My girlfriend and I are currently into the second week of a month-long stay in the Patong Tower complex, which is located in Patong Beach, Phuket. At 31 storeys the building certainly stands out on the Patong Beach skyline. The building is set back approximately 200 metres from the main road (Thaweewong Beach Road) and, as mentioned in the previous review, it is centrally located along the beach strip.
Our apartment is located on the thirteenth floor facing the bay. While street/bar noise is evident it isn’t disturbing and we can quite happily sit on the balcony or in the lounge with the sliding doors open. There are two air conditioning units in the apartment; one in the bedroom and one in the lounge. Two fans were also provided in our apartment. During the day we used the fan in the lounge and at night we ran the air conditioner in the bedroom. The terms of our rental had us paying for all electricity used during our stay.
Our apartment was standard in the complex with one bedroom, lounge/dining, bathroom and [American] kitchen. The latter was far from our understanding of an ‘American’ kitchen but pretty much what we have come to expect of South East Asian domestic kitchens. Our apartment’s kitchen did contain everything you would need for a self-contained stay. It should be noted that all the apartments in the complex are privately owned so the furnishings and fittings will vary. All of the apartments offer free WiFi Internet, which we used and the connection was fairly reliable and fast. We had satellite television and a DVD player provided. A key-activated [small] safe was located in the bedroom. The apartment was cleaned daily between Monday-Saturday with fresh towels etc. provided. There were two chairs and coffee table on the balcony where we spent a lot of time admiring the view and enjoying the sea breeze. Instant hot water was only available in the shower, which had very good pressure. We were told by the managing agent of the apartment that the tap water shouldn’t be consumed. A decent supermarket (Big One) is located two minutes walk away, where we were able to buy 5-litre containers of water for 37 Baht. Located just behind the apartments is the JungCeylon shopping complex, which contains Robinson’s and Carrefour stores.
The swimming pool was O.K. and pretty much under-utilized by the residents. There were no seating/loungers in the pool area. However, with Patong Beach less than five minutes walk away we only used the pool to freshen up after a day on the beach. As mentioned previously there are is a huge variety of restaurants, bars and shops on your doorstep.
At the time of writing this review there is construction under way next door on a three storey building, which does get noisy at times. Obviously this will not be an issue once completed.
In conclusion we would stay here again. However, you are basically paying for the views of the bay and there are much cheaper accommodation options around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Patong tower holiday rentals propose, for rent, at Patong, in the Patong Tower, fully furnished apartments and offering a splendid view on the ocean or the mountains. They include cable channels on flat screen, BBC World, CNN, etc... , DVD Player. Beds at standard "King Size", fully equipped kitchens, ADSL Wi-Fi and some provide Jacuzzi. Daily cleaning, free beach towels. .We offer a range of services included or as extras (local prices), which will make your stay a unique moment of pleasure and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Patong Tower Holiday Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patong Tower Hotel Patong
- Patong Tower Holiday Rentals Phuket