Salathai Resort
$123
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
Amari Phuket(Patong)
$110
$93
Hotels.com
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$67
$59
$104
$95
Marriott Hotels
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Salathai is a great place to stay. The people here are fantastic and always happy to help. The place is just off the main road and very peaceful. The food is great as well as the staff working in the restaurant (we loved Touch, he is great).
You wont be disappointment staying here.

Room Tip: All rooms look over the pool. We had a deluxe room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jess1984_12
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife and I have just come back from 10 days stay at the Salathai Hotel Resort, from March 3 – 13 2012 and really we wish we were still there.
We found this hotel on TripAdvisor and chose it simply because of the totally positive feedback from previous guests. I could not find any fault or anything bad said about it.
I booked our stay direct through the hotel and I found Sunny to be helpful and a delight to deal with.
We arrived in Phuket just after midnight after a 12 hour flight from Auckland – Bangkok direct then another hour flight to Phuket so we were pretty wrung out by the time we got to Phuket airport.
We were met by a taxi at the airport and driven to our hotel arriving at about 1:am. We were shown our room on the ground floor beside the pool and went straight to bed.
We found the air conditioning unit a bit on the noisy side and this was to prove to be the only thing we could possibly fault during our ten-day stay
We woke up late the next morning and ushered to the restaurant for our alfresco breakfast of cereal, tropical fruit, toast and the choice of a full cooked breakfast, all part of the daily tariff.
The hotel grounds are absolutely immaculate with the large swimming pool the central point surrounded by Frangipani trees. The ground staff keeps the pool and grounds pristine and are a credit to them.
Our first visit to Phuket and indeed Thailand was made so much memorable thanks to Sunny and her team at the Salathai hotel. We met other guests there who have been coming back to the Salathai Resort year after year, and in some cases three or more times a year which confirmed to us that we had stayed in one of the most popular places in Phuket.
This will not be our last visit to Phuket or to Salathai Resort either. One of the many features is the location, About 3 minutes walk to Patong Beach, 15 minutes to the JungCeylon shopping complex and retaurants, and one block from Bungalar Road. Another feature is the quiet location. We never heard any noise other than the air-con machine. I suggest that money for value this has to be right up there as far as value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are better value as you simply step out of the room to the pool area. Not being any elevators I would not want to drag my luggage up one or two flights of stairs
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ian-NewZealand
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We are a couple from Germany how travel to Phuket two to three times a year since 1998. And trust me we tried a lot of Hotels on Phuket. Thank God we found the Salathai in 2009.

We stayed at the Salathai for the fith time and keep coming back... This time we stayed for 14 Nights in November-December 2011.

positive:

very friendly attendive staff
clean rooms.
free WiFi in all areas
great pool
within walking distance to all Patong attractions
very quiet and peacful.

The breakfast becomes a little boring after a few day. Here a little variation would help.

All togther we will keep on coming back

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anja B
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at the Salathai for 7 nights and were very impressed with the place. The room we had was beautiful, on the top floor and overlooked the pool area. The staff were all friendly and very helpful in arranging day trips and taxis to/from the airport for us.

The hotel is situated about a 5 minute walk from the beach and about 15-20 mins walk to Bangla Road (depending on how hassled you get on the way there!)

It was pretty quiet when we there but I think it was just because it was the wet season, we could see nothing wrong with the accommodation.

I'd recommend eating out though as the food in the restaurant, although nice, didn't really give us the authentic Thai feel that we had experienced in other parts of Thailand

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lindseyvm
Reviewed January 16, 2012

When I am in Phuket off-season, there is no other place I'd consider. I love Salathai - wonderful staff, nice rooms, comfy swimming pool. Excellent location - not too close and not too far to the beach and Bangla Road.

In season, their rooms are a bit pricey for me (but in line with similar hotels in Patong), so I chose to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: One small nuisance, the rooms towards the back may be noisy because of some engine running (generator?) so be careful to request a room NOT at the back.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo