“Total BARGS!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Canberra, Australia
“Total BARGS!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

First of all - Location is the number one plus for this hotel. Easy to find Bangla road for a few weird redbull/alcohol concoctions and a 1 minute stumble home with a pancake in hand without any noise travel. Very close to shops and beach and have booked my second trip at this hotel! The breakfast was amazeballs. I think I hit up every station of food they offered. The rooms are plain but clean and nice, and the beds were really comfy! TV was great, even snuck in a rom-com “When Harry met Sally” for one of my nights in. The pool is a pool, nothing spesh and I wouldn’t order from the pool guys, they seem to have limited English and my Bloody Mary came out as a scotch on the rocks and the western food menu wasn’t great. My friend are I are paying next to nothing per night, the value is unbeatable and we recommend travellers on a tight budget to book here – whilst still staying in a pretty cool hotel! Staff are beaut, rooms are spacey and an all round big TICK!

Room Tip: You can opt for a ground room that opens onto the pool area. But all rooms have a balcony
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is very good hotel located near Patong Beach and night life in Phuket.
Rooms are good but no tea coffee maker in the room in old wing and there is no lift even.
But the old wing is well located, near to Bangla Road, night life area in patong.
Breakfast is very good, so many dishes.
Swimming pool is very clear and there is jacuzzi on poolside.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank IssarS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went to the hotel just last week without much expectations but was highly satisfied by the services of staff and condition of the rooms. We reached the hotel at 10am and was informed the room was not ready hence we put our luggage in the hotel for storage and went for our shopping. We came back at 1250pm and the room was ready! Hence the bell boy came and collect our luggage and direct us to our room. The first sight of our room was excellent! Deluxe room was big and new, bed was soft and no topping required. Staffs were smiling and greet me whenever we walk pass them. Location of the hotel is also accessible to many shops and the beach which is good for families. Will be a definite choice for the next trip.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Dragonquest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in the month of June this year. And found the food and service to be pretty decent. My only thing that I found concerning as they did not replace my duvet cover once during my stay. The fridges where nicely stocked with cooldrinks and beer. Plus on one of the counters where a selection of spirits. There was a safe in the room and you have to pay 30 baht a day. When you arrive at the hotel ( well in my case) you pay a 1000 baht deposit. This makes sense to ensure payment of drinks and other expenses incurred.

Outside of the hotel are 2 pools. One of the pools is situated in front of the breakfast area. And the other was situated near the delux rooms. I think I was given a delux room was because they where renovating.

I was also burdened with the fact that I had no english TV channels. This frustrated me immensely. Besides these things I stayed there because of a package.

Other issues where that the menu for food at the restaurant was amazingly deceiving. I had to confirm the correct order, and to find out exactly what I was paying for. The sushi bar was very expensive.

Room Tip: Probably get a room that is in the deluxe area as it is very quiet and you cant hear any noises comi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank noplanning
Caloundra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This resort is perfectly located with walking access to Jung Celeyon shopping centre, the beach and of course the famous Bangla rd. I found this resort to be a fantastic transiant hotel. We stayed a couple of nights here on our arrival and also on our departure from Phuket. It has a 3 star rating and in my opinion is better than the 3 stars we have back home. Rooms are clean and have obviously been recently re-vamped, but the bed was very firm ( great if you have back issues, which both my husband and I do so was actually great for us!) Staff were friendly and helpfull and I found the breakfast very good with a wide variety to choose from. For a 3 star rating this resort is pretty darn good. I would stay here again.

2 Thank 241Trace
Perth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have stayed at the Patong Resort on many occasions, mainly for its ease of access to our fave places (being located in the centre of Patong). It is a budget hotel and as such you get what you pay for. We have stayed in budget, deluxe, executive suites in both tower and garden wings.
The hotel is basic and renovations are underway. It is great that walkways have been fixed up so no more tumbles on wet days:)
We have had rooms here previously where the drain smells have been a bit noxious at times. On this visit however, the odours were sickening. Luckily we were out most of the time, but when in the room, we always felt a bit off.
Also our room was right behind the pool bar which is now open until 11pm at night and they insist on playing crap music very very loud - over and over again. I hope never to hear Johnny Cash for the rest of my life.
Breakfast has not improved over the years so we still go out for that.
The staff are still lovely if u take the time to learn a few words of Thai (with exception of the long time grumpy bum in the cashiers area who basically bites your head of if you deign to speak to her - we have learnt over the years to ignore her and deliberately ask one of the others for assistance:)
It is an ok hotel for those on a budget, and am hoping that their renovations will stretch to their sewerage system. But from now on we will look elsewhere for our annual hols.

Room Tip: Get a room away from pool bar and make sure you "sniff" out the room first:)
1 Thank hippeeagain
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

i have stayed here before but this time i was very dissapointed. the shower is very low and i at 163cm could just stand under it. my partner who is 2.01cm had to bend down to shower. what a joke!!

also u had to pay for the inroom safe at a daily rate.... like seriously... not happy

Room Tip: rooms were ok except for showers and no inroom safe so u will carry ur things everywhere
1 Thank Lucie L