I was short on time in finding a place in Phuket, so I stayed here two nights based on the reviews I read, location and price.
The check-in was quick.
The room while big was spartan and antiquated. The rooms require a key to get it and a sometimes awkward effort to fit the key sleeve just right to activate the electricity. The rooms are ancient and haven't seen a lick of paint or any updates ever!
I think this may be a problem in some hotels, but the drain in the shower nearly cost the life of my new mobile phone and a serious fall while exiting the bathroom following a shower. I had left my shorts near the bathroom door which contained my phone. While exiting the bathroom, not knowing there was water all over the floor, i very nearly slipped and once I recovered from that I realized that my phone maybe fried.
Luckily my phone was seated a few cm's above the water line! WTF!
It was raining a lot on arrival and there also some significant leakage coming from the window. Another safety issue!
This place certainly wasn't a welcoming place and I didn't spend much time in this room. It was dark and old. Did I say it was old already?! Never turned on the CRT TV and there isn't Internet in the room. Get 3G on arrival. Problem solved.
Check out was fine.
I forgot something at the hotel and when I returned the following day no one knew anything about it!
Won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly constructed Bel Aire Resort, features 33 family rooms and 99 superior rooms decorated in traditional Thai style. Conveniently located at Phuket's Patong beach, the hotel offers, Jacuzzi's, Wifi coffee shop, spa, massage, exercise equipment and most of the comforts and amenities found at the more expensive five star resorts at a budget price. The resort is located on a quiet cul-de-sac in the entertainment, shopping area of Patong. It's just a short walk to swaying coconut palms and curved white sand beach lining the shimmering blue water, or the lively dance shows, nightlife, dive shops and Muay Thai boxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Bel Aire Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Aire Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Bel Aire Hotel Phuket
- Bel Aire Resort Phuket Patong