Lowest prices for your stay
$32
Free cancellation until 10/02/21
Expedia.com$32
Hotels.com$32
Priceline$43
All reviews pool access room massive bathroom swim up bar bangla road big pool hotel is located pool side the ground floor stayed here for nights awesome hotel breakfast was included thailand mattress heaps poolside
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our first time to Phuket & we absolutely loved it. Lovely staff, huge clean rooms, we upgraded to the pool access room which was amazing! Bufet Breakfast was awesome! Staff were friendly. Location was great! No. 9 restaurant across the road was the BEST value & food was beautiful. Can't recommend this hotel enough & will DEFINATELY BE BACK! Thanks Patong Paragon for the Lovely stay :-)

3  Thank HWhanau
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Rooms are huge and the bathroom has everything you need. Separate bathtub and large shower, make-up table with chair and blowdryer etc. Balcony has a great view of the pool and pool bar. We were there in low-season (2 weeks in september). Free internet. Excellent service at the lobby. Beach is a 30 sec. walk from the lobby. On the beach you can stroll to all the restaurants, bars en shops in less then 10 minutes.

Couple of tips:
- for roughly 8 euro you can do a roundtrip to Koh Pi Pi. Great Island, must see!
- rent a bike from the hotel for 5 euro per day.
- use the bike and go to Catch Beach Club at Surin Beach

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank EM D
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our family just spent 7 nights at this resort. It was our 2nd time here and was as good as the first time which brought us back.

The resort was still as beautiful as ever. The room was nice and clean. The pool, enjoyable. The people, friendly and welcoming. The breakfast, mouth-watering. Some improvement could be made on the Wi-Fi coverage, which worked best on the balcony and didn't work inside the room away from the windows and balcony. The bathroom tiles were also showing signs of the tropical wear and tear. Overall another very enjoyable stay!

Room tip: Pool Access Rooms are great for family with kids.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Melburnian-3095
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm fussy when it comes to hotels so after much deliberation & reading review after review of hotels in Patong I settled on paragon spa & resort for my partner & I for 4 nights, mainly because being low season, our pool access room we selected was only approx $100AU a night - bargain! Note the Spa is closed, not sure for how long.

Checkin was informative & smooth & provided by a friendly young girl. This was my 1st time in Thailand (my partners 4th time) her friendly disposition was a nice start to the holiday.

Hotel itself is nicely presented, as mentioned I booked a pool access room & it was HUGE. Air con worked a treat, great sitting area with a mattress & window overlooking the pool, I laid here to read my Kindle at one stage. Beds were largish but as other reviewers have mentioned they were very hard, I did have trouble sleeping the 1st night but got used to the hardness. bathroom was largish & we were provided with little amenities like most hotels I.e. toothbrush, soap. Shower was pretty hard water pressure wise but good large size. Clean enough as well.

So glad we picked the pool access room as it was so nice to walk out our door into our small balcony than into the pool esp after a hard night of drinking :-). Pool was fairly clean, lots of sand, grit, leaves & a few long centipede things in the bottom which freaked me out for a sec. We didn't use the sun beds but there seemed to be enough, don't think the hotel was full as at one stage we were the only ones in the pool for a few hrs. The pool bar was rarely manned but the drinks were a bit pricey anyway so we weren't that bothered, pool quite large with sections with fountains, smaller sections for kids & spa/bubble jet sections.

I tried the gym the first morning & was very impressed, heaps of large brand new equipment & a fridge to keep your drinks cool while you work out.

Ddn't try the restaurant "catch & grill" although it looked closed anyway. Breakfast was okay, lots of dishes both western & Asian, I highly rated the scrambled eggs & by the 3rd day she already new what I wanted, fruit was lovely as it is everywhere in Thailand, esp the pineapples & bananas. The other Asian dishes looked like they had been sitting there for awhile & looked unappetizing. Nice selections of breads, French toast, croissants etc. We also received 1 kg of fruit as part of our package, this was delicious & refreshing.

Very close the the beach & we walked a few meters down, hired 2 sun chairs, took some music down & watched the sun go down, the guy was closing up but let us sit there for a hr & bought us beers until the sunset, was the highlight of my trip. The walk to Bangla is approx 20 mins & although we did it a few times when we couldn't be assed with just took a tuk tuk or taxi as they all were charging 200baht. We also hired a scooter overnight & the porters were very helpful in showing is the hotel parking underneath the building of which there is heaps of space.

All in all the price was very very good value, we would most def stay here again as it is quite & the pool access room was a delight. Recommended for families with kids or couples. Didn't try the restaurants or massage places near the hotel althou there is a 7/11 opposite (gotta get through the busy traffic first though!) and we booked a trip through a very friendly lady across the road & a little to the left (she also has a Internet cafe inside) she was super lovely & gave us a discount on our elephant safari.

Recommended. :-)

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank FoodieForLife81
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Have just returned from a week at Patong Paragon. Transfers from and to airport went without a hitch. About average same as countless others in Patong I reckon. Checking in and out went very well and girls in reception were friendly and helpful. Rooms are large with a nice little balcony. Inner ones overlook the pool which is nice. Cleanliness of rooms and all other areas is pretty good, except there is a bit of mould arount the shower. The thing that will stay in my memory the longest is how hard the beds are. My goodness, it was like lying on the floor. People say all the beds in Patong are hard, but we stayed at Gracelands a couple of years ago and theirs were not this unforgiving. The Pool looks good from a distance but on closer inspection, a lot ot the grout between tiles has gone and fountains and lights etc don't work. We wanted to have drinks at the swim up bar one day but it wasn't manned so we went without. Another hot afternoon the pool was closed and when I asked why, they said it was because there was no security. When I pushed the subject they said we could use it as long as we were careful. Breakfast fare was good with a range of different dishes that would satisfy all tastes. As part of our package we received a free dinner but unfortunately it was not very nice. We were the only people in the restaurant and I now know why. Even though we didn't use the gym, it was clean and full of what looked like new machines. Patong Paragon is a little way from the central part of Town but it's a nice walk along the beach or 200 baht taxi ride. Out the front door and turn left and there is a pharmacy and a place where you can have your laundry done much cheaper than in the hotel. There is a 7eleven and ATM across the road and a place on the corner where you can get good cheap massages, manicures, pedicures etc.

Room tip: Ask for room that overlooks the pool. As well as better view, they are quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family