“Great location and price / quality”

and 1 more site!
Patong Boutique Hotel
Ranked #292 of 413 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at Patong Inn a few weeks ago and was very surprised of my stay.
I joined a few friends there, and didn't know what to expect before arriving and discovering by myself.
After reviewing some comments below, I was not expecting much from this hotel, and actually, my stay there was very positive.
Ok, it is not luxurious, but come on, what do you need when you go to Phuket with some friends, and you spend most of your time outside. As long as you have a nice bed, good aircon and shower.
Right in front of the beach, with friendly, staff, you will find this hotel very convenient.
1700baht / night, rooms are confy. If anything broken, the staff are very easy to talk to and will repare while you are at the beach.
Free wifi in all the room, and housekeeping everyday.
If I would be picky, I would say it can be a bit noisy for the ones who don't want to wake up early. But for the ones who want quite area, you don't go to Patong Beach.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Henri B

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Please do not stay in this hotel. I have travelled all around the world and stayed in a number of hotels. I had the worst experience of my life at Patong inn. There were ants in the room, the air conditioning was ineffective, the beds were in miserable condition, there was no hot water and the bathroom was stinking in absence of an air freshener or fan. The locker was broken and the door could not be securely locked from inside. To top it all,the boss was the most horrible, quarrelsome woman who shouted at us as if we were beggars. My little kids felt so threatened by her abuses and we felt concerned for our safety. If I hadn't paid the full amount upon arrival and the season was not extremely busy, I would have checked out immediately. The three days that we were forced to stay in this hotel were the worst days of our holidays. My husband and I are both teachers. I am a peace loving person and I usually do not write reviews but my disastrous experience compelled me to warn other people. There are so many other better options available in this area. So please do not spoil your lovely holidays by staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandy V
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel has a great loxcation and is excellent fo budget travalers like us. we stayed for a week and had a great time. the evening staff are great and they have a little bar where you can drink before you start ur night up the famous bangla road.

we took one of the seaview rooms and yes we could see the sea, just through the electric wires that adorn the pilons outside the room. the room was very clean and one night we had a problem with the lectric not coming on but the night staff was kind enough to help us fix it.

for location and budegt this is a one in a million hotels. the only thing that did concern me was sign at receptiopn offering rooms by the hour rate which we all know what that means but hey ho

Room Tip: Top floor seaview room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danny H
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I spent 4 nights here in January of this year. This is about as close to the beach as you can get for a budget hotel and 2 minutes walk away to the Bangla Road if thats your 'cup of tea'. For the price and from some of the reviews i was expecting something much worst however i was more than satisfied and would check in again if i went back to Patong Beach. The Staff were efficient (not much english however) and the rooms were clean and had TV and quiet working air-con. My only gripe was a cold shower for the final 2 days but as a single traveller i wasn't particularly bothered. I've seen some bad reviews about the noisy, dirty, smelly location but thats Patong as a whole. I've also seem some suggestion that this is overpriced but when you compare to other Hotels/Hostels/B&B's its still one of the best prices you can find. Wouldn't recommend for families (Why a family would want to go to patong bay i will never know) but certainly backpackers, singles and couples who are on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Travelling_JonW
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We are not budget travellers but stayed here for 1 night. we were positively surprised. Location of hotel really great - 1 minute fron beach, 5 minutes from Bangla road - where you can find most active nighlife i have ever seen:) free wi fi. Nice stuff, individual attitude as small hottel. Really good price - high value for money!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank EvucisS
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Unlike the previous writer I had a completely different experience. everything worked fine for me in fact this was the best stay I've had at this hotel. if you're wanting to spend you're money on yourself I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: improve your fitness, no elevators!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank ManyPaths_11
Reviewed November 25, 2011

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights. The room and bathroom were so dirty. The controller of the air-cond in my parent's room was not working and water was leaking from the air-cond which made the beds wet. Informed the front desk but they seems "don't understand" what we were trying to say(we spoke in English), the didn't change a room for us, so my parent got to suffer for 4 days.
The next day, the controller of air-cond in my sister's room not working well too, we informed the front desk again and they sent someone up to take a look. The staff also don't understand us (I must emphasize we speak fluent English). He opened up the air-cond cover despite we kept telling him is the controller not the air-cond. So he put back eveything and the remote was not repaired. That night, the cover of the air-cond fell down in the middle of night and air-cond started leaking water. Called up front desk, someone came and had a look,she turned black face and blamed us that we spoilt their air-cond, she spoke in raised voice!! Terrible!!
Most highlights was!! Upon check out, the staff trying to cheat us that we took the drinks from minibar, but we 100% sure we didn't. Then the lady boss SHOUTED at us said "you all drink drink drink and don't want to pay, I am VERY RICH, I don't mind" then somemore she chased us out of the hotel(payment all settle), again she SHOUT at us said" you all can go now, don't park you car in front of my hotel, don't come back again"!! Now they can speak fluent English when scolding us!!! Terrible terrible really horrible.
I had been travelling to many countries(more than 10 countries at least), first time I was shouted by the hotel bosss!!!!!!! This spoilt the mood of my whole trip...

• Stayed: November 2011