we never saw or heard from him again ...the second room we had gone to had many things wrong lights not working, switches not working and mould in the bathroom and down the walls of the room Plumbing overflowed flooding the bathroom and waste coming up through the bath plug into the bath ...this was fixed 2 days later by a plumber they told us to use the downstairs toilet ....about 4 days later we noticed a smell in the room like something was burning and noticed smoke coming from one of the 2 remaining lights ..we called reception who sent a maid and she took the light bulb and said dont use as lights faulty ...that was it for us we went and demanded another room change this time we stayed with our bags and the room we went into was fine ...so the moral to this story is stay there for the location, keep far away from reception and management and do not expect any service at all apart from pool bar staff and you should be fine we will never stay there again ....

Room Tip: good room tip ...building 4 is ok but beware the rooms that have not been refurbished all king bed r...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Maureen B
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This resort has a superb infrastructure and service is also top notch.The rooms are very clean and the place is overall a very good choice to stay in Phuket with all facilities.I recommend to all people who are planning to go to Phuket,to choose this resort as it is also located in the central area of Patong !!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Naveen1992
Reviewed November 10, 2013

To many smokers able to smoke nearly everywhere. Breakfast is good, but eat out, much cheaper at nearby restaurant. Watch out for minibar scams. Close to shops and beach. TAKE YOUR OWN BEACH TOWEL. They have a beach towel scam, they swap towels on check out for a stained one, then charge you $15AUD for a towel that's worth 50 cents. Most staff are friendly but some where baptized in vinegar.

Room Tip: If you want a view look in to the 6th level.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Malcolm H
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was my 6th stay at Patong Resort and I can honestly say that the location alone makes it worthwhile. The hotel premise is well kept and beautifully landscapped and within a few minutes of Bagala Road and the Beach. The 2 pools are also decent and the upgrade to the Suprerior plus room was well worth the extra $$$ to upgrade - Great sized room, decent balcony, modern bathroom with massive shower, comfy large bed with a great selection of cable TV.

The service of staff however does leave a lot to be desired as at times getting help is like pulling teeth. The staff need some training on customer service as it does not seem to be a priority or of any imprortance however if you don't require the assistance of staff over the course of your stay, I could not recommend this resort highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FrankieS82
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Staying at this hotel for 7 nights I can say that it delivered a comfortable experience in a great location.

Centrally located in Patong, around 50m from the beach, 50m from the madness of Bangla Road and right in the centre of Patong everything was at my fingertips.

The hotel itself is on a very large complex and has 2 pool area's which are good for relaxing during the day and were never overcrowded.

Staff were adequate, some at times they seemed lazy and disinterested when seeking assistance or information but were not rude and eventually assisted.

Rooms were a bit small for "Suprerior" but were clean and tidy with a decent balcony area, however the shower in the room I was given was like a matchbox, I am 6 foot tall and around 80kg and could barely rutned around in it - if you are a bigger than average human ask for a room with a decent size shower.

Have stayed here before and will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends