“I love it”

Ranked #247 of 405 Patong B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“I love it”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

People there are friendly, owner and staff and funny,
they took care of us and advised us in many issues, even that we had long chats with them.
rooms are good, not luxurious but clean.
in the heart of patong beach, where all the activities happens.
Very good for single people.
Recommended

Room Tip: Try to have to sea view room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Zak961

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
indonesia
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I hv stayed there last week. They have really great location, not far from crowd, shopping area and clubs. Not very noisy despite drunk mans screaming out from the street every night.
anyway, i've enjoyed my stay, closet was broken on my last night. Room was OK, compare with their price and FREE wi-fi throughout the hotel makes me feel comfortable.
I rarely stayed on my room so i dont really care with the interior, pool, etc. Thai Massage on ground floor of the hotel was amazing - highly recommended. I'll be back later this year.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank princess_0986
Berlin
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Stayed one night on the way back from a liveaboard trip in the similan.
Location is great but our matresses were ridden with bed bugs and I'm now covered in bites. Furthermore the aircon sounded like a jet fighter engine and it was leaking water on the mattress.
Never, ever again.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Camillo71

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel from mid December to early January. I found the room to be very good, good air con, hot water, cable TV, cleaned everyday. Beach towels available from reception. Internet in lobby. Breakfast was included

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ManyPaths_11
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 21, 2010

This place is just across the street/beach. Wifi is not free but they have internet cards for sale. Breakfast is not included in the room. Our room is basic but clean and has airconditioning, cable t.v. and hot water in the bathroom. It is around 5 mins walk to Mc Donalds and there's a lot of travel agencies that can help you with the tours. Generally I would recommend this hotel for budget travellers who just need a basic decent accommodation. Oh by the way the people in the the front desk barely speaks english except for Nat who is on duty at night.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cresil
USA
Reviewed May 22, 2008

A few of many issues: 1) first room I received was not very clean, especially the bathroom, and I don't believe my standards for a clean room are exceptionally high 2) I woke up in the morning and found ants all over the bottom of the bed. When I brought this up to the hotel manager, he didn't want to move me to a new room. He wanted to just change the sheets which was unacceptable. I was finally given a new room, which this time didn't have ants but still wasn't very clean 3) I came back to the hotel after a day trip around 6 in the evening and found the front desk employee had his head on the desk and was sound asleep... this obviously made me quite uncomfortable as all the room keys were on hooks behind him. I tried to say "excuse me, etc." to try to wake him but had no success so I walked behind the desk and got my own key. About an hour later when I left to get dinner, he was still sleeping so I took my key with me. Several hours later when I came home from dinner, I found he moved from the desk to actually sleeping across one of the couches in the lobby!! 4) As if i wasn't completely frustrated, the day before my flight out of Phuket I spoke to a woman at the front desk and asked her to arrange a taxi as I had an early flight. When I arrived downstairs to check out and get the taxi the next day she just said she forgot to do it.... because it was so early in the morning, I didn't have a lot of other options. I could catch a taxi on the street (there were none of course because it was early) or she could arrange something. Since there were no cabs to be found, she arranged a car which was significantly more expensive than the taxi I took from the airport to the hotel. And I had to pay them for the taxi so I'm sure they were making more money on their mistake of not booking me one in advance! I barely made my flight!!! I was lucky they were nice at Thai Air! 5) The hotel required full payment upon arrival.... no where else in Thailand was this the case. Every other hotel I paid upon check out. Needless to say if I hadn't already paid for the dumpy room, I probably would've been looking for other options after my frustrations started there! Patong is lined with hotels, I guarantee you can find a better place than this for the same price! I've relied on TripAdvisor reviews for trips through out the world, but admit that I have been lazy about posting reviews! However, I felt so strongly about this place, I had to warn other people!

• Liked — Leaving the place!
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, rude employees!
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Travel-the-World01
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2008

Booked for two nights at the Patong Inn in January 2008 using a website. We also went for the pre-arranged transportation as we were arriving late at eh Phuket airport after a flight from Bangkok. Our private taxi driver was there to greet us as planned even tghout our flight was late arriving. The car, the driver and the drive were great. Our problem occurred when we were brought to a different hotel. Being that it was close to 2:00 AM, when they told us that the Patong Inn was fully booked and that we had to stay here for one night, we didn't have much choice. We confirmed with the manager of the Patong Inn that the story was right and that they would move us to the Patong Inn the next day. At 9:30 AM the next morning we were escorted to the Patong Inn (just around the corner) where we had to wait and wait some more for our room to be ready. Once we got the room we found it to be OK, clean but nothing spectacular. The best thing this hotel has to offer is its location. It is right on the beach front probably in the middle of Patong Beach. Close proximity to bars and restaurants.
When we decided to stay an extra night we were told it was OK but we had to change rooms again. This meant more waiting but by then we were used to it.
The staff who work at the Patong Inn are very friendly and they do their best to accommodate all their guests.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)